• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Personally I think that it is inevitable that Harry will go. I also think that Harry is not the tactical dunce that some people are making out in this thread. Harry got us to 3rd, and the players seriously let themselves down. Arsenal wanted this more than we did, which is just not acceptable.

However, there is no point in dwelling on this. We are still third in the table, and have the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Let's get behind the team, behind the manager, and get together to cheer them for the rest of the season. The manager situation will sort itself out, and we will go on, with or without Harry.

SSN ramping up the Harry for England again this lunchtime.....seriously fudge off you bunch of ****s

This!!!

That **** Pulis is totally out of order!!!!

"I think everybody universally believes that Harry should have the job and I think the FA should do that as quickly as they can," Pulis said.

Tottenham boss Redknapp is the strong favourite to take over at some point and Pulis feels if the FA want the 64-year-old - who certainly gets his vote - they need to come to some arrangement with the London club swiftly about how and when he will assume the position.

"If Spurs allow him to go and both parties agree - whether Harry stays at Tottenham until the end of the season or it is done immediately - I think we should be able to just forget all the speculation," added Pulis.

"No disrespect to Stuart or anyone else, but I think Harry should get the job. I spoke to him the other day and I know that he is desperate for Tottenham to do well, so I doubt he will take it (and leave Spurs) while the season is still running.

"But if they (the FA) are thinking he should be the manager to take England on further, then I think it all needs sorting out before the European Championship (this summer) - even if he is just there as an observer and allows Stuart to do it."

SERIOUSLY fudge OFF tossERS!

They are trying to derail our seaso, I want Levy to come out and say NOTHING will be discussed until the end of the season and then it's ?ú20 million or fudge yourselves.

They are all at it, AVB and Fergie were out within a day or so saying he was the best man for the job - why? because it unsettles us as their rivals. Harry would probably be at it if it was someone else imo

you can't stop other managers talking about it but we should ban any questions about the england job at spurs press conferences.

what is the press officer or whatever title it is doing allowing arry to answer these questions ?

Not to make an announcement is head in the sand time!!

Levy comes out and tells everyone to fudge off, ASAP!

Spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>England!

Not to make an announcement is head in the sand time!!

Levy comes out and tells everyone to fudge off, ASAP!

Spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>England!

Unless it is already decided behind the scenes that Redknapp is going in the summer (and Jode arriving!!) and the decision is to keep it from the media, fans and players i.e. don't upset the applecart.

You keep changing. Is it tactics or formation which cost us? You blame playing 442, but here you clearly put the blame somewhere else, suggesting that if we hadnt played Niko RW (and maybe Lennon?), and Bale had stayed out on the LW, maybe we wouldnt have looked so awful.

Thats my opinion at least. The people who wanted 442 yesterday, wanted Lennon and Bale tearing down the flanks. We did not play that game.

The same with those who wanted 451. It wasnt quite what people expected...to jog around, not touch the ball, and concede 3 goals in 45 minutes....despite having that all important extra man in the middle.

You are right, it was tactics, but also a major lack of effort, and a complete bottle job from certain players, coupled with mistakes, and for some reason getting intimidated by a lesser team, who wanted it more, and were willing to die for their shirt.

You said Harry was naive to play 442, well your just as naive to blame yesterday soley on that.

Mate...

One and the same. Yes. If we had played Aaron Lennon on the right and Gareth Bale on the left, with Parker and Modric in the middle and vdv in the hole behind Adebayor, we would be playing the same 4-5-1 which has largely served us well away from home. In this case, two third of the tactics tie-in with the formation. I think that's pretty clear.

Yes, the players let us down. But the preparation MUST be questioned. And why did we go into this game with 4-4-2 thinking it was going to be like Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home (a Newcash missing Tiote and Cabye plus a manager who admitted wrongly going 4-4-2)?

To reiterate a few things:

everyone saw the problems at 2-0 up. We were not worth that lead and we were losing the midfield battle after Parker's yellow. Harry said he saw it from the bench. He said he wanted to get into HT 2-0 up and reorganize. We conceded a cheap first. He seems it going, he doesn't do anything.

we come out for the second-half 4-3-3, a system we rarely employ, a system which is clearly uncomfortable to the players, and system which requires supreme confidence. He has said that the dressing room was pretty 'down' at HT. So why would you go 4-3-3? Why would you not go 4-5-1, settle, get a hold of the ball, frustrate them and kill their momentum and then pick them off on the break?

Benny's failure to track back (and Bale's) was shocking, but 4-3-3 does not help that cause. IF you tell then to play a RIGID 4-5-1, BE PATIENT and BELIEVE in that patience game, then your wide players don't wander all over the place, your full-backs have cover at hand, your CB's have cover in front and you can wait for the 4-3-3 to wear itself into the ground before stealing a late march.

I really, really thought that was what we would do at HT. But we didn't.

So no mate, no shift, no changing of opinions, and hopefully I've been clearer here.

The biggest confusion to me is how Harry has managed to avoid criticism, avoid offering answers and steer clear of publicly being angry at the defeat/taking some of it on the chin?

He has done great things for us, yes, but he is not GHod...

This!!!

"I think everybody universally believes that Harry should have the job and I think the FA should do that as quickly as they can," Pulis said.

Tottenham boss Redknapp is the strong favourite to take over at some point and Pulis feels if the FA want the 64-year-old - who certainly gets his vote - they need to come to some arrangement with the London club swiftly about how and when he will assume the position.

"If Spurs allow him to go and both parties agree - whether Harry stays at Tottenham until the end of the season or it is done immediately - I think we should be able to just forget all the speculation," added Pulis.

"No disrespect to Stuart or anyone else, but I think Harry should get the job. I spoke to him the other day and I know that he is desperate for Tottenham to do well, so I doubt he will take it (and leave Spurs) while the season is still running.

"But if they (the FA) are thinking he should be the manager to take England on further, then I think it all needs sorting out before the European Championship (this summer) - even if he is just there as an observer and allows Stuart to do it."

They are trying to derail our seaso, I want Levy to come out and say NOTHING will be discussed until the end of the season and then it's ?ú20 million or fudge yourselves.

Something struck me a couple of days ago...we have never seen what Redknapp can do without behind-the-scenes pressure from outside/ again, the mistakes he made on Sunday, the actions, all of it has been so utterly bizarre I now have to wonder if the England talk has undermined him?

you can't stop other managers talking about it but we should ban any questions about the england job at spurs press conferences.

what is the press officer or whatever title it is doing allowing arry to answer these questions ?

They interruped Nick Collins last week during Harry's press conference for the scum game. He said this is a Spurs press conference and cut him off.

This!!!

Nothing would please me more than beating Stoke 2-1 and they get not one but THREE stonewall penalties denied just like we did at the Britannia, Ryan Shawcross gets sent off, Redknapp does a massive brick in Tony Pulis' fudging ugly hat at the end of the game and Stoke get a goal disallowed that is clearly 10 yards onside.

Look at how Levy dealt with Modric in the summer, there's no way he's going to let Redknapp leave without a fight.

Mate...

One and the same.

Not at all. We played 442, that was the formation, but our tactic was not to use two out and out wingers, and tear down the flanks. There is a difference.

Yes. If we had played Aaron Lennon on the right and Gareth Bale on the left, with Parker and Modric in the middle and vdv in the hole behind Adebayor, we would be playing the same 4-5-1 which has largely served us well away from home. In this case, two third of the tactics tie-in with the formation. I think that's pretty clear.

And if we had played that team, but had Defoe and Ade up top, we would also have played a system that has served us well....but we played neither. Point?

Yes, the players let us down. But the preparation MUST be questioned. And why did we go into this game with 4-4-2 thinking it was going to be like Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home (a Newcash missing Tiote and Cabye plus a manager who admitted wrongly going 4-4-2)?

442 has served us well against arsenal. Dont know why Lennon didnt play obviously. People keep ignoring the fact that we score goals against arsenal in a 442, but struggle in a 451. Both games at the Emirates are proof. Last year, first half was 451, second half was 442.

Maybe thats why

To reiterate a few things:

everyone saw the problems at 2-0 up. We were not worth that lead and we were losing the midfield battle after Parker's yellow. Harry said he saw it from the bench. He said he wanted to get into HT 2-0 up and reorganize. We conceded a cheap first. He seems it going, he doesn't do anything.

I think we worth the lead. We were under pressure, but hitting them well on the break, and despite the myth, the midfield were playing well. Did they score two own goals? No, we counter attacked, and stretched them on the break.

we come out for the second-half 4-3-3, a system we rarely employ, a system which is clearly uncomfortable to the players, and system which requires supreme confidence. He has said that the dressing room was pretty 'down' at HT. So why would you go 4-3-3? Why would you not go 4-5-1, settle, get a hold of the ball, frustrate them and kill their momentum and then pick them off on the break?

Who knows. Not my argument.

Benny's failure to track back (and Bale's) was shocking, but 4-3-3 does not help that cause. IF you tell then to play a RIGID 4-5-1, BE PATIENT and BELIEVE in that patience game, then your wide players don't wander all over the place, your full-backs have cover at hand, your CB's have cover in front and you can wait for the 4-3-3 to wear itself into the ground before stealing a late march.

I really, really thought that was what we would do at HT. But we didn't.

So no mate, no shift, no changing of opinions, and hopefully I've been clearer here.

The biggest confusion to me is how Harry has managed to avoid criticism, avoid offering answers and steer clear of publicly being angry at the defeat/taking some of it on the chin?

He has done great things for us, yes, but he is not GHod...

Criticism from who? He's recieved plenty, especially here on GG, some of it kneejerk, and some levelled. The press wont go overboard because they want him for England.

My biggest criticism of the arsenal massacre, is of the players....you said yourself they let us down. I think that level of effort would have seen us beat with a full strength team, in out best formation. Should I blame Harry for that?
In Harry's case, my criticism would be that if you play 442, you use the team to its maximum effect. Lennon and Bale, relentlessly tearing down the wings, with their FBs in support, crossing for Ade and Saha/Defoe.
People question the substitutions, but he brough on Sandro didnt he? Shame Sabdro was sh#t that day, cant blame Harry for that either.

No idea who said he was GHod either to be honest

Because the spin doctors have shifted the story away from him and it the process ignoring the biggest quote if it all - 'players beaten at half time already'. If you cannot lift and motivate your squad at half time but admit defeat instead after 45 minutes then I'm not sure what more is there to add. We can use any formation available and would still collapse. Not to mention to baffling choice of starting the caricature of a PL player tha Kranjcar has become of late.

Back