• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Sh1t, We're Tense..

Re: No brick, We're Tense..

Much rather it be tense because we are competing for something rather than mid-table mediocrity or a "tense" relegation battle

With two CL places up for grabs - i'd expect arsenal and chelsea to be tense at home as well, no different from us.

Third option: The guy next to you is concentrating intently so is quiet.

To both you and tommysvr, I've picked up over the seasons that when there's a big game that's finely balanced and gripping is when the crowd is often quietest, I guess it's a human reaction when people are concentrating intently, perhaps the Lane has been quieter of the last few seasons because we're getting better meaning that when we're playing for higher stakes more frequently we as fans concentrate more intently.

I don't know if I'm explaining myself very well but I hope you get my gist.
That is a fair point. Though i would still think support would offer more help than concentration.

I don't disagree with you but I tend to be less vocal when I'm concentrating intently, if others are the same as me that's possibly why the game comes across more as watching a chess match than big game. I still enjoy the contest but in a less gung-ho way.

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS will give his Tottenham players a four-day spring break in a bid to freshen up their quest for a Champions League spot.

The Portuguese coach revealed last night he has decided to allow his men some down time, whatever the result of their Europa League game in Basel tonight.

Stuttering Spurs have picked up just four points from their last four Premier League matches and qualifi cation for the Champions League is out of their hands, with six games to go.

They face an uphill task reaching the semi-fi nals of the Europa League, having drawn 2-2 against Basel at home a week ago and head into tonight’s second leg without Gareth Bale, Aaron Lennon, Jermain Defoe and William Gallas.

After tonight they do not play until Sunday week, with their crunch clash with Chelsea being postponed because of the Blues involvement in the FA Cup semi-finals this weekend.

“We have organised to give our players a break, so it’s a good opportunity for us to rest,” Villas-Boas said.

“It will also mean we have a big week to prepare for the Emirates Marketing Project game because we will return to training on Tuesday.”

Villas-Boas admitted it could be a gamble letting his stars have a holiday at such a crucial time of the season, as it is a change from their regular routine.

“It doesn’t mean, because we have a week to prepare, we are going to be fitter.”

Basel insist they are not worried about the appointment of Portuguese ref Olegario Benquerenca for tonight’s game.

He is a controversial figure at home and is known by Benfica fans as ‘The Thief’.

His nickname dates back to a 2004 game when he failed to give a goal despite the ball appearing to cross the line before Porto keeper Vitor Baia caught it. Jose
Mourinho was Porto coach and Villas-Boas his No.2.

Back