• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Rugby World Cup thread?

Currently on holiday in Thailand, watched it in an Irish bar, with a load of Kiwi’s and English!

I love Rugby, sometimes more than football. Owens is the best ref out there, especially on the breakdowns, but for me the TMO got the decision wrong on the second try, no way did that go forwards. The only other thing he missed was an obvious forward pass.

we battered the Kiwi’s today, they went into to game expecting to win....lets hope the scousers have the same attitude tomorrow.

I think two of them went to school in Wales and then moved to England. The lined get very blurred, which raised my question about qualification - at what point do you decide which nationality is relevant?

I guess one easy answer to that is land mass upon which they were born.
Or residency in a specific area of the UK - or England/Wales.
It's an interesting thought.

I always equate it to school School Britain: House England never have bought into this tribal brick the con men and gangsters sell to the great unwashed on these islands.

I always equate it to school School Britain: House England never have bought into this tribal brick the con men and gangsters sell to the great unwashed on these islands.
Depends entirely upon one's schooling, I suppose.

House rivalry puts all that handbags in Glasgow to shame in some schools.

I think two of them went to school in Wales and then moved to England. The lined get very blurred, which raised my question about qualification - at what point do you decide which nationality is relevant?

I guess one easy answer to that is land mass upon which they were born.
Or residency in a specific area of the UK - or England/Wales.
It's an interesting thought.

castle school and Harrow
That makes them more English than me

Depends entirely upon one's schooling, I suppose.

House rivalry puts all that handbags in Glasgow to shame in some schools.

Maybe but I believe we are greater than the sum of our parts, I can't understand that people believe things will be improved in their regions with local con men running things rather than London based con men.

Maybe but I believe we are greater than the sum of our parts, I can't understand that people believe things will be improved in their regions with local con men running things rather than London based con men.
I think the North/South divide should be literal.

Not a terrible idea. A security fence with fortifications and garrison towns at Cheltenham, Northampton and Peterborough. Keep the east anglian farmlands and let the Northerners have Wales.

As long as we can both be in the EU, of course.
Cheltenham is nice isn't it?
Let attacking forces destroy Peterborough and Northampton

This game is like watching Pulis v Big Fat Sam !!

The saffies are beasts, they are brutalising the daffodils

Just watched the match. I really want to like rugby, but I just can’t. I can enjoy some of the running and passing, but the kicking is so dull, and penalties seem to have a massively disproportionate impact on the game. One little innocuous penalty and you get to march 50 yards down the pitch or get a fairly easy 3 points.

Can anyone explain to me what I’m missing?

SA will be tough to beat next Saturday !!!
It will be interesting - SA definitely have enough to beat England's powerful containing game. But if England can get some ball in fwd's, I do think there is enough creativity to create some gaps in the SA defence and ask them questions they have not been asked yet.
If England get drawn into a purely physical battle though, I think SA will win enough penalties to win the game and shut England down.

Back