• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Sunday Supplement journo's talking about Harry and what he will do with back room team, etc, its like he isnt Spurs manager

These are the same tacos who will be slating him if he loses one game as England manager, hypocrites

Sunday People reporting that the FA will get Harry and as part of that we will get Wembley to use whist our new stadium is built

Hahahahahahah yeh ok

Now that would be a Levy masterstroke to top them all. Liverpool fans used to call the old Wembley Anfield South.

We could call it Tottenham West, but like you say, wont happen

Now that would be a Levy masterstroke to top them all. Liverpool fans used to call the old Wembley Anfield South.

We could call it Tottenham West, but like you say, wont happen

I'd hate to play at Wembley week in week out. We'd probably find our home games being a lot more difficult!

I wonder if this run of games has the F.A. worried, showing redknapp for what he is. Good motivator but not a lot else and england being as brick as we are we need someone who can do tactics.

I wonder if this run of games has the F.A. worried, showing redknapp for what he is. Good motivator but not a lot else and england being as brick as we are we need someone who can do tactics.

Sort of agree. He's had two shockers tactics wise in the last two games, but I don't think he's bad as people make out. One of his strengths is getting players in for good deals i.e. wheeling and dealing, can't do that with England, he'll basically have whats in front of him and thats it.

Sort of agree. He's had two shockers tactics wise in the last two games, but I don't think he's bad as people make out. One of his strengths is getting players in for good deals i.e. wheeling and dealing, can't do that with England, he'll basically have whats in front of him and thats it.

Hodgson is so the man for the job if the F.A. had any balls.

But i will be glad of getting 5m from them for a manager i do not rate that much, decent but he has taken us as far as he can and if the is even a slight chance of mourinho then lets hike our skirts up and pull down our knickers and bend over.

It's all went downhill since he left....

Cappello that is.

Everyone in Britain has unsettled the team by saying Harry should go to England.

Or are we just brick ?

Can we stop blaming the nation for unsettling anyone? If Redknapp doesn't want it unsettling the team, he had 4 very simple words he can utter which would shut up all talk. He hasn't because he wants to leave the options open. What do you expect them to do with the national job open?

Sample size.

Just faced the two teams currently 2nd and 4th in the table.

Team put in a brilliant performance against United.

Chill the fudge out. Don't panic. We know what these players are capable of and we know Harry is capable of bringing that out of them. Etc...

So it wasnt due to Cappello leaving.

Were just brick then, thanks for clarifying.

How long have you been a Spurs fan?

How would you describe Spurs mid '90s if we're currently brick?

We lost a game we deserved to win. We're not going to win the league this season. We're still 4 points clear of the gooners and even further ahead of 5th. With several fantastic players in our squad.

braineclispse is spot on, I think, on reflection. We played two of the best sides in the country back to back, and lost. One was because of those brain-blasts that happen every once in a while to Tottenham, even if we had a team of eleven cyborg hybrid clones of Lionel Messi playing for us. We dominated the other and lost because of the unavailability of our players (Parker, VdV and ale would have made a massive difference, imo) and a few errors at the back. We're fine. It's a blip. We'll move on.

If we lose to Stevenage mid-week, however....now that is ball-busting kneejerk time, and I'm not sure it'll even be a knee-jerk then.

Oh and you might raise your credibility from the zero rating it currently has on this board if you could spell his name correctly.

I'm genuinely embarrassed for you.

Vega? Tramezzani? Mido? Ghaly? Chimbonda?

There have been many times when we have been brick. Lining up with one of the best midfields in the Premier League, with a reliable keeper in goal and a decent (if not spectacular) defense and forward line, and sitting third, four points clear of Arsenal, is not one of them.

The game at international level is entirely about tactics; individual inspiration and creative flair have nearly been drilled out of it. Every move is practised countless times, every set piece repeated again and again, because those things can make the difference. Harry doesn't do intensive training, doesn't do tactics and one of his main strengths, buying the right player, is useless at the international level. So he wouldn't just be unsuited to the job, he could be a potential disaster if appointed. I hope, both for his sake and ours, he sees sense and sticks with what he's got here.

Back