• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
I am happy with this, I think we are on the verge of exciting times at the lane. I hope he installs a winning attitude to the club and in my view will have better knowledge of overseas players, which. Evans we may see some players from outside the premier league and under 30 join us

I think that Levy has made the benchmark pretty clear. It's regular champions league qualification or the door.

He acknowledged before the Werder Bremen match and our first CL game that there were realistically 6 clubs challenging every season, and 4 challenging for 2 spots. I think he understands that we can't just expect it every year, no matter how much we spend or prepare well we still might not make it.

That the real reason he was sacked was because he failed to finish top four the season after almost managing it.

Wasn't that more BMJ's interpretation of his sacking rather than what DL actually said to him?

Besides, the Premier League landscape has changed somewhat since BMJ left. We now have Emirates Marketing Project to contend with as well.

He acknowledged before the Werder Bremen match and our first CL game that there were realistically 6 clubs challenging every season, and 4 challenging for 2 spots. I think he understands that we can't just expect it every year, no matter how much we spend or prepare well we still might not make it.

I certainly think that he expects us to be challenging. I think that a manager would be sacked if they just delivered Premiership safety and the Europa League.

Just watched the bbc interview with Klinsmann and I must say, he is one cool dude. If he ever was to be our manager he'd definitely bring some refined swagger to the dugout!

I certainly think that he expects us to be challenging. I think that a manager would be sacked if they just delivered Premiership safety and the Europa League.

i don't anyone has been sacked by Levy purely for not qualifying for the CL - with Jol there was a new DoF in place who wanted his own man and we seemed to have hit a ceiling with him - i think progression is the key - if we miss out on the CL but show signs of growing as a team then the manager would be safe 100% whilst with Harry there was much more to the end of his time here than just missing out on CL - i think that's clear to anyone who can look at it objectively

i don't anyone has been sacked by Levy purely for not qualifying for the CL - with Jol there was a new DoF in place who wanted his own man and we seemed to have hit a ceiling with him - i think progression is the key - if we miss out on the CL but show signs of growing as a team then the manager would be safe 100% whilst with Harry there was much more to the end of his time here than just missing out on CL - i think that's clear to anyone who can look at it objectively

Kemsley was rumoured to be angling for Jol to be given the boot a good six months before it came.

How many seasons do you think that Levy would be happy settling for a team that was progressing and not challenging?

Kemsley was rumoured to be angling for Jol to be given the boot a good six months before it came.

How many seasons do you think that Levy would be happy settling for a team that was progressing and not challenging?

i think if Levy had a manager in charge that he worked well with/got on with and we looked like we were building a good team with plenty of emphasis on young players etc then im sure we would keep hold of the manager regardless of regular CL qualification - me saying a number doesn't really add much to this as it's only one detail of many.

once the new stadium is built and we start to see the rewards financially then im sure he will be more expecting of regular qualification but until that time i have doubts as to whether it's as much of a pressing concern as some seem to think.

Im sure Levy knows that if Arsenal Chelsea Man utd/city and Liverpool all have their brick in order then we would naturally be below them so until that natural order is shaken up by our increased gate revenue then im sure he would be more accepting of finishing outside the top 4 - i guess the key for any manager is making sure that we are at our best so if one or more of those above us slip up we can over take them

Last edited:

Yep, 100% true. Harry was Kemsley's man; Levy was open to bringing him in 3yrs previous to when he finally did, but Jol was doing so well that there was no real need. All confirmed by Harry.

i think if Levy had a manager in charge that he worked well with/got on with and we looked like we were building a good team with plenty of emphasis on young players etc then im sure we would keep hold of the manager regardless of regular CL qualification - me saying a number doesn't really add much to this as it's only one detail of many.

once the new stadium is built and we start to see the rewards financially then im sure he will be more expecting of regular qualification but until that time i have doubts as to whether it's as much of a pressing concern as some seem to think.

Im sure Levy knows that if Arsenal Chelsea Man utd/city and Liverpool all have their brick in order then we would naturally be below them so until that natural order is shaken up by our increased gate revenue then im sure he would be more accepting of finishing outside the top 4 - i guess the key for any manager is making sure that we are at our best so if one or more of those above us slip up we can over take them

I disagree. ENIC have invested in Spurs to make money. They need regular Champions League football in order to maximise the return on their investment when they come to sell.

I think that Harry was sacked for backing Levy into a corner, rather than failure to qualify for the Champions League but if we drop back to somewhere between 7th and 10th for the next couple of seasons, the manager would not get a third season to see if they could get top 4.

I disagree. ENIC have invested in Spurs to make money. They need regular Champions League football in order to maximise the return on their investment when they come to sell.

I think that Harry was sacked for backing Levy into a corner, rather than failure to qualify for the Champions League but if we drop back to somewhere between 7th and 10th for the next couple of seasons, the manager would not get a third season to see if they could get top 4.

Agree with all of this. I don't think the Manager would get much of a second season either if we finished outside of the top six this coming season. They'd have to have a cracking first half of the second season to keep their job!

Back