• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Rugby World Cup thread?

Gotta say, I know Farrell is the captain but after this performance from Ford I wouldn’t bring him back. Also, Farrell has a red and yellow cards in him with stupid tackles. This is the best England performance for a while, very disciplined - we become ill disciplined when Farrell is on the pitch.

Gotta say, I know Farrell is the captain but after this performance from Ford I wouldn’t bring him back. Also, Farrell has a red and yellow cards in him with stupid tackles. This is the best England performance for a while, very disciplined - we become ill disciplined when Farrell is on the pitch.
Sometimes you just fall on something by circumstance in the first games a tournament that just clicks - lineker and beardsley over hately and woodrooster in 86, gazza and platt over robson and webb in 90, scilatchi over vialli in 90 etc

They didn’t go how I thought it would. Pretty much flawless execution and some top notch efforts from the forwards and Ford.

Didn’t get a sniff of a try - but more than one way to skin a puma.

Bloody good point.

Its even worse. Ref's decision. Then 1st VAR decision. Then 2nd VAR decision 10 minutes later. What an absolute farce!
Disagree. 1st VAR is excellent, good communication, VERY sensible that a yellow card means 10 minutes on the bench (football could do that) and it also gives VAR 10 minutes to decide in a cold sensible light, whether it should be red. Perfect.

I don't mind the way they do the VAR, but the consistency thing still seems an issue. Very similar head-to-head clash in Scotland v South Africa today which didn't get anything.

Anyway, Wales Fiji has been a cracking game, shame the Welsh are winning mind you ;)

Wales absolutely whacked Australia.

Northern hemisphere dominated the southern sides in the pool games.

Unless there are real shocks. South Africa will play France and New Zealand will play Ireland in the quarters

So you could argue the southern hemisphere side with the best chance of making the semi final is Fiji- who will play England to get there.

Back