• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
There were 3 names that really stood out of the pack. Mourinho, Ancelotti and Hiddink. Of those only Mourinho might be available and he's so easily the best possible option it's almost unreal.

If we can't get him, and Harry leaves there are a bunch of possible managers that could be good. All of them are risky in one way or another.

I don't think Levy will go for AVB, not his style to go for someone who just failed somewhere else I think.

There were 3 names that really stood out of the pack. Mourinho, Ancelotti and Hiddink. Of those only Mourinho might be available and he's so easily the best possible option it's almost unreal.

If we can't get him, and Harry leaves there are a bunch of possible managers that could be good. All of them are risky in one way or another.

I don't think Levy will go for AVB, not his style to go for someone who just failed somewhere else I think.

I agree that those are the 3 and those were the 3 that would have softened the blow of losing Redknapp given their standing by comparison to Harry in worldwide football.

Obviously Hiddink is out of the question now but Ancelotti is still an option. I think it was an 18 month/30 month contract he signed and wouldn't be too costly to get him I don't think. Just a question of whether he would want to come now having commited to PSG in the first place.

I still think the first choice has to be Mourinho and if not then Ancelotti. If not either of those then I really don't know who we are going for because we really do need to make sure this appointment has the neccessary clout to attract players as well as keep those still here interested in staying.

I have a funny feeling the 5 that have said no to Mourinho (no wonder we get laughed at) actually want Brendan Rogers instead lol, I'm right arent I ?

do you think every other club's forum would come back with a 100% result for this type poll then ?

Mourinho would be great at spurs, as long as someone leveled with him about how we could spend so he didn't throw the toys out the pram when he realised we can compete but not go Emirates Marketing Project mental on player purchases

I think AVB has obviously made mistakes and they have been highlighted given the coverage of his club and league itself. However, He has found himself at a club that has been in need of, certainly for the last 3 windows, a bit of an overhaul of playing style and personnel.

Chelsea have employed a rigid system of 433 since 2004 where Drogba has been the fulcrum. They have payed a British record for Fernando Torres who is really supposed to be the no.1 forward at the club and future yet the system that the whole squad have been used is not one that supports Torres playing style.

Normally you would say well the club shouldn't adapt, the player should but alot of the players who have been part of that rigid system are coming to an end now and more work should have been done gradually to phase some of those players out like Ferriera, Mikel, Kalou which had it been done before AVB's arrival, would have allowed him to purchase players for the squad more suited to a flexible way of playing as opposed to the players from the old guard who clearly only feel comfortable playing the one system.

Then there is the transfer fee. You cannot spend ?ú50m on a forward and then dismiss him as a flop without trying everything to make him and the team a success. If hye was a ?ú5m signing then maybe you would cut your losses but the Torres deal has to be made to work, at least to an extent over the coming seasons.

He has also had to contend with the trio of personalities -Terry, Lampard and Drogba who obviously wield far too much influence on everything from formation to what teabags are used at the training ground. All in all, what he is being tasked to do is a pretty substantial job and is picking up the pieces from previous regimes that have failed to deal with the squad turnover for a number of reasons from bad purchases to having a manager wrongly removed from his post causing a job to be half finished.

I personally wouldn't want AVB at spurs but I do believe he would do a decent job here purely because it is much less of a job outside the standard issues of managing a big club by comparison to the numerous issues at Chelsea.

I would want Mourinho because it would give us the wow factor, a chance of recruiting players who will play for Mourinho because of who he is, a point that isn't going to be considered by many players with Redknapp. He will also get players really feeling the club and make them believe they are priveleged to be here. All in my opinion of course but I simply feel if we have a chance of getting him then we must go for it.

I agree some of the players haven't exactly made it easy for him. I know Abramovich never speaks, but it is clear that this young manager could do with some backing publicly, even if he's lying. It's obvious that there is going to be a big turnover when it comes to players coming in and out in the next few years at Chelsea, but did AVB really need to alieniate Lampard, Anelka and Alex? He might as well have just said to them, you're not in my long term plans, but I really need you for this season and right now, your still a valuable member of the squad. He doesn't seem to care too much when it comes to getting along with the players, which isn't always a bad thing, but he's a young manager who hasn't really achieved much so I can see why some of their players think why should I listen to him?

Not sure where to dump this, but thought this thread was probably the best place (from ESPN SoccerNet):
Rafa Benitez will agree to take over the Chelsea job if he is offered it as an immediate replacement for under-fire Andre Villas-Boas, according to ESPNsoccernet sources.

Villas-Boas is facing a crucial few days at Stamford Bridge as his future has been the subject of much speculation and the former Liverpool boss is apparently seen as the coach to reignite the goalscoring flames of ?ú50 million flop striker Fernando Torres, but also to glue together a dressing room that appears to be falling further apart by the day.

The Portuguese's condemnation of Torres in a recent interview - he talked about the Spaniard in the same terms as flops Andriy Shechenko and Mateja Kezman - has hurt the hierarchy at the club all the way up to Roman Abramovich.

"We have been through the Torres situation before with Shevchenko and Kezman," Villas-Boas told Portuguese radio station TSF this week. "We continue to work on his motivation, his specific movements on the field and his trust. There is only one atmosphere which will make him regain his trust, and that is a competitive atmosphere."

Those comments have been the catalyst, according to ESPNsoccernet sources, for Abramovich to seriously look at replacing Villas-Boas, on top of the revolt of some senior players such as Frank Lampard and the disharmony created within the West London club.

Abramovich (said to be deliberating deeply about what to do next) might have to decide, perhaps as early as the next 48 hours, whether he needs a coach of vast experience to rescue the season, just as Guus Hiddink did when Big Phil Scolari was sacked midway through his first season in charge of Chelsea.

Following the crushing 3-1 defeat to Napoli, the Chelsea owner faces the daunting prospect of failing to make the top four and missing out on the Champions League next season, an option that he would find unacceptable.

Back in 2004, it was known that Claudio Ranieri was going to be replaced by Jose Mourinho before a vital Champions League tie in Monaco, and history might be repeating itself as a decision over Benitez might even be taken before next week's must-win return leg.

Benitez has not worked since leaving Inter Milan after a six-month spell at the end of 2010 and his agent has openly suggested the Spaniard's desire to return to work in England, where options are limited at the highest level.

Manuel Garcia Quilon has recently said Chelsea had not been in touch, but he hinted that Benitez would be most definitely interested.

Benitez led Liverpool to Champions League and FA Cup glory and Valencia to two La Liga titles, and the feeling is that he would have more chance of turning around the Napoli deficit in the Champions League and galvanising the team to finish fourth than AVB as the Abramovich camp agonise over what to do next, possibly even before the weekend.

So if Broman does decide to axe AVB and install Benitez, would Rafa want to accept the job only under condition of managing next season, or would he simply be a caretaker until the end of the season like Hiddink?

Not sure where to dump this, but thought this thread was probably the best place (from ESPN SoccerNet):

So if Broman does decide to axe AVB and install Benitez, would Rafa want to accept the job only under condition of managing next season, or would he simply be a caretaker until the end of the season like Hiddink?

Hope this is true. I don't want Benitez anywhere near Spurs.

do you think every other club's forum would come back with a 100% result for this type poll then ?

No I dont. I expect maybe Barca, Madrid, Man U, Mila etc to have a pole with mixed results, but fuking us ? LOL. Who the fuk do our supporters think we are ? As I said, no wonder we get laughed at when people say noo to Mourinho and yes to Brendan fuking Rogers.

No I dont. I expect maybe Barca, Madrid, Man U, Mila etc to have a pole with mixed results, but fuking us ? LOL. Who the fuk do our supporters think we are ? As I said, no wonder we get laughed at when people say noo to Mourinho and yes to Brendan fuking Rogers.

Wriggly, it has nothing to do with his managerial skills. He is clearly in the top 2 managers in world football, the sky is the limit in terms of where he will finish in the all time list. But some people don't like his style of football, understandable. Some of his antics both on and off the pitch are embarassing also. I've recently done a U-turn and decided he is the best possible choice to replace Redknapp should he go, despite my feeling about his Madrid side's style of football.

Wriggly what I'd like to know is whether you'd like to retract your flimflam disgraceful comments about Dawson during the Stevenage game when they were revealed to blatantly be total gonad*s after the diabolical performance against the goons, most of which consisted of hoofball sans Dawson until the very end of the match. Your slating of Dawson was a disgrace for a supposed spurs fan considering he was one of the key players in us getting our first ever cl qualification, not that this should disqualify him from any criticism, just from the unqualified barrage of hate based on flimflam that you spouted before and during that game. Support the club yes, but support the players and the managers also, otherwise what the fudge are you, coz you sure as fudge ain't a fan/supporter!

Wriggly what I'd like to know is whether you'd like to retract your flimflam disgraceful comments about Dawson during the Stevenage game when they were revealed to blatantly be total gonad*s after the diabolical performance against the goons, most of which consisted of hoofball sans Dawson until the very end of the match. Your slating of Dawson was a disgrace for a supposed spurs fan considering he was one of the key players in us getting our first ever cl qualification, not that this should disqualify him from any criticism, just from the unqualified barrage of hate based on flimflam that you spouted before and during that game. Support the club yes, but support the players and the managers also, otherwise what the fudge are you, coz you sure as fudge ain't a fan/supporter!

:lol:

Wriggly, it has nothing to do with his managerial skills. He is clearly in the top 2 managers in world football, the sky is the limit in terms of where he will finish in the all time list. But some people don't like his style of football, understandable. Some of his antics both on and off the pitch are embarassing also. I've recently done a U-turn and decided he is the best possible choice to replace Redknapp should he go, despite my feeling about his Madrid side's style of football.

Have you actually seen them play against teams other than Barca? I reckon we would play good football if he became manager..

I see you managed to side step the issues he raised, like hypocrites like you always manage to do. You spend more time belitling our players and fans than you do anything else on here.

And then you have the nerve to talk about other fans laughing.......well if you give so much of a f#ck about them, then maybe you should stop posting so much bullsh#t on here (like your pathetic anti Dawson fetish). People like you are giving other fans way more ammunition, than some people saying they do not like Mourhino.

*sits back and waits for smiley response*

Have you actually seen them play against teams other than Barca? I reckon we would play good football if he became manager..

They have scored 118 (one hundred and eighteen) goals so far this season (around 15-20 game left to play, mind you) (all comps) and on course to smash all of their goal-scoring ALL TIME records. The myth about Mourinho's 'boring' football is exactly that

Last edited:
Just saw a pic taken yesterday of Capello and his wife enjoying some shopping time in London.

made me think, is it possible he could be a candidate for the Tottenham job? is Levy attracted by the thought of re-uniting Capello and Franco Baldini with Baldini as our sporting director??

Finally Levy would have a dream scenario where the sporting director ( a role that Levy believes in) is able to work very closely and without hassle with the manager as these two are good friends

I see you managed to side step the issues he raised, like hypocrites like you always manage to do. You spend more time belitling our players and fans than you do anything else on here.

And then you have the nerve to talk about other fans laughing.......well if you give so much of a f#ck about them, then maybe you should stop posting so much bullsh#t on here (like your pathetic anti Dawson fetish). People like you are giving other fans way more ammunition, than some people saying they do not like Mourhino.

*sits back and waits for smiley response*

:lol:

Just saw a pic taken yesterday of Capello and his wife enjoying some shopping time in London.

made me think, is it possible he could be a candidate for the Tottenham job? is Levy attracted by the thought of re-uniting Capello and Franco Baldini with Baldini as our sporting director??

Finally Levy would have a dream scenario where the sporting director ( a role that Levy believes in) is able to work very closely and without hassle with the manager as these two are good friends
And there are people who (I'd say wrongly) think Mourninho's sides play boring football..... Bloody hell, imagine Capello at the helm.

I agree some of the players haven't exactly made it easy for him. I know Abramovich never speaks, but it is clear that this young manager could do with some backing publicly, even if he's lying. It's obvious that there is going to be a big turnover when it comes to players coming in and out in the next few years at Chelsea, but did AVB really need to alieniate Lampard, Anelka and Alex? He might as well have just said to them, you're not in my long term plans, but I really need you for this season and right now, your still a valuable member of the squad. He doesn't seem to care too much when it comes to getting along with the players, which isn't always a bad thing, but he's a young manager who hasn't really achieved much so I can see why some of their players think why should I listen to him?

Thats the thing though, we aren't to know what he has said to them. He could well have said long term because of your age you aren't in my plans after this season and then all the crap could have started leaving him little option but to try and call the shots.

As he was at the club from 2004-2007, I would think he knows just how much power that trio hold and probably thought the only way he could be successful and make it "his" team was to have a clean sweep from previous regimes, especially the Mourinho one and I fully understand that.

The Alex issue was a strange one I admit, especially with the problems they have had in central defence thus far but it could just be he doesn't rate him. Anelka, he had a year left, probably got a bit miffed over not getting another contract and could well have escalated dressing room issues had he stayed.

Real Madrid do play good football MOST OF THE TIME, it's just when they play Barca they change their style of football from total football to total thuggery. If things go according to plan, we'll be playing Champions League football again next season. Lets say we draw Barca in the group stages, would you be happy if we adopt the same thuggish behaviour against them and we STILL LOSE? The antics of his players and Mourinho himself are downright embarassing sometimes.

That's why some fans don't want him at Spurs in my opinion.

Back