• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eh, since when? And how come?

Before this season I'd hardly heard of Salzburg, what has suddenly made them better than Ajax, especially considering that they are in the Austrian league, which surely is not as good/competitive than the Dutch?

They're the Austrian MK Dons but owned by a corporation. Most disgusting team in Europe worse than PSG or Monaco even.

Netherlands are 6 places above Austria in the UEFA rankings, but that's down to their good 10-11 and 11-12 seasons. Once the points earned from those are gone the gap will close fast.

I think we'll see Russia and Ukraine cement themselves as the 7th and 8th best league (in terms of European performances) and beyond that it's much of a muchness.

If he would come and we are adament that we must change our manager, we would be verging on insane to go for anyone else. Jamie's right Rafa is a proven winner in multiple leagues, but most importantly this league, he has consistently demonstrated the ability to tactically outsmart some of the top coaches in Europe.

If he would come he is as clear a first choice as you could want.

Get Rafa in for ****s sake. Sick of us being such a naive outfit. A proper winner, a proper manager who can go toe-to-toe with any coach around.

Just thinking about the strengths in our squad makes me think we'd be crazy to go for anyone but FDB.

Players who would thrive under FDB:
Eriksen, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Siggurdson, Bentaleb, Holtby, Townsend, Dembele, Chadli, Soldado, Carroll, Pritchard

Players who may struggle:
Paulinho, Lennon, Dawson, Kaboul

It would be interesting to see how he would use players like Sandro, Capoue, and Soldado, as well as how he would help develop the likes of Carroll, Pritchard, Bentaleb, Townsend, Holtby, and Sigg.

However, I'm not sure if Ade, Pauls, Lennon, Dawson, Kaboul, or Rose would have a future here if FDB came.

That's quite a strong statement; can you tell us more?

Typical flooding the club with money, but with added changing the name of the club and the colours of the club. All as a corporate branding exercise.

Imagine turning up next season to see us as coca cola hotspurs in a red kit.

So, if Guardiola ditches Bayern and comes to ManU, what's the pecking order for the Dutch duo? Would we be next on his list after United? Is de Boer's comprehensive, long-term outlook preferable to van Gaal's win-at-once approach?

Five more hours, and the Dutch season is over. Could we hire FdB tonight already??

It would be a real statement of intent if we could sack Tim now and have FdB in for the last game. For the players as much as for the fans.

I would love it, just love it...

Would you guys really be happy for Benny ****in Hill? I wouldnt. Urgh.

He would never be the guy to turn around this club ie in terms of youth and structure. You may argue that Baldini is there for that but its called working in tandem and Benny would not be that guy.

I want FDB and I am not interested in anyone else WHO IS AVAILABLE.

I have to say all these quotes from FDB/FDB's camp at tis time before the season's ended (especially the one where he wants to have control over the way all the different levels of teams play at the club) makes me wonder if it can be really translated as : "Barca, come and get me! You know it makes sense.."

Me paranoid? No....8-[

I was thinking exactly the same thing, FDB has not exactly been discreet of late, maybe that's OK in 2014, but to my middle aged mind he's not behaved well.

It would be a real statement of intent if we could sack Tim now and have FdB in for the last game. For the players as much as for the fans.

I would love it, just love it...

I would so love it if we sacked Tim tonight. It would wipe that smug grin off his face and give the fans and players such a boost. What a way to end the the season on a high with a new manager installed and a thumping win over Villa in front of our home fans. What a way to give hope and promise for the new season ahead.

Of course, being Spurs, it will never happen. We will no doubt have a drawn out festering summer with Dim Tim "still" not sacked until a few weeks before the season starts and by that time, no suitable candidate available, meaning we make a panic appointment of a 5th or 6th choice.

We are Spurs. This is how we do things.

Would you guys really be happy for Benny ****in Hill? I wouldnt. Urgh.

He would never be the guy to turn around this club ie in terms of youth and structure. You may argue that Baldini is there for that but its called working in tandem and Benny would not be that guy.

I want FDB and I am not interested in anyone else WHO IS AVAILABLE.

Exactly, massively surprised by the amount of support for Benitez, it was not so long ago when we were all ripping him to shreds for being an extremely negative manager that lacked class. His teams are dour and utterly painful to watch. Seems it's all about the destination and not the journey these days.

I want FDB, failing that, Pochettino.

I assume because people are sick of going for the next best thing with regards to managers and fixating on style of play over substance and trophies and starting to consider a manager who has won trophies at most of the clubs he has been at.

I assume because people are sick of going for the next best thing with regards to managers and fixating on style of play over substance and trophies and starting to consider a manager who has won trophies at most of the clubs he has been at.

Wasnt that supposed to be AVB?

AVB wasnt hired for his style of play

Absolutely. I think we would appreciate finally having some defensive solidity, shape and philosophy, even if it isn't the prettiest the world has ever seen.

You can turn the argument round and question the validity of arguments in favour of Pochettino who, in all honestly, has achieved fuuck all in his extremely brief career. We need to minimise the risk with out next appointment after the awful results for the previous one (two if we include Tim).

and thats why people on here make me laugh when they want anyone else but Tim. Its not about anyone else... its about the right man. I seriously have had enough of chopping and changing thats why if it aint TS then id have FDB but no one else really tantalises me.

Wasnt that supposed to be AVB?

AVB wasnt hired for his style of play

AVB was the manager who's won trophies at most of the clubs he's been at?

I supported AVB till the end but AVB won trophies at 1 club, where he had the best team and most money in the league. He was one of the young, next best things, rather than a steady winner like Benitez.

He's one end of the spectrum, the Martinez, Rodgers, Pochettino spectrum, young managers with a system and hired by clubs as part of a long term plan.

Benitez, LVG etc are the other end.

Back