• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Thats the thing though, we aren't to know what he has said to them. He could well have said long term because of your age you aren't in my plans after this season and then all the crap could have started leaving him little option but to try and call the shots.

As he was at the club from 2004-2007, I would think he knows just how much power that trio hold and probably thought the only way he could be successful and make it "his" team was to have a clean sweep from previous regimes, especially the Mourinho one and I fully understand that.

The Alex issue was a strange one I admit, especially with the problems they have had in central defence thus far but it could just be he doesn't rate him. Anelka, he had a year left, probably got a bit miffed over not getting another contract and could well have escalated dressing room issues had he stayed.

I think it would be a joke if Abramovich sacked him less than a year after putting him in charge. He deserves a chance bring in some of his own players and to get rid of the older players, plus the ones who are not good enough...... ahem David Luiz, Bosingwa. What would be the point of paying 15 million or whatever he paid to get him, then sack him less than a year later?

I think it would be a joke if Abramovich sacked him less than a year after putting him in charge. He deserves a chance bring in some of his own players and to get rid of the older players, plus the ones who are not good enough...... ahem David Luiz, Bosingwa. What would be the point of paying 15 million or whatever he paid to get him, then sack him less than a year later?

I agree, it would be a stupid decision but don't forget, Abramovich does have a history of questionable decisions. IMO Ancelotti should never have been sacked anyway.

I think he likes Luiz, obviously he would have seen alot of him during the Portuguese season. I think potentially he is a decent player but he certainly needs to calm down and grow into his football. Bosingwa will im sure again be someone he rates due to the Portuguese connection but as he is from a failed regime (Scolari), he may well consider him expendable which is no great loss.

I actually am not a fan of AVB the person, I think he is incredibly bland and seems to be deliberately opposite to Mourinho because of the media spotlight on their history together. I do however think he could be a good manager if he is given the time to deal with the problems I mentioned in previous responses. Whether he is afforded that time, only one man knows.

Real Madrid do play good football MOST OF THE TIME, it's just when they play Barca they change their style of football from total football to total thuggery. If things go according to plan, we'll be playing Champions League football again next season. Lets say we draw Barca in the group stages, would you be happy if we adopt the same thuggish behaviour against them and we STILL LOSE? The antics of his players and Mourinho himself are downright embarassing sometimes.

That's why some fans don't want him at Spurs in my opinion.
I think you are blowing this 'thuggery' thing out of proportion.

It is arguably the most fierce rivalry in the world and is certainly contested by the best 2 teams on the planet. Both teams are absolute filth in this game, yet Barca are lauded as the kings of football, even though they are total scum against Madrid (maybe not playing style, but in their attitude to the ref, their play acting, their time wasting and their fixation with winding up every Madrid player instead of concentrating on football). Both teams play great football 'most of the time', no team can do it all of the time and tbh watching Barca can be incredibly boring, they can kill a game off by passing it around for 5 or 10 minute spells without really attacking the goal.

It isn't even like Madrid play brick football throughout these games. Mourinho knows you can't press Barca high up the pitch all game and be likely to win, they can't be out-Barca'ed. But in the last few clasicos he has instructed his players to press in waves, and it was one such wave at the start of the first half in the league game at the Bernabeu that got them in front. In that first half Madrid were extremely impressive and played some wonderful football. Sure they defend deep at times, but it is in an attempt to draw the defence up the pitch to hit them with the most lethal counter-attack in the world.

The only reason Barca never lose to Madrid imo is that they always give 100% against Madrid, and it is almost impossible to beat Barca at 100%. Madrid have absolutely steamrollered everyone this year apart from them.

It is arguably the most fierce rivalry in the world and is certainly contested by the best 2 teams on the planet. Both teams are absolute filth in this game, yet Barca are lauded as the kings of football, even though they are total scum against Madrid (maybe not playing style, but in their attitude to the ref, their play acting, their time wasting and their fixation with winding up every Madrid player instead of concentrating on football). Both teams play great football 'most of the time', no team can do it all of the time and tbh watching Barca can be incredibly boring, they can kill a game off by passing it around for 5 or 10 minute spells without really attacking the goal.

It isn't even like Madrid play brick football throughout these games. Mourinho knows you can't press Barca high up the pitch all game and be likely to win, they can't be out-Barca'ed. But in the last few clasicos he has instructed his players to press in waves, and it was one such wave at the start of the first half in the league game at the Bernabeu that got them in front. In that first half Madrid were extremely impressive and played some wonderful football. Sure they defend deep at times, but it is in an attempt to draw the defence up the pitch to hit them with the most lethal counter-attack in the world.

The only reason Barca never lose to Madrid imo is that they always give 100% against Madrid, and it is almost impossible to beat Barca at 100%. Madrid have absolutely steamrollered everyone this year apart from them.

If you take Pepe out of the picture then you may be right that both teams are as guilty as each other. If seems to me that in the last few classico's Madrid have played excellently but not scored and then Barca have gone up the other end and banged a few in, sometimes against the run of play. I get the impression that it's at that point that Madrid loose their cool.

I find it amazing that there are some people that don't want Mourinho. He's a proven winner, his teams are well organised, and they do play good football for all the stats that have been mentioned previously. Every single successful team has a proven defence. This does not make the team boring!

I don't know whether it occurred to anyone else, but it did actually cross my mind at one stage that Abramovich might have had his fingers in the situation between Capello and the FA somehow, given that Terry's captaincy was the ostensible catalyst for it. Somewhat out of the blue, Capello walks, England go for Redknapp, Spurs are destabilised, and springtime comes early for Chelsea as a result—was that supposed to be the script? Probably too fanciful, but then again...

No I dont. I expect maybe Barca, Madrid, Man U, Mila etc to have a pole with mixed results, but fuking us ? LOL. Who the fuk do our supporters think we are ? As I said, no wonder we get laughed at when people say noo to Mourinho and yes to Brendan fuking Rogers.

what sort of stupid arse comment is that ?

Mourinhio is a great manager so you are an idiot if you don't want him here - seems to be the scope of your point, feel free to correct me if im wrong

who do I think we are ? THFC, the club i love, a club that tries to do things the right way in a respectable and stylish fashion. for me there are more important things than just winning, like having a manager who i respect and admire rather than a guy like Mourinhio who without exception has tinkled off the majority of people everywhere he has been. the guys an egomaniac - something which i cannot stand. these are my reasons for not wanting him as manager - i don't change my views just because we have a chance of winning something

there are many people who don't like Jose the person and there are many fans of other clubs that would vote accordingly in similar polls, 'lesser' clubs than us included - so id say your notion that people would be laughing at us - supporters, because a tiny percentage of us do not want him here (for whatever personal reason they have) is way off the mark - more likely would be that people are laughing at us for thinking we have a chance of getting him

Last edited:

No I'm really not blowing it out of proportion. It's not just Pepe treading on Messi's hands, kicking lumps out of every Barca player and then acting like he's been shot when HE gets fouled, it's Carvalho one of the dirtiest defenders I've ever seen getting away with murder, Ramos doing the same (how many red cards has he received in his career?). The ironic thing is, they stand a better chance of getting a result against them if they just tried to play football like they did at the Nou Camp in the copa del rey, they were the better team in that game. I was so glad when Barca tore them a new arsehole last season at the Nou Camp. That 5-0 win was one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen! No matter how good you are though, you can't win the league every season even if you are the best team. Madrid will win it this year, but I'd put money on Barca winning it next season.

Just for the record, I know that he is the best choice to replace Redknapp if he goes, but some of the main critiques of Redknapp are that he's a media fluffy bunnies cuddling and a merceranary who never sticks around for long. I guess it's fine for Mourinho to be those things.

Mourinhio is a great manager so you are an idiot if you don't want him here - seems to be the scope of your point, feel free to correct me if im wrong

who do I think we are ? THFC, the club i love, a club that tries to do things the right way in a respectable and stylish fashion. for me there are more important things than just winning, like having a manager who i respect and admire rather than a guy like Mourinhio who without exception has tinkled off the majority of people everywhere he has been. the guys an egomaniac - something which i cannot stand. these are my reasons for not wanting him as manager - i don't change my views just because we have a chance of winning something

there are many people who don't like Jose the person and there are many fans of other clubs that would vote accordingly in similar polls, 'lesser' clubs than us included - so id say your notion that people would be laughing at us - supporters, because a tiny percentage of us do not want him here (for whatever personal reason they have) is way off the mark - more likely would be that people are laughing at us for thinking we have a chance of getting him

This

Grab a diary, a calendar, heck fudging ask someone that is not you...... The year is 2012, welcome to it.

The Harry vote was 50/50 amongst GloryGlory members.

And we IMO were open to much more ridcule with him than we are ever likely to get with Mourinho.

I think Mourinho would be lucky to be at a club like ours - he should be fudgein crawling over hot coal and broken glass to manage our great club.

From SC:

Originally Posted by Lucky22:

I'm not saying that I wouldn't be happy if he came to WHL - I'm just saying that it is unrealistic!

To which Top ITK JJetset responded:

Maybe, maybe not it seems.....

Why would it be unrealistic?

He joins us for three years we win everything then he fudges off to Utd and I can die a happy man having watched my team spunk over all of Europe.

Back