• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O / t pep

Guardiola to Nayern Munich from July until 2016.

Didn't see that coming!

Called it on here months back.
Rumours going round Germany since the summer.
There was no way a guy so much in love with the tradition and history of football was ever gonna turn up and manage a club like City or Chelsea.

Chelski fans will have to get used to Benitez long-term now. I can imagine even more hostility toward the Spanish waiter at the next home game as Pep was a done deal in their eyes.

Bayern Munich are a fantastic club, great move by Pep.

A place I used to work used to treat subcontractors terribly, and word got round. In the end they couldn't get any subbies to go there no matter how much they put up the pay rate. Hoping this is the case with Chelsea.

Fantastic. The best possible outcome.

Firstly, it means he won't be in the PL for at least another three years, meaning no City or Chelsea on his resume. For the time being, at least. Which allows me to continue admiring the guy without having to feel unclean about it.

Secondly, it means next season, we get to see Klopp's Dortmund take on Pep's Bayern. If there is a better footballing match-up beyond Brazil 1971 versus Barcelona 2009, I have yet to hear of it.

Thirdly, it ups the profile of the Bundesliga even further, which is good news for European football as a whole. The idea that a sensibly managed league, with fan-owned clubs, decent ticket prices and magnificent atmospheres could also contain two of the most exciting teams on the continent (Dortmund and Bayern), playing in some of the most atmospheric stadiums on the continent (the Allianz, the Veltins-Arena, and the Signal Iduna, among others) is one that should be cherished, and a lesson for the uber-hyped Premier League that sometimes, sport trumps cash.

Firstly, it means he won't be in the PL for at least another three years, meaning no City or Chelsea on his resume. For the time being, at least. Which allows me to continue admiring the guy without having to feel unclean about it.

Secondly, it means next season, we get to see Klopp's Dortmund take on Pep's Bayern. If there is a better footballing match-up beyond Brazil 1971 versus Barcelona 2009, I have yet to hear of it.

Thirdly, it ups the profile of the Bundesliga even further, which is good news for European football as a whole. The idea that a sensibly managed league, with fan-owned clubs, decent ticket prices and magnificent atmospheres could also contain two of the most exciting teams on the continent (Dortmund and Bayern), playing in some of the most atmospheric stadiums on the continent (the Allianz, the Veltins-Arena, and the Signal Iduna, among others) is one that should be cherished, and a lesson for the uber-hyped Premier League that sometimes, sport trumps cash.
Well said

Arsenal fans on twitter fu,ing they didnt get him in, did they honestly even stand a chance ???

Yeah it was unlikely, even more so with Whinger still in charge. They'll never sack him. Guardiola would be a good fit for Arsenal much as is pains me to say it.

Spot on.

Although I think that it is far from certain that Pep will be a success at another club. It is hard to know how much was him, how much was Barca and how much was the fantastic group of players. It will be really interesting to see how he does and will make the Bundesliga even more fascinating.

Back