• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Hahaha i've 'been micked'

I really don't think that what I write is in anyway condescending towards any poster!?

I'm afraid, by your logic Mick, no-one should discuss anything - apart from their own jobs. I'm not an artist - therefore I shouldn't discuss a work by M??nch or Cezanne, I've never driven a bus so if a bus veers of the road and kills people i'm in no position to comment. I'm not a politician and i'm also not Korean, therefore I shouldn't be afforded the opportunity to comment on Pyongyangs nuclear cat and mouse games. Above all, I'm not a football manager and therefore shouldn't comment on Harry Redknapp.

What can we, as ordinary citizens, comment on? We can never comment on a players performance - were not footballers. Cant comment on if I like the new strip or not - im not a clothes designer. What can I comment on? What do YOU feel YOU can comment on given your own personal area of expertice? I think this board would be a dull place if we all stuck to our own areas of expert knowledge.

If we all took you line, Mick, what threads would be on this site to debate - what conversations would there be in general? Not many.

Look at your earlier AVB comments - you clearly don't rate him for brick. AVB to Spurs - fudge off, etc.

We are currently on releagtion form, Redknapp is most certainly struggling.
The rest of his reign means nothing at the moment, we can't get extra point from that.

For results, not form. Difference in my opinion.

As for AVB? I find it amusing how someone said he was in the top five managers in the world and was furious when Chelsea got him. My post was aimed at that clown more than anything.

Answer to DUBAISPUR

But I do find this idea of yours strange, to say the least. You're disappointed, like all of us, and you hate us going into these tailspin slides, like all of us, but you're not willing to blame anyone at all for it? So how exactly would you react if this kept happening? Keep insisting that the disappointment alone is enough, and no action needs to be taken to avert more in the future? Because at some point, something will go right, someone will figure out what they need to do in the old boys' club we call management?

Yes there is a problem at the club and I would say that its almost certainly centred on HR. But the simplistic view that its all his fault is the thinking of the weak minded and short sighted. Footballers are kids, mostly and non too bright in the main, who's to say that this isn't their way of reacting to the uncertainty of their popular, father figure, charismatic leaders imminent disappearance? Are you a psychiatrist? I'm not, but I would venture to suggest that a lot of what has happened revolves around that. Add in to it a soul destroying defeat like the one to the goons where the entire team seemed to lose its head and direction, and crumbled before our eyes, and you have a powerful psychological event that could easily be the catalyst to the current ineptitude of the team. What I am not prepared to do is to start hysterically screaming "he's a witch" and "burn him" because mystically things have started to unravel.

(NB - I am not stating that this IS the reason things are rotten at the moment, but proposing that it may be a part of it)

Maybe he has got an eye on the door, with all of the bile and brick being spouted about him, who wouldn't feel that way?

HR did not become a crap manager overnight, and he should be judged across his tenure, and preferably judged by people who know what they are talking about, and not a buch of histrionic fans (?) hell bent on hanging someone - anyone - as long as he's called Harry.

<SNIP>, but when I see these kinds of opportunities which a club like ours has rarely, if ever, been given, being thrown away due to ineptitude, I for one am loath to sit back and be quietly disappointed, hoping for better things later.

Really, what other choice do you think you have? Panic and start running around shouting we're all going to die? Nothing you can do is going to change what happens next, unless you, mysteriously, are a board member on here for a giggle.

So you advocate change, but isn't that going to happen anyway? - according to you ITK, answer for everything types? What has been the core failing of THFC over the last 3 decades? Think about it, and see if you can work out what differentiates us from the succesful, and then look at our history, to see the link between other clubs success and our last bit of sustained success.

Ignoring megabucks sugardaddy clubs, who fluffy bunnies cuddling their way to success.

Sigh. You have your view, and I have mine. I respect yours, even if I disagree with it. We're both hoping for a win against Blackburn anyway, so let's do that instead of arguing over something that neither of us will budge on. Then maybe this place will be a little more settled and peaceful.

No, we are different, I want long term sustainable success built round solid foundations, you are a product of todays "I want it all right now - and if I don't get it I'm going to scream and shout untill I puke" generation.

We just share a desire for the same end result, not a common understanding of what it takes to get there.

Academic, because no matter what I want, HR will leave, because England will call, and because he will be delighted to see the back of a large collection of disrespectful and ungrateful muppets.

Academic, because no matter what I want, HR will leave, because England will call, and because he will be delighted to see the back of a large collection of disrespectful and ungrateful muppets.

Ive seen this a few times, and wonder if he is even that aware. I imagine the stadium, during games is the only real exposure he gets to fans. And from what I can gather (sadly Im not a regular) while the atmosphere isnt great, it isnt negative either.

What happens on forums such as this, I guess, is completely outside of Redknapps reality. And so even if people here are hysterically spouting bile (until they puke? That conjures up amusing mental images, keyboard warriors spewing on their monitors :lol: ) I venture it doesnt matter, doesnt make a jot of difference.

Except, obviously, to other posters.

The other general point I would like to make is that not everyone who wants to see him leave is a hysterical numpty shouting and screaming without rhyme or reason. Some will have valid and rational reasons as to why they think he should go (I would consider myself as such), and yet they all get lumped together as screeching idiots. Not fair.

Ive seen this a few times, and wonder if he is even that aware. I imagine the stadium, during games is the only real exposure he gets to fans. And from what I can gather (sadly Im not a regular) while the atmosphere isnt great, it isnt negative either.

What happens on forums such as this, I guess, is completely outside of Redknapps reality. And so even if people here are hysterically spouting bile (until they puke? That conjures up amusing mental images, keyboard warriors spewing on their monitors :lol: ) I venture it doesnt matter, doesnt make a jot of difference.

The other general point I would like to make is that not everyone who wants to see him leave is a hysterical numpty shouting and screaming without rhyme or reason. Some will have valid and rational reasons as to why they think he should go (I would consider myself as such), and yet they all get lumped together as screeching idiots. Not fair.

To be fair, you are right. Some fans on this board do raise some very legitimate concerns regarding the manager and the team. Even I've started to wonder what Redknapp must be thinking with his tactics and team selections in recent months. You could argue the England job has affected the players, but I definitely think it has affected Redknapp. Maybe he's trying to prove a point to the FA by experimenting with the team to show his tactcial nous, but it's backfired drastically!

I just can't comprehend why he has always inspired so much hatred amongst Spurs fans considering what he has achieved with us. It's not just this season, even last season, there were multiple threads appearing on GG every day explaining why he should go/why he's a saggy faced **** etc. Maybe you could say he's a bit condescending in the way he mentions our lack of success in recent years, but he's also right to point it out. We are about the 5th or 6th biggest club in England, no better, no worse. We have the 4th or 5th best squad in the country. We are underperfoming now, we are not massively underachieving considering our size and stature.

I think it's pretty obvious he's going. But if the FA do shock everyone and go for Roy Hodgson or another candidate, then I'd like to see Redknapp given one more season and some significant funds to try and get us in the top 4 again and correct some of his mistakes.

Last edited:
I think a lot of is simply the perception of him being a distrustful ****ney chancer. That and the regular view that he routinely shafts football clubs, takes bungs etc...

I dont want him at the club, simply because I dont think he has what we need anymore.

As a bloke, a character, I quite like him, he makes me laugh

If you can not win the debate try the next plan, baffle them with flimflam :-"

good job i have the attention span of a housefly, i never get further than the first 3 lines so im immune from the flimflame....lucky me:)

I don't have a problem seeing people expressing rational reasons for him going, its the irrational, inflammatory and downright ignorant stuff I have a problem with.

I doubt he reads this stuff either, but he does go on phone ins apparently and is sometimes stuck with listening to the muppets.

I don't believe that everyone who wants change is a macaron, I think its wrong -as continuity is the only way to forge a secure future IMV, but as HR will be gone next month, I don't see the need for all the frothing at the mouth and hysteria

I don't have a problem seeing people expressing rational reasons for him going, its the irrational, inflammatory and downright ignorant stuff I have a problem with.

I doubt he reads this stuff either, but he does go on phone ins apparently and is sometimes stuck with listening to the muppets.

I don't believe that everyone who wants change is a macaron, I think its wrong -as continuity is the only way to forge a secure future IMV, but as HR will be gone next month, I don't see the need for all the frothing at the mouth and hysteria

The frothing at the mouth and hysteria is a reaction to the way Redknapp has handled the situation since Capello has sacked. And the effect that has had on how we have played in the last few months.

Come on home, Jose. Dig out that Oyster card, you can use it for the commute to Northumberland Park. Or Seven Sisters if you prefer the tube.

Come on home, Jose. Dig out that Oyster card, you can use it for the commute to Northumberland Park. Or Seven Sisters if you prefer the tube.

He wont leave madrid till he wins the euro cup there, sadly.

Anyone but redknapp now and i was never his biggest fan but now i just want him gone and the new guy given the whole summer to stamp his mark. I could go into the reasons why but lets face it has been done to death already.

Or i could say people are being harsh on him and that a real fan or intelligent guy would not behave in such a way then i could feel superior to people i have never meet and will never meet.

Anyone think he should still be here is frankly mental.

Back