• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

My post wasn’t that we didn’t spend this year.
It was that we left it all too late. Too late in terms of windows, and too late in terms of getting more deals done that window.

Too little too late basically!

Having sat on it for 3 windows previously, leaving is disastrously off the pace on recruitment, replacement and strengthening.

Point is, say Mourinho comes in - chances are there will be money available.

Same as if Poch could see his way ahead, would be there for him too

Having sat on it for 3 windows previously, leaving is disastrously off the pace on recruitment, replacement and strengthening.

I don’t think that’s fair at all, I think even now our squad is one of the strongest around.

Toby is obviously old but the rest of them should be in the best physical condition of their lives, we have two players for every slot who have put in runs of incredible form in the past.

There is no excuse for the current performance level, it can only be laziness or incompetence.

I don’t think that’s fair at all, I think even now our squad is one of the strongest around.

Toby is obviously old but the rest of them should be in the best physical condition of their lives, we have two players for every slot who have put in runs of incredible form in the past.

There is no excuse for the current performance level, it can only be laziness or incompetence.
It’s not fair to say we should have had the opportunity to have the squad bolstered 18 months ago rather than taking zero action?.... hmmmm, ok then.

My line at the time was that I couldn’t see how we could improve it with the available budget, looking at what we had to spend this year to make a marginal gain I think that line holds true.
I’ll not disagree, but I do think you are an extremely generous and forgiving fellow!

Having sat on it for 3 windows previously,leaving is disastrously off the pace onrecruitment, replacement and strengthening.

But Poch chose not to spend it so he is culpable

And should we have brought someone for the sake of it...

And the comment about buying late in the window

This summer we brought two in early and sent one off on loan that if we hadn’t brought him early and seen they were bringing in a load of of others loans we may not have done that

Made no difference on sessegnon a season he was injured and Le Celso was back at his club 18 days before we finally got a deal done (one that had to be a loan to buy because of how complex it was)....

So possibly we could have got Le Celso over the lien earlier but that wouldn’t have stopped his injury away with Argentina

But Poch chose not to spend it so he is culpable

And should we have bought someone for the sake of it...

And the comment about buying late in the window

This summer we bought two in early and sent one off on loan that if we hadn’t bought him early and seen they were bringing in a load of of others loans we may not have done that

Made no difference on sessegnon a season he was injured and Le Celso was back at his club 18 days before we finally got a deal done (one that had to be a loan to buy because of how complex it was)....

So possibly we could have got Le Celso over the lien earlier but that wouldn’t have stopped his injury away with Argentina
I’m not sure if you’re actually disagreeing, as everything your point out is supporting my original post really?...

I’m not sure if you’re actually disagreeing, as everything your point out is supporting my original post really?...

The issue is that we didn’t spend but didn’t want too as no one was deemed good enough

People claim Poch hasn’t been backed... he has As much as he has wanted

Similarly people say we didn’t buy early... see my post above

The issue is that we didn’t spend but didn’t want to as no one was deemed good enough
Cool. And on that point, surely we have to feel that was a massive mistake?

No one good enough??! I’d wager there’s no one bad enough out there at the moment!

I doubt we will know what is behind all this till it hits Sky Sports News
I think the roots cause is as someone said above - all the players thought Poch was leaving this summer, and have got bored, downed tools and/or mentally moved on already.

Back