• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Agreed, I think a lot of this stuff is speculative at best.

I should say, I dont post it as fact or as if I believe every word, much like transfer speculation I tend to post it to prompt conversation.

Howe Im sure we are keeping tabs on, but Im also sure should be nowhere near our thinking at this time.

I also think £12m, if it comes to it, wont be a make or break factor in Levys decision.

Though if the pay out is of a concern, it would maybe lead Levy to getting in Mourinho/Allegri over others as they are free agents...

Tbh I didn't notice it was you that posted it.
There's that many of these floating about it difficult to keep track (or interest).
All quoting each other to generate a narrative, "its been reported", yeah by another rag trying to generate sales or clicks.
Agreed, I think a lot of this stuff is speculative at best.

I should say, I dont post it as fact or as if I believe every word, much like transfer speculation I tend to post it to prompt conversation.

Howe Im sure we are keeping tabs on, but Im also sure should be nowhere near our thinking at this time.

I also think £12m, if it comes to it, wont be a make or break factor in Levys decision.

Though if the pay out is of a concern, it would maybe lead Levy to getting in Mourinho/Allegri over others as they are free agents...

As for the cost of a free agent Jose over howe I would imagine the difference in wages would soon eat up any "savings'.

I think people talking about Jose being out of date need to look at someone like Ancelotti who has consitently moved forwards with the times.

Aside from this, it seems like these stories have been held on to until after the England games in order to not distract the focus from the national team. Had these stories been released at the start of the break, Kane would have spent every press conference dancing around these questions.

I think people talking about Jose being out of date need to look at someone like Ancelotti who has consitently moved forwards with the times.

Aside from this, it seems like these stories have been held on to until after the England games in order to not distract the focus from the national team. Had these stories been released at the start of the break, Kane would have spent every press conference dancing around these questions.

Literally as soon a England game finishes the press publish negative articles about us
That’s because they wanted these as “fresh”
Articles or news

Why wouldn't he be looking at Eddie Howe?

The big argument is that with the players we have right now, we need a manager who already has all the experience in Europe and working with top players.

Whoever replaces Poch has to be a statement of intent to both the footballing world and the players. If we get someone in the Allegri, Mourinho or Ancelotti category we are making a sideways step from Poch, some might argue a step up given those manager's records. Howe for all his qualities will represent a backwards step from Poch and for our top players, this might be enough to see some give up on us.

There are no guarantees with the first three names I said. Results might not improve immediately, but the players are more likely to trust that things will eventually come good with those manager's than with the largely untested one.

Was Poch ready when we employed him?

Different time, different situation, but yes (IMO).

Poch had SCBC punching well above their weight and a very "complete" side. Attacking and defending well, controlling games, and playing good football to boot.

And he was stepping up to a team a level or so above where SCBC were, with the potential to grow and develop in a big way.

And Id suggest his performance since suggests he was absolutely ready.

Howe?

Did wonderfully well to get Bournemouth to the Premiership and to stay there. And he has them, at times, playing some VERY attacking football that is great to watch. However, he has actually spent a fair few quid doing so, and has not yet managed to take them beyond being wildly inconsistent and weak a the back. That they cannot reliably defend is one of the main reasons I dont think he is ready for a club like ours, as it is essential we are top notch at both ends of the field - not just the pretty stuff.

We play them in a couple of weeks, and I made the point before - I could see them beating us 4-0, and I could equally see them lose to us 4-0. That inconsistency, that variance in results - thats the bit holding him back from being ready.

And lets be honest - thanks to Pochs good work - this is a very different club to be taking over than it was 5 years ago.

Its one of the reasons I think the talk of the like of Mourinho/Allegri/Ancelotti makes a lot of sense - we are a bigger fish these days.

Howe would be taking on a hell of a lot more than Poch did, and looks less prepared than Poch did, IMO.

Last edited:
If those three aren't better than poch why would we be looking at Eddie howe?
You've heard of Daniel Levy, no?

BVXSzi.gif

You've heard of Daniel Levy, no?

BVXSzi.gif

That being the case Mourinho and Allegri would each cost far less to bring in than Howe.

AND both know their way around the CL as well. Howe (I believe) has never managed a game in europe at all, would be something else he would need to learn on the go if we went for him.

So how is it a sideways step and not a step forward? In fact not just a step but a huge flaming leap?!

Because for all the brick that is going on right now, Poch has proven in the past that he is a top coach. He took us, Tottenham Hotspur to the Champions League final. He has taken a side that usually sat outside the top four to being a mainstay at the top table, all on a shoestring budget. We do not know how he would do with the resources those other names have had in their previous post's nor do we know if those coaches would've done as well as Poch in the situation he has found himself in these past couple of years.

He's been continuously linked with every top job in European football and when/if he leaves us will very likely be picked up within a year by another top club. He may very well be at the end of his timeline with Spurs, but that doesn't mean he's now become an awful coach.

FootballFanCast, and their very own super secret inside sources are now reporting we have contacted Mourinho's people to see if he is interested. Though apparently he isnt our first choice if we need to replace Poch.

Back