• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just don't get why we are linked with Pochettino, a guy who has achieved nothing and speaks no/little English. OK Southampton were exciting but he had some great attacking players, but I'd rather stay with Sherwood. I don't like him but he is probably smart enough to learn from his mistakes. A Chelsea fan at work remarked on how passionate he is for the club....

He's probably not smart enough to tie his own shoelaces. Although it's not his idiocy that stops him learning, it's his unfounded arrogance.

What you may have read, and perhaps didn't grasp, is that its not always just a straight up choice of who's the better manager, in this case FDB or Sherwood. Obviously, FDB is much more successful and experienced, as no doubt are many others out there.

But what if FDB isn't their first choice? Suppose they want Rafa (or Ancellotti, or somebody else), but they can't get him til next year. Do you hire FDB on a long term deal now, and then fire him next year if a better manager (Rafa or whoever) is then available?

Yes, absolutely.

Would you refuse Bale this summer in case we got Ronaldo the following one? Sticking with an inferior manager to save a few quid (and it is just a few quid by football club standards) in a year's time when that better choice may not be available anyway? That's madness.

i think Levy will wait to see what happens with Ancellotti after the CL final. I definitely dont see a new boss being appointed until around the beginning of June anyway. Levy will take his time with this one.

i think Levy will wait to see what happens with Ancellotti after the CL final. I definitely dont see a new boss being appointed until around the beginning of June anyway. Levy will take his time with this one.

Ancellotti?! You genuinely think he'd be coming here?lol

I disagree. If we wait it will only be because we are waiting for FdB to come back from tour with Ajax.

We dont have a hope in hell of getting Ancelotti! The only reason we have a small chance with LVG is that this is probably his last job and he's said he wants to manage in teh PL before he retires. Therefore, if Man U dont appoint him, Spurs is his best bet

Ancelotti will go to Man U or another team which can give him piles of cash to spend - similar to Chelsea, PSG and Real.

The list of candidates isnt long and I hope Levy acts fast so that the players head off the world cup knowing they have a sensible manager to come back to

We dont have a hope in hell of getting Ancelotti! The only reason we have a small chance with LVG is that this is probably his last job and he's said he wants to manage in teh PL before he retires. Therefore, if Man U dont appoint him, Spurs is his best bet

Ancelotti will go to Man U or another team which can give him piles of cash to spend - similar to Chelsea, PSG and Real.

The list of candidates isnt long and I hope Levy acts fast so that the players head off the world cup knowing they have a sensible manager to come back to

LVG is going to Utd, this week apparently.....Ancelotti has already managed Chelsea, PSG, Real, AC milan, Juve........ Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project wont be changing managers. So what is left???????

He's probably not smart enough to tie his own shoelaces. Although it's not his idiocy that stops him learning, it's his unfounded arrogance.

Hmmmmm - Who is "smarter".... A man who has captained a side to the Premiership title, then after their playing career finished quickly worked their way up to head of the development squad at one of the biggest five clubs in England before a (semi caretaker) managerial role at the same club..... Or the man ****ging him off on the internet? ;)

If Madrid fail to win the CL and Man Utd decide to appoint LVG then we would have a massive chance of getting Ancelotti..... There have been numerous stories that Ancelotti would like to come back to manage in England again and a job at any of this seasons top four is pretty much impossible. I think it is immaterial anyway because I expect Real Madrid to win the CL, but in the event they don't Ancelotti ending up at Spurs is a very real possibility.

Hmmmmm - Who is "smarter".... A man who has captained a side to the Premiership title, then after their playing career finished quickly worked their way up to head of the development squad at one of the biggest five clubs in England before a (semi caretaker) managerial role at the same club..... Or the man ****ging him off on the internet? ;)

You or I could have stood behind SaS and taken home a premiership medal.

As for comparisons with me - that's a career choice rather than a measure of ability. Football is not a world I would ever want to work in - there's no way I could spend that amount of time around a group of footballers.

if he gets the sack, what other options are there for him???

There are a lot of clubs who would get rid of their managers if Ancelotti would agree to join them. Genuine top class established managers wont come to us anymore than players do. We go for up and coming talented players and managers, the real deal go to CL regulars. If you genuinely believe it could happen then good luck, I hope you're right but would just be a pipe dream....

I disagree. If we wait it will only be because we are waiting for FdB to come back from tour with Ajax.

If FdB is our preferred target then Baldini should be out there practically on tour with them. Baldini should be the first face he sees in the morning and the last face he sees before he goes to bed, like some strange Lovejoy faced stalker.

What you may have read, and perhaps didn't grasp, is that its not always just a straight up choice of who's the better manager, in this case FDB or Sherwood. Obviously, FDB is much more successful and experienced, as no doubt are many others out there.

But what if FDB isn't their first choice? Suppose they want Rafa (or Ancellotti, or somebody else), but they can't get him til next year. Do you hire FDB on a long term deal now, and then fire him next year if a better manager (Rafa or whoever) is then available?

How long do you wait? What do you do next summer if the first choice still isn't available and our current 2nd or 3rd choice has gone on to other clubs where they to are now unavailable?

Why not go for the best we can get at this point in time?

I would have no problems sacking a good manager to get a top class manager if someone like that became available a year or two down the line.

To be fair to Sherwood, if he had indeed lost the dressing room or the senior players, there is no way we'd have been seeing some of the performances and results we have seen recently. West Ham, Liverpool, Norwich, City and Chelsea aside there have largely been very industrious performances with lots of goals and good results. Even WHam, City and Chelsea games were mitigated by red cards and individual errors in particular situations.

Last game of the season, if they weren't playing for the manager there is no way we'd have seen the performance we did in the first half.

I don't think Sherwood is ready for this job long-term and I hate his attitude and personality, but let's be fair to the guy, other than some stupid public spats with players there is absolutely no evidence to suggest he has lost the dressing room in a big way.

Isn't the quote from Sherwood that's now in the thread title a pretty clear indication that he at the very least doesn't have the full respect of the dressing room?

The clinch between him and Sandro seemed pretty clear, and that there was a conflict there seemed clear from when Sandro tweeted about not being injured.

Most likely at least somewhat large portions of the squad have been happy enough to finish the season under Sherwood. But if you're using performances to support that he hasn't lost the dressing room, what then about the free kick turn from Paulinho and Adebayor for example? Were they fully motivated at that point? Probably not...

I think there's at least a chance that quite a few of the players have been playing more for themselves and their teammates fairly safe in the knowledge that Sherwood would be gone by the start of next season.

There are a lot of clubs who would get rid of their managers if Ancelotti would agree to join them. Genuine top class established managers wont come to us anymore than players do. We go for up and coming talented players and managers, the real deal go to CL regulars. If you genuinely believe it could happen then good luck, I hope you're right but would just be a pipe dream....

like who??would Liverpool sack Rodgers this summer??..would City say goodbye to Pellegrini after landing the title?? as ive said, he is not going to go back to previous clubs Chelsea, PSG, Real, AC, Juve. Are Bayern going to replace Pep with Ancelotti??. same with Klopp at Dortmund?? How many big jobs are there that would interest Ancelotti? I understand exactly what you are saying that we are not at that level to attract the likes of him, but we can at least try and who knows how he will respond

You or I could have stood behind SaS and taken home a premiership medal.

If you think a team can win the premiership just by virtue of having one fantastic striker alongside one decent one then you're definitely not very 'football' smart ;)

Look Scara, it's clear that you are an educated (and smart) chap. It's just your sometimes seemingly irrational hatred of our (soon to be former) manager has lead you to appear anything but recently.

Let's just hope our new manager can unite us all again. If truth be told I don't think we have had that united feeling as a group of fans since Martin Jol really. Redknapp could'v'e done it had he not put his desire to manage England over his professional duties as Spurs manager.

like who??would Liverpool sack Rodgers this summer??..would City say goodbye to Pellegrini after landing the title?? as ive said, he is not going to go back to previous clubs Chelsea, PSG, Real, AC, Juve. Are Bayern going to replace Pep with Ancelotti??. same with Klopp at Dortmund?? How many big jobs are there that would interest Ancelotti? I understand exactly what you are saying that we are not at that level to attract the likes of him, but we can at least try and who knows how he will respond

I can't tell you what clubs will go in for him, but there will plenty who would consider him better than what they have. Sure we can try, but hopefully not at the detriment of genuinely achieveable targets....

Back