• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thought Sherwood did a decent job in terms of results and performance on the whole. Am glad he's gone so don't have to listen to anymore unjustified nonsense written about him anymore - well thats probably wishful thinking, but not as much nonsense at least....

wait until the new manager has a win record worse than TS then it'll all kick off again.

"We're sitting in 7th, we should be top 4, blah, blah, blah....."

wait until the new manager has a win record worse than TS then it'll all kick off again.

"We're sitting in 7th, we should be top 4, blah, blah, blah....."

Well the new manager is quite likely to have a worse win ratio than TS, given that our best manager league finish wise had a lesser win ratio.

rafa_2505973b.jpg

[-o<

Get Frank De Boer in!

Come on in Maurio Pochettino. You know it makes sense, Levy!

:-k I get the feeling that the disappointment and arguments will be continuing into the new season... ;)

If I was Levy, I would string it out for a couple of weeks and see what May 24th brings. If Real Madrid lose that final then Ancelotti is gone, of that I have no doubt. Man Utd hopefully will have already appointed Van Gaal so it will be too late for them and we are a big name in a big league where Ancelotti is already familiar and probably quite open about returning to.

For me, the key thing is someone with experience of managing in this league and everything that it entails which is why I am not really in favour of De Boer. I also think that we would end up playing quite a slow, progressive, posession based game that doesn't really suit our style and will have the fans feeling a little like they did under AVB in terms of the very methodical way in which we play.

For that reason, I think I would go with Pochettino who has been in the league for 18 months, will play a style that suits what the fans want and I think can suit the players in the team as well. If we want a little more experience then Benitez would the man, with only 1 year left on his deal at Napoli. My only reservations with him is the style of play but I think he can get the team playing in a quicker manner than we have been.

So for me, hold out for Ancelotti and see what the CL final brings but if he is staying put then Pochettino or Benitez for me is the way forward and not De Boer.

If Madrid fail to win the CL and Man Utd decide to appoint LVG then we would have a massive chance of getting Ancelotti..... There have been numerous stories that Ancelotti would like to come back to manage in England again and a job at any of this seasons top four is pretty much impossible. I think it is immaterial anyway because I expect Real Madrid to win the CL, but in the event they don't Ancelotti ending up at Spurs is a very real possibility.

Ancelotti doesn't suit us at all.

His speciality is eeking extra miles out of old high-wage players. He's Redknapp but with integrity. He doesn't suit our buy young/cheap and sell at peak/high model whatsoever.

I do really rate him, but he's just not the type of manager to work within our constraints.

Italian media are reporting that Conte is about to leave Juve :eek: Spalletti, Donadoni, montella and mihalovic are leading candidates for his job...................so where is Conte going??:-k

His speciality is eeking extra miles out of old high-wage players. He's Redknapp but with integrity. He doesn't suit our buy young/cheap and sell at peak/high model whatsoever.

I do really rate him, but he's just not the type of manager to work within our constraints.
he did that at AC milan...........tell me where else he made that a policy?????

Totally disagree. You are basing that on his time with Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid which in the context of the variables you preach about, are completely not applicable to those teams. Since when do any of them actually bring players through really? Regardless of who is manager at those clubs, no one there can be judged on that buy young and cheap and sell on when at price ceiling.

At AC Milan he bought Kaka at around £7m at 20 and look what he turned into and was sold for? He converted Pirlo into the deep lying playmaker he is today. He also was responsible for Pato who did quite well for Milan and will no doubt come back to Europe at some point a much better player. He would no doubt have accelerated the likes of Abate and Paloschi into Milan's first team wereit not for the fact he had quite a settled and steady first team squad that was comprised of top class, at their peak, international players.

As for Redknapp with integrity........well the football we played under Redknapp was pretty good generally, it was more the person we were concerned about so Redknapp with integrity would be good but I feel that comment is disparaging about a world class manager.

he did that at AC milan...........tell me where else he made that a policy?????

Mainly Milan, but Chelsea, PSV and Madrid have all been about managing established players at their peaks. Juve were also heavily resourced during his time there.

He's the polar opposite from an organic growth approach of LVG, FDB, Poch etc.

Mainly Milan, but Chelsea, PSV and Madrid have all been about managing established players at their peaks. Juve were also heavily resourced during his time there.

He's the polar opposite from an organic growth approach of LVG, FDB, Poch etc.

He has never been at a club that works that structure or policy so why do you hold him to account for it?

He was managing all those clubd whilst they were at the forefront of their respecitive leagues and a force in Europe, what do you expect? Of course he is going to have a squad of proven internationals.

He has never been at a club that works that structure or policy so why do you hold him to account for it?

He was managing all those clubd whilst they were at the forefront of their respecitive leagues and a force in Europe, what do you expect? Of course he is going to have a squad of proven internationals.

But that's my point.

LVG by comparison has done things very differently at big clubs, which was why he was the standout candidate for us.

Would Scara and GB take AVB back? :)

Anyone Dutch with a three letter acronym is fine by me.
I don't think you should ever go back (as a rule in life).

In a parallel world I would though appoint him at this point in time based on his credentials. I think he'll go on to very big things in his career and probably end up at Barca one day.

And in truth both FBD and especially Poch are quite a bit like AVB 

When I look at the managers being linked if i'm honest with myself I cant say the majority over excite me at all

Lvg perfect wanted him for years and believe the system he uses was perfect no Charlie big spud players so again perfect very them against us attitude (shame he is no longer looking likely :( )

moyes :eek: lets just please not go there no really please don't pretty please with a cherry on top

Pochawotsit I just cant see what he has done to deserve a job such as spurs 10ths and 8ths won naff all done not much apart from getting a group of young players to like him and play ok so kinda meh for me he may be a great one day but may not why do we have to take that chance ?

Waffa benitez yep been here done it won some not awful and really peed that bunch down the road off but (and I know this is irrational) I just cant stand the bloke FACT 8-[

And then there is fun time Frankie de boer if we are going to take a risk on a manager this would be the one I would choose winner as a player winner as a youth coach winner as a manager yeah yeah I know its Ajax but it was a Ajax that had not one a title in 7 years
He has learned he's trade from the best about lvg and cruyff and he has adapted it in to he's own brand I like the guy the football is exciting and just imagine what it will be like with the quality of player that we have (ehem rose) ok most of them

I have supported spurs for near 40 years and lived spurs for most of them I did not want avb I most certainly did not want Sherwood (personal reasons ) and would like just for once under levy a manager with a true winning mentality that modern overpaid footballers can't argue with as he has already achieved more than them

Did not mean to waffle on new here just saying a proper hello ,let the kicking commence. :tumbleweed:

Back