• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

[video=youtube;8eE19bxsDWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eE19bxsDWQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUc1qA_64TEqAX9pnGJOO0Dw[/video]

Luke Wileman
@LukeWileman
Can confirm Jermain Defoe is expected to arrive in Canada this weekend to complete his transfer to @torontofc from Tottenham #MLS

Is this move at the end of the season? MLS runs March to December, so it's a bit in-between.

BTW, I've noticed that Soldado always shows warmth towards Defoe, usually as he's coming off for him. I suspect Defoe is a great guy behind the scenes who would be supportive even of someone competing for his position. Soldado looks like he appreciates that.

Is this move at the end of the season? MLS runs March to December, so it's a bit in-between.

BTW, I've noticed that Soldado always shows warmth towards Defoe, usually as he's coming off for him. I suspect Defoe is a great guy behind the scenes who would be supportive even of someone competing for his position. Soldado looks like he appreciates that.

Yep, Soldado actually mentioned it in one of his interviews, that there is competition, but supportive.

JD will score for fun in MLS, it's just Toronto is truly a dreadful side.

Can't help but feel disappointed that JD never really lived up to his potential with Spurs. He could have done so much more. I'll wait until it's confirmed though

Can't help but feel disappointed that JD never really lived up to his potential with Spurs. He could have done so much more. I'll wait until it's confirmed though

Funny thing is, I think he would have done better at United/Scum, somewhere where a pure poacher would have been utilized.

If he is off this weekend I really hope we have a replacement/back-up striker lined up, dont really want to try and finish the rest of the season with just Soldado/Adebayor/Kane.

Especially now Obika has just gone on loan as well as Coulthirst.

You just know if we dont add to the strikeforce Soldado or Adebayor will get injured v Hull or Everton. Guaranteed.

Last edited:
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1674807/toronto-unveil-jermain-defoe-report?cc=5739
Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe is set to join Toronto FC on Monday, according to the Toronto Sun.

The newspaper has reported that "Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe will be unveiled as TFC's newest Designated Player Monday morning."

No direct mention of Defoe appeared on Toronto FC's official website, but an image on the home page carries the words "It's a bloody big deal," accompanied by Monday's date.

Good luck Jermain. Scored some memorable goals. Would have liked to have seen him stay and move up another place in our all-time scorers list.

All the best and thanks for a great contribution for the club! 355 games and 142 goals make him our fifth highest goalscorer ever - I suspect many years will pass before we have anyone that gets close to that number of goals again.

Have to say, if we have no one coming in then this is ****e tbh..

Wish him all the best, will more than likely score for fun over there.

Back