• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
He wont leave madrid till he wins the euro cup there, sadly.

Anyone but redknapp now and i was never his biggest fan but now i just want him gone and the new guy given the whole summer to stamp his mark. I could go into the reasons why but lets face it has been done to death already.

Or i could say people are being harsh on him and that a real fan or intelligent guy would not behave in such a way then i could feel superior to people i have never meet and will never meet.

Anyone think he should still be here is frankly mental.

I think he should

but

I dont think he will

Got a problem with that?

I think he should

but

I dont think he will

Got a problem with that?

The problem i have today is at 3.40pm i was driving along and my tyre on the van blew out, im not playing the matyr here but i saw my life go before my eyes. Im ok thanks for asking but fudge me what a day i have had and this sodding weather is making things worse.

Only got in about an hour ago, saw the penalties, jose aint coming here, never thought he was but he aint. Will stay there till he wins it. But like you i think he should leave.

Would love him to come to us so we can ruin his rep love how we destroy good people, my favourite thing about tottenham but then im a miserbale ****, especailly right now.

The problem i have today is at 3.40pm i was driving along and my tyre on the van blew out, im not playing the matyr here but i saw my life go before my eyes. Im ok thanks for asking but fudge me what a day i have had and this sodding weather is making things worse.

Only got in about an hour ago, saw the penalties, jose aint coming here, never thought he was but he aint. Will stay there till he wins it. But like you i think he should leave.

Would love him to come to us so we can ruin his rep love how we destroy good people, my favourite thing about tottenham but then im a miserbale ****, especailly right now.

haha weirdo.

Hope youre ok dude.

You are correct that you are indeed a miserable ****.

Just watching Paolo di Canio on SSN.

I want him next. he's as mental as a mental thing in a mental place.

Suit us down to the ground.

Answer to DUBAISPUR

But I do find this idea of yours strange, to say the least. You're disappointed, like all of us, and you hate us going into these tailspin slides, like all of us, but you're not willing to blame anyone at all for it? So how exactly would you react if this kept happening? Keep insisting that the disappointment alone is enough, and no action needs to be taken to avert more in the future? Because at some point, something will go right, someone will figure out what they need to do in the old boys' club we call management?

Yes there is a problem at the club and I would say that its almost certainly centred on HR. But the simplistic view that its all his fault is the thinking of the weak minded and short sighted. Footballers are kids, mostly and non too bright in the main, who's to say that this isn't their way of reacting to the uncertainty of their popular, father figure, charismatic leaders imminent disappearance? Are you a psychiatrist? I'm not, but I would venture to suggest that a lot of what has happened revolves around that. Add in to it a soul destroying defeat like the one to the goons where the entire team seemed to lose its head and direction, and crumbled before our eyes, and you have a powerful psychological event that could easily be the catalyst to the current ineptitude of the team. What I am not prepared to do is to start hysterically screaming "he's a witch" and "burn him" because mystically things have started to unravel.

(NB - I am not stating that this IS the reason things are rotten at the moment, but proposing that it may be a part of it)

Maybe he has got an eye on the door, with all of the bile and brick being spouted about him, who wouldn't feel that way?

HR did not become a crap manager overnight, and he should be judged across his tenure, and preferably judged by people who know what they are talking about, and not a buch of histrionic fans (?) hell bent on hanging someone - anyone - as long as he's called Harry.

<SNIP>, but when I see these kinds of opportunities which a club like ours has rarely, if ever, been given, being thrown away due to ineptitude, I for one am loath to sit back and be quietly disappointed, hoping for better things later.

Really, what other choice do you think you have? Panic and start running around shouting we're all going to die? Nothing you can do is going to change what happens next, unless you, mysteriously, are a board member on here for a giggle.

So you advocate change, but isn't that going to happen anyway? - according to you ITK, answer for everything types? What has been the core failing of THFC over the last 3 decades? Think about it, and see if you can work out what differentiates us from the succesful, and then look at our history, to see the link between other clubs success and our last bit of sustained success.

Ignoring megabucks sugardaddy clubs, who fluffy bunnies cuddling their way to success.

Sigh. You have your view, and I have mine. I respect yours, even if I disagree with it. We're both hoping for a win against Blackburn anyway, so let's do that instead of arguing over something that neither of us will budge on. Then maybe this place will be a little more settled and peaceful.

No, we are different, I want long term sustainable success built round solid foundations, you are a product of todays "I want it all right now - and if I don't get it I'm going to scream and shout untill I puke" generation.

We just share a desire for the same end result, not a common understanding of what it takes to get there.

Academic, because no matter what I want, HR will leave, because England will call, and because he will be delighted to see the back of a large collection of disrespectful and ungrateful muppets.

Rather presumptious of you. My logic runs thusly; make Champions League - get money - use it to fund the stadium - when it's done, use the stadium to propel us into title contention.No need for immediate player sales, a boost to our club profile, bigger global marketing spread. No Champions League means sales of our top players, leading to disgruntlement and a hostile atmosphere, a possible delay in stadium construction, which could set us back further, and a decidedly lower appeal to both the potential naming rights and shirt sponsors we're trying to woo, leading to less money injected into the club overall, setting us back.

I don't want a sugar-daddy.

I don't want us to abandon our core ideals.

I don't want us to gamble it all on a flyer that may or may not come off.

I want a sustainable base of success as much as you do.

This season, in my honest opinion, is make or break. It has nothing to do with whether I'm a spoiled, I want it now brat or not (which I find distinctly amusing, considering my distinctly unglamorous youth ;) ), but everything to do with how important I consider this season to be. This was a watershed, and right now, it's looking very much like we've blown it. Why? Because we made the same mistakes as last season, and many more besides. Could we have avoided making those? Absolutely. Who made them? Well, I believe I know the answer to that. And the salt on the wound is that the man who many of us believe made those mistakes refuses to either admit he made them or accept that the situation is even out of the ordinary. As if we're supposed to be grateful for one win in ten, yada yada, etcetera. We should be grateful for the season he got us fourth. We should not be grateful for either last season's end-of-the-year collapse and subsequent sneering at the fans or this year's seemingly (seemingly) catastrophic collapse and the 'they've never had it so good' guff. We should not be grateful for mis-management of a squad....you know what, it has been said before, we're redrawing old battle lines here.

As for everything not being Harry's fault, agreed. The players must take some blame, perhaps Levy must as well. But we can't sell every player and start over. Similarly, we can't sack a chairman, unless he either decides to do it himself or Joe Lewis steps in and does it, for some unfathomable reason. But the club can part company with Harry and co, and by doing so, remove a large part of the problem we seem to have. That's the best it can do, and that's the outcome us 'histrionics' are getting at. Where we cavil at the accepted narrative is simply the breadth and measure of responsibility Harry has to take for the slump. I say a lot; you say not as much as you'd think.

But it's rather ironic how a supposedly master man-manager can't motivate his players to believe in themselves, or even in his own judgement. The 'macaronic millionaires' angle works both ways; they would undoubtedly be easier to convince and motivate than men more grounded in reality. And yet, they don't look like they're either convinced or motivated.

But, like I said, I cannot convince you and you cannot convince me. Perhaps I'll mellow with age, perhaps not. Either way, thank you for engaging me with a minimum of respectability, regardless of how impetuous and foolish you apparently consider me, and many others here, to be.

And as an addendum, I believe the clubs you're referring to are United and Arsenal. United's fans had banners proclaiming Fergie's imminent dismissal and his lack of competence throughout his breakthrough season, and, indeed, the club were on the verge of dismissing him. He didn't get the massive amounts of faith you seem to want us to put into Harry, he delivered where it mattered, on a timescale that, at the time, was seen as broadly acceptable, if somewhat strained to the limits. Wenger himself won the double in just his second season, so no apparent need for endless patience there. Chelsea, on the other hand, kept initial faith with Ranieri, found that it wasn't working, sacked him and brought in Mourinho. Different circumstances, true, but it did yield success.

barcastuff‏@barcastuffReply
Retweet

Favorite
?À Open

Several media and journalists claim that Guardiola has decided not to renew his contract, ahead of a meeting with president Rosell today.

We have about as much chance of getting Guardiola as Harry does of becoming life president of the Institute of Chartered Accountants....

Guardiola is a Barca man through and through, he inherited many of his players and the club's playing style and has actually boobed pretty badly on two big occasions this season.

There is absolutely no guarantee he'd replicate his success of recent years anywhere else.

Brendan Rodgers was on MOTD2 on Sunday, and im sure i heard him say "triffic" at least 3 or 4 times. If ever there was a natural successor to Redknapp...........

Guardiola is a Barca man through and through, he inherited many of his players and the club's playing style and has actually boobed pretty badly on two big occasions this season.

There is absolutely no guarantee he'd replicate his success of recent years anywhere else.

Rodgers is a student of the Barca style and spent some time at La Masia studying their techniques.

One could argue that a man who has lived with this playing style and coached a team embodying the very techniques that Rodgers mimcs would be the better choice. In saying that there's no chance he would come here.

What is Guardiola's English like?

Settting aside the managers we might want but are not likely to get -Guardiola, Mourinho, Heynckes, L?Âw, Hiddink etc I'd like to see big Martin Jol, have another go. I haven't read back through the thread ..but I though Jol did well before his authority was undermined, and he had to cope with the Dof structure too. He did ok at Hamburg and Ajax. I think he has the right temperament, media savvy, and combination of man-management and tactical know-how to do a good job -providing he has the full support of the senior execs, and is given the time and resources to do it.

Rodgers is a student of the Barca style and spent some time at La Masia studying their techniques.

One could argue that a man who has lived with this playing style and coached a team embodying the very techniques that Rodgers mimcs would be the better choice. In saying that there's no chance he would come here.

What is Guardiola's English like?

Pretty good, in a recent interview he stopped using a translator and just started answering in English by himself.

Redknapp ready to say 'yes' to England as Tottenham line up Rodgers

The Spurs boss is set to take assistants Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond with him as White Hart Lane chiefs begin laying groundwork for a new management team

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp will accept the England job when it is offered to him next week with Spurs lining up Brendan Rodgers to replace him, Goal.com has learned.

The Swansea City manager has been informally sounded out by third parties representing the north London club and the early indications are that he could be interested in succeeding Redknapp at White Hart Lane.

Goal.com understands that Tottenham will not make a formal move for Rodgers until the Football Association approach them about Redknapp but the Londoners are clearing the ground for a new management team.

As revealed by Goal.com on Wednesday, senior Spurs figures have been alarmed by a catastrophic run of results and the negative feedback from the players, who have complained to chairman Daniel Levy via their agents about Redknapp’s tactics and match preparation.

The club have abandoned plans to try and persuade the 65-year-old to stay at White Hart Lane and will not offer him the four-year ?ú16 million contract they had prepared, even in the unlikely event that he does not quit White Hart Lane to become the new England boss.

Sources have told Goal.com that Redknapp plans to take assistants Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan with him from Spurs, which will prompt a complete shake-up of the north London club's coaching team.

There is confidence inside Wembley that negotiations with the new England manager – Roy Hodgson is considered a distant second choice to Redknapp – will be swift and he will be in place soon after the completion of the domestic season on May 13. The Uefa deadline for squads for the Euros to be finalised is May 29 and the tournament begins on June 8.

Rodgers is emerging ahead of David Moyes as the hot favourite to replace Redknapp at White Hart Lane as Spurs accept that first choice Jose Mourinho is almost certainly out of reach of his many suitors for another year.

Swansea sources say that Rodgers is interested in listening to the plans of Spurs, whose main criteria is that the contenders have experience of managing in the Premier League.

Nevertheless, there is no guarantee at this stage that he would accept the managerial post as he is believed to have doubts over whether the timing is right for him to accept the challenge of leading a Champions League calibre club.

Rodgers has an excellent relationship with Swans chairman Huw Jenkins, his family are settled in Swansea and he has said that he wants to grow with the squad.

The Northern Irishman, 39, signed a new three-and-a-half year contract in January worth between ?ú1.5m-2m per year that includes a buy-out clause of more than ?ú5m.

Although Spurs would not be put off by the clause should they opt to intensify their pursuit of Rodgers, they are aware that he is a somewhat risky target because of his lack of experience in managing big-name players.

Swansea believe they stand less chance of keeping Rodgers if Spurs miss out on a Champions League spot as he feels he would have a greater opportunity of making a mark at White Hart Lane should that be the case.

Back