• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O / t pep

Although I think that it is far from certain that Pep will be a success at another club. It is hard to know how much was him, how much was Barca and how much was the fantastic group of players. It will be really interesting to see how he does and will make the Bundesliga even more fascinating.

Absolutely. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to FC Hollywood and their unique brand of egocentric decision-making. But I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that, whatever else he does, he will at least attempt to make FCB play his way, i.e, the way his Barca team played. Which is what I'm looking forward to watching, especially when he comes up against Klopp's boys. Those are two Bundesliga games all football fans should mark on their calendars, I think. :)

I can imagine that they would be popular matches to go to watch. I'd be tempted to get tickets to watch the second of the ties.

Fantastic. The best possible outcome.

Firstly, it means he won't be in the PL for at least another three years, meaning no City or Chelsea on his resume. For the time being, at least. Which allows me to continue admiring the guy without having to feel unclean about it.

Secondly, it means next season, we get to see Klopp's Dortmund take on Pep's Bayern. If there is a better footballing match-up beyond Brazil 1971 versus Barcelona 2009, I have yet to hear of it.

Thirdly, it ups the profile of the Bundesliga even further, which is good news for European football as a whole. The idea that a sensibly managed league, with fan-owned clubs, decent ticket prices and magnificent atmospheres could also contain two of the most exciting teams on the continent (Dortmund and Bayern), playing in some of the most atmospheric stadiums on the continent (the Allianz, the Veltins-Arena, and the Signal Iduna, among others) is one that should be cherished, and a lesson for the uber-hyped Premier League that sometimes, sport trumps cash.

Agree with everything - just one small mention on the bolded bit

FC Bayern Munich is one of the richest football clubs in the world, profitable year after year, only surpassed in wage expenditure by the Spanish colossi and possibly City and Chelsea). In fact - they were first in some aspects not long ago, such as merchandise income (imagine selling more shirts than the fanboys can buy of Messi!) It's not like he'll be working pro-bono or having 5m for transfers - they'd give him nearly as much fire-power as he would have had in Spain or England (bar City and Chelsea probably)

Make no mistake, mate - he's gone to one of the richest clubs in the world and would be able to compete at the very top in every transfer market

19+FFP+Commercial.jpg

11+FFP+Revenue+Growth.jpg

30+FFP+Money+League.jpg

Last edited:
not surprised he went to Bayern, i feel the real competition for top places there is less than in the premiership. easier life for him there.

and clearly exposure and revenue stream appears to be massive

not seen this raised anywhere, but i'm a bit worried this managerial merry go round might end up with Madrid being after AVB in the summer, maybe even earlier if Madrid get knocked out of the CL

not seen this raised anywhere, but i'm a bit worried this managerial merry go round might end up with Madrid being after AVB in the summer, maybe even earlier if Madrid get knocked out of the CL

I think we're safe for some time still

They'll probably opt for Rafa on a short term basis while Klopp decides to move (if ever)

Last edited:
HAs AVB proved himself enough for that to be a worry?

by the summer he'll have a FA Cup and a Premier League title don't forget ;-)

I just think he's the type of manager they would be looking at and there are not a lot of high profile candidates around at the minute

by the summer he'll have a FA Cup and a Premier League title don't forget ;-)

I just think he's the type of manager they would be looking at and there are not a lot of high profile candidates around at the minute

LOL...indeed.

but going on your second point i agree that there arent many high profile ones but there are ones with better resumes out there. i dont think we need to worry..alot of AVB popularity is down to the media and his time at porto, run away giants in a two team league.

he's doing very well with us, but his performance will come season end when wwe can look back on how we have done..

i think we are safe, though maybe your worries have good merit. i just think he needs time to show he can really do it in a top league

plus REAL is the epitomy of the ingredients that caused him to fail at chelsea. check out the ego's on that team.

I think we're safe for some time still

They'll probably opt for Rafa on a short term basis while Klopp decides to move (if ever)

We might be safe for longer if we can get in one or two that he really wants. Say if we sign Mout, he's the one player he really really really wants, i can't see him abandoning him with us if we are in the CL..

*crosses fingers*

We might be safe for longer if we can get in one or two that he really wants. Say if we sign Mout, he's the one player he really really really wants, i can't see him abandoning him with us if we are in the CL..

*crosses fingers*

I know this is banter - but how do we know that for sure?

“I have never hidden that he is a player of tremendous qualities - there are only a few players who can come in straight away to a team and have a direct impact. Only world-class players do that and he is certainly one of them but it doesn’t mean it’s within our reach.”

I guess there could be others he also really really really wants though.

AVB to Real????? he'd be a right mug to go there

Spurs and AVB are a great fit for many years to come if both trust in each other

Emirates Marketing Project must be the ones most disappointed by Pep's decision. After bringing in Tixi and the other Barca bloke surely the final piece of the jigsaw was Pep

are we man utd and real's feeder club now ? you'd think with all the great players we give them we'd actually be good ourselves lol.

No way would that work! Kloppo is not one of those traitor types looking to "move up" - Dortmund is set for the next 10 years under him.

I agree with you, but that won't stop Roman throwing money at him. Hopefully he has enough sense to say no.

Back