• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Liverpool would suit him down to the ground.
A classless club with nasty players always causing controversy and yet somehow always thinks they are the victim.

I would hate to see Mourinho come in a get the credit for all the hard work Harry and Levy have done building this side.
If Harry was to go I'd rather see a long term appointment of a young up and coming manager who'll be with us for a decade or more.
Paul Lambert fits the bill, what he's done with Norwich is phenomenal.

Can't see Mourinho going to Arsenal, too much work to do there and questionable if there's any money to spend. Plus they'll finish outside the top four.

Mourinho has got Madrid playing some lovely stuff this season, +51 goal difference, 7pts clear of Barca... on target to break the 107 league goals in a season too. Despite a poor first half last night they came out after the break and Zaragoza didn't get a sniff, even despite Marcelo getting injured with 20mins left having already made 3 substitues.

Except when they play Barca. They turn into an anti football machine with classless clams like Pepe bringing shame on the club whenever they play in the el clasico.

If Harry was to go I'd rather see a long term appointment of a young up and coming manager who'll be with us for a decade or more.

How many flavours of the month have we seen fail, not too long ago plenty would have favoured Owen Coyle?

Except when they play Barca. They turn into an anti football machine with classless clams like Pepe bringing shame on the club whenever they play in the el clasico.

Thinking about your reply on a team standpoint I kinda think that there is alot said about the way Barcelona manipulate the referee's. They certainly do make more of challenges, dive and feign injuries. Remember when everyone said the same about players like Drogba when he first arrived, they are the scum European based players we don't want here in the EPL. That attitude brought here by Drogba is rife at Barcelona, its a contact sport not ballet, and yes I believe alot of the nastiness within the Classico is derived from referee's falling for this anti football stance echoed up by Barca fans, although I do agree that sometimes players such as Pepe take things a tad too far, but he does that every game not just the Classico.

It not even about Mourinho's style of play. He would turn the club into a Soap Opera with a different controversy each week.

Also its no wonder his players get sent off when he himself does stuff like this

[video=youtube;olelvRKSpG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olelvRKSpG8[/video]

[video=youtube;-ZX7EfUHRXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZX7EfUHRXo[/video]

LOL @ kicked Fabregas in the head.

How to get a video noticed, I know... flat out lie on the title, then change it to 'tried' in the subtext, nothing more than a red top online journalist with the IQ of a electrocuted gold fish looking for attention. Oh the person originally posted the video with tried in the title but didn't get enough attention and changed it to flat out kicked in the head.

Which of course he never because if he had he would have been charged, and Fabregas wouldn't have got up and continued playing.

As for the gouging of eye, there is no excuse.

As for his players get sent off... how many have been sent off outside of the classico this season in the league.

One I remember was Khedira where he pushed an opponent, who wasn't involved in any tackle and went down, rolled on the floor 4 or 5 times. Khedira got his second yellow.

Pepe went off for two yellows, the second being a nasty challange, apparently something he does only in the Classico.

The other being Di Maria for his second booking of the game being deliberate handball.

To those complaining that Mourinho would only stay for two seasons. First off, no way to know that for sure. Second, the clubs he has left he's left after winning trophies and also leaving them in a good position for the future. I don't follow Portuguese football all that closely, but I think Porto have been doing fine, Chelsea have been benefiting from the squad Mourinho put together ever since he left, Inter have been up and down since he left, but they've gone through 2-3 managers already so no surprise. If he does leave Real he will leave them as arguably the 2nd best club side ever seen.

Two years of being real challengers and improving our squad with the risk of having to find a new manager afterwards. Absolutely no problems in my book.

I would hate to see Mourinho come in a get the credit for all the hard work Harry and Levy have done building this side.

Can't see Mourinho going to Arsenal, too much work to do there and questionable if there's any money to spend. Plus they'll finish outside the top four.

OTOH I'd rather go for proven quality as I think THFC deserves it with both excellent onfield and off-field (financials/stadium) progress. I don't want to risk what we have now with a young upcoming promising manager who may just undo everything and then set us back again. There's a big difference managing a top tier club (getting the best out of talents and egos) compared to the mid tiers (ensuring team efficiency and effectiveness).

we can't be sure either ways, but going down with inexperience would seem reckless or naieve even, in retrospect.

Last edited:
There is a big chance that Mourinho will go to Emirates Marketing Project next summer and may decide to partner Adebayor with Aguero, leaving us up bricks creek

Thats why im very surprised Levy hasnt acted in advance and tried to sign Adebayor up permanently during this transfer window

How many flavours of the month have we seen fail, not too long ago plenty would have favoured Owen Coyle?

Its a fair point. At Burnley Coyle looked a very exciting coach, and that (at first) translated to Bolton tremendously.

I guess how he manages his way out of their current state will tell us more about his managerial credentials.

Its easy to get caught up with these things though, people always look for potential for the future dont they?

Lambert has done a tremendous job, back to back promotions with a modest club. He has done it with largely the same players as well, so his coaching skills are obviously top notch at that level. Could he step up to a bigger club, with better players? I dont know, but Id like to see him given a go (just perhaps not at Spurs!)

Rodgers is one I admire greatly this season and last. He was at Chelsea on the back room staff so has some experience of big premiership club + players + expectations... I appreciate he hasnt single handedly revitalised Swansea, and that they have been working to a philosophy for a good few years now - but he has taken them up a notch. He is studious in his tracking of a player, in his preparation and coaching and it shows.

It doesnt matter what 11 players Swansea put out, they all know what they should be doing and have the ability to play the ball fantastically well. Some of his buys have been superb, and the fact that they produce the football they do with the players they have (absolutely no disrespect intended by that) is a massive massive achievement.

They are, IMO, a goalscorer away from challenging for a EUROPA league place.

So yes, I might be getting a little over excitied about a manager showing potential, but why not? Soon enough thats all we will have left, the elder statesmen are on short time, who is going to replace them?!

There is a big chance that Mourinho will go to Emirates Marketing Project next summer and may decide to partner Adebayor with Aguero, leaving us up bricks creek

Thats why im very surprised Levy hasnt acted in advance and tried to sign Adebayor up permanently during this transfer window

if we win the league and they sack Mancini, theres a big chance. Which, as it turns out is a small chance.

Back