• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
ebspurs on COYS:

Avb chose his company car today...not at all happy with this appointment... Hope he proves me wrong

ebspurs on COYS:

Avb chose his company car today...not at all happy with this appointment... Hope he proves me wrong

company car????? for a supposed lover of motors, he will drive around in a company car????

sad

sack him already

Which is the part that makes this completely unreliable.
what, the ITK???

No, i was referring to AVB, and i was kidding just because i would have expected AVB to drive something a bit more non conformist ;)

BA505003A987B72A1684CC6A4B826B15

I understand the upside that AVB can bring if he actually works out but imo the risk isn't necessary. Moyes reminds me of the same situation when we hired Redknapp the same things were being said of him. Never did it at a big club, will he play football the Spurs way, what will he do with a proper transfer budget etc.. We have such a good squad right now we don't need a radical change which AVB would definitely bring in terms of system and how he conducts himself.

On here and twitter it seems the majority want to bring in AVB and while I would definintely get behind him if we took him on I think it COULD end up being a Ramos pt.2 debacle.

I get your point on the similar rhetoric but with respect I don't think the club is even close to being in the same situation. Redknapp was hired when we were flirting with relegation, and obviously far exceeded his brief, whereas now we're perennial CL hopefuls. Another 'steady hand' won't progress us into CL regulars hence the willingness to take a risk on AVB or Martinez in the hope that they will be the next thing.
Anyway how boring would it be to have Moyes as manager. Spurs don't do boring.

Surely Daniel's not going to pull the ultimate rabbit out of the hat is he????

You know...I'm not so sure Guardiola would necessarily be as good an appointment as it might appear on the surface.

Sure, he oversaw arguably the greatest team ever, but there's a few key points to consider.

Firstly, he's only ever worked with one club, who's star players already have the style and philosophy he wanted to implement running through their blood since childhood. It's far harder to teach a set of players to play tika-taka if they're in their 20s and 30s. Secondly, he inherited a phenomenal team at Barca. Sure, he made changes and got them to perform, but I think he'd be in for a big shock if he tried to play similar tactics but with Defoe, Huddlestone and Lennon as he did with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. He'd command huge respect in the dressing room, but it remains to be seen what he can do when outside his comfort zone.

Thirdly, his record in the transfer market is patchy at best. Sanchez, Villa, Fabregas, Alves, Mascherano etc are all very good players but they were very high profile when he signed them for huge amounts of money. His four seasons there saw him also waste huge amounts of money on the likes of Ibrahimovic, Hleb and Keirrison. Now you can argue that in the continental style he doesn't have autonomy over the transfers and has to make glamour signings to appease the fans, but still, he is largely unproven in this area of management, especially as all of his best players came through the Barca youth team. And if he looked to the Spurs youth team hoping to find another Pedro/Busquets, he'd have another thing coming based on the last 10-15 years.

Really dont know Nayim, but at the end of the day who does I suppose. Wouldnt have minded finding out though. All pie in the sky at the end of the day, not really going to happen.

Thats fair enough.

I just wonder how good a manager he would be without the tools at Barcas disposal. Dont forget, most of their academy lads have better composure/ball skills than our first team!

what, the ITK???

No, i was referring to AVB, and i was kidding just because i would have expected AVB to drive something a bit more non conformist ;)

Since AVB supposedly collects sports cars, the thought of him in a company car didn't fit. Unless it's for the missus.

The guy that told me doesn't even know what "ITK" means

He doesn't even have a facebook account, let alone regular access to internet forums

Like I said, I'll post the background when he texts me back

Right I've just spoken to my mate

He doesn't even know the blokes name, only that he works for a sports journalism company

They were watching the England vs Sweden game when he told him

I've asked him to ring his mate and get the name of the company

I'll post it when he calls me back!

Back