• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
I doubt that it's got anything to do with Blanc.

If he was our new manager, there would be nothing to stop us announcing it asap, even if he is obligated to carry on working for the French FA for the remainder of the week.

This. Just like Santini

I doubt that it's got anything to do with Blanc.

If he was our new manager, there would be nothing to stop us announcing it asap, even if he is obligated to carry on working for the French FA for the remainder of the week.

Agree but the fact that he was involved in coaching a Euro 2012 team until Saturday may have slowed negotiations, now he's done they can announce it. July 1st just seems a good day to do it, new month, new manager.

Why's that then? Just curious, I know very little about the background of both....

More experience, got Monaco to a Champions League final masterminding brilliant victories over Real Madrid and Chelsea along the way. Won the league wherever he has been, brilliant record at Juventus. He's been brilliant at Marseille, he did finish poorly in the league last season but he still got to a quarter final of the CL where his team lost to the finalists, won the French equivalent of the FA Cup too.

Well what are the viable options? From what I can see it's AVB,Martinez,Blanc,Moyes as the realistic options. I don't know much about Blanc, is AVB the best option then? I really like the idea of him, but also really rate Martinez although many on here question his ability to take on a big club....

Blanc's record wasn' too bad, 1st season he finished 2nd then the next one he won the League and League Cup. He then quit after 3 seasons in charge, asked the French FA about managing the national team and lo and behold after the World Cup the manager quit and he was appointed..

Well what are the viable options? From what I can see it's AVB,Martinez,Blanc,Moyes as the realistic options. I don't know much about Blanc, is AVB the best option then? I really like the idea of him, but also really rate Martinez although many on here question his ability to take on a big club....

I'd love to see AVB given the chance...

Blanc's record wasn' too bad, 1st season he finished 2nd then the next one he won the League and League Cup. He then quit after 3 seasons in charge, asked the French FA about managing the national team and lo and behold after the World Cup the manager quit and he was appointed..

no doubt, but I suppose it all comes down to experience

1. Martinez
2. AVB
3. Blanc
4. Moyes

Marty #1 because I think he's special. Then AVB because it would be a bonkers gamble and I like that style. Blanc next because I fear a half-committed Santini 2. Moyes a long way back because I think the fit between him and Spurs is all wrong, despite his strengths.

Agree but the fact that he was involved in coaching a Euro 2012 team until Saturday may have slowed negotiations, now he's done they can announce it. July 1st just seems a good day to do it, new month, new manager.

Yes, it all fits.......

But so does the reason for not announcing AVB as the new manager until July 1st / 2nd. And even allowing for the fact that 99% of ITK is regurgitated guff, I've been persuaded by the sheer weight and number of reports that claim that AVB is the new man. I'm not looking any further.

More experience, got Monaco to a Champions League final masterminding brilliant victories over Real Madrid and Chelsea along the way. Won the league wherever he has been, brilliant record at Juventus. He's been brilliant at Marseille, he did finish poorly in the league last season but he still got to a quarter final of the CL where his team lost to the finalists, won the French equivalent of the FA Cup too.

This. Deschamps is a winner. Its as simple as that. I cant assure you that we would be attacking all the time but we would win titles.

He knows the game as well as anyone, has won all the competitions as a player or manager.

Andre Villas-Boas turns down Sao Paulo offer

The former Porto boss, who has been without a job for several months now, rejected the offer from the Brazilian outfit as he only wanted to start the job in January

Sao Paulo director Adalberto Baptista has revealed that former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has turned down the offer to take charge of the club.

The Morumbi outfit are currently on the lookout for a new coach following the dismissal of Emerson Leao after growing unhappy with the 62-year-old's work.

Baptista claims that Villas-Boas was attracted by the possibility of coaching Sao Paulo, but would only take the job if he could begin his tenure in January in order to fine-tune the squad.

"He said today that he would not accept our offer," Baptista told Globoesporte. "He wanted some time to plan things, and I do not have time to wait.

"It is hard to sign a foreign coach. By the time he gets things going, the ship has sunk already.

"In Brazil, you have to win the next match. Now, we are going to war, I am looking for a new coach.

"It was time for Leao to leave. Until we find a new coach, Milton Cruz will be a temporary solution."

Villas-Boas, 34, took charge of Chelsea last summer after guiding Porto to an impressive four-trophy haul, including the Europa League, in 2010-11.

However, he failed to make his mark at Stamford Bridge and was sacked nine months into his contract after a run of just three victories in 12 Premier League matches.

Sao Paulo lie in eighth position in the Brazilian league, with nine points from six matches.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/60/south-america/2012/06/26/3202439/andre-villas-boas-turns-down-sao-paulo-offer

Only sees us a stop gap before his real dream job then.

Back