• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

I’ll let someone else tell me the net spend since Poch has been here, but i don’t suppose it’s that high... and by “that high”..I mean comparatively, not literally.

It’s about £100m
But not sure than takes into account LeCelso
CIty and United are about £650m and pool and arse about £450m

Always easy in retrospect
Still say that summer window no one went who was better than we had then ....
Massive arrogance on the clubs part if they truly believe there was no players out there good enough.
To be honest, I’m calling flimflam on that one - it’s just the PR line to cover the fact we wouldn’t pay the rates needed to buy the players who were good enough (and clearly do exist!)

I just want to post my thoughts on Poch staying or going. It may have been said already but I don’t have time to flick through.

In the summer Poch stated that the team needed a reboot. He was smart enough to realise certain players (the contract swervers) and some others were past their Spurs peak.

He has been proven right. This sort of thing cannot be fixed in one window (especially when only one of the new players has been properly available so far). It will be a slow, sometimes painful rebuild.

Are we now going to get rid of the person that rightly told us what was going to happen? He’s already mentioning January so he probably knows exactly where the problems lie.

Or are we going to undo 5 years of good work and take a punt on the next big thing from Europe?

I would like to see Poch stay, discard the problem players completely, find his loyal 10-15 who will give their all until January, and then try for some more reinforcements.

Do we really think a new manager is going to come in and reinvigorate these underperforming players at Spurs? Hugely unlikely. Therefore I’d like Poch to oversee the overhaul.

It’s about £100m
But not sure than takes into account LeCelso
CIty and United are about £650m and pool and arse about £450m
Cheers, and that’s kind of my point. I’m backing Poch, obviously he’s made some errors in several areas, but given our lot, don’t see anyone else who could do a better mid-long term, given the financial constraints. And as much as some people may not care or be sentimental, I will afford him some loyalty after how he has progressed us overall, as a club.

I just want to post my thoughts on Poch staying or going. It may have been said already but I don’t have time to flick through.

In the summer Poch stated that the team needed a reboot. He was smart enough to realise certain players (the contract swervers) and some others were past their Spurs peak.

He has been proven right. This sort of thing cannot be fixed in one window (especially when only one of the new players has been properly available so far). It will be a slow, sometimes painful rebuild.

Are we now going to get rid of the person that rightly told us what was going to happen? He’s already mentioning January so he probably knows exactly where the problems lie.

Or are we going to undo 5 years of good work and take a punt on the next big thing from Europe?

I would like to see Poch stay, discard the problem players completely, find his loyal 10-15 who will give their all until January, and then try for some more reinforcements.

Do we really think a new manager is going to come in and reinvigorate these underperforming players at Spurs? Hugely unlikely. Therefore I’d like Poch to oversee the overhaul.

Agree. As long as Poch's heart is still in it, which seems to be the case.

Massive arrogance on the clubs part if they truly believe there was no players out there good enough.
To be honest, I’m calling flimflam on that one - it’s just the PR line to cover the fact we wouldn’t pay the rates needed to buy the players who were good enough (and clearly do exist!)
Club never did

I'm betting it'll be Howe. I'd have reservations but he's the type of manager Levy would like. Not high profile enough to cause problems when the transfer budget isnt what he wants and he's done a great job at Bournemouth.
Doing well at a tiny club with no expectations is not at all the same as doing well at a club of our status.

Even Poch has yet to show that he's capable of fully making the step up, and he was by far the best of all the tiny club managers. He was a long, long way ahead of Howe when we poached him.

Back