• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
AS, Pep is a very interesting topic imo, and not in a compare to AVB way.

- No one questions his success, but as has been mentioned several times, it was in a unique situation
- Barca has one of the best squads ever assembled.

That said, like most things associated with Barca, he/they seem to be untouchable, people must not critisize

- Barca does lack a Plan B and most people have figured out to retreat, let them have possesion as long it's in their half.
- Barca made it to what? 5 CL SFs in a row? and only won 2, for the greatest side ever, not a particularly good conversion

And the last piece nobody seems to want to touch is Pep's resignation, manager of "best side ever" with "best player ever", young, could ask for any amount of money but walks away because of the pressure (for me, translate "the pressure" = Mourinho)

I know the Barca fan boys are going to jump all over this, but I do think he has question marks that should be discussed.

To clarify, because people on this board come to the wrong conclusion all the time, I would welcome us looking at Pep. However like almost every manager, he does have question marks as well. The only manager in world football that is close to guaranteed success is Mourinho.

AS, Pep is a very interesting topic imo, and not in a compare to AVB way.

- No one questions his success, but as has been mentioned several times, it was in a unique situation
- Barca has one of the best squads ever assembled.

That said, like most things associated with Barca, he/they seem to be untouchable, people must not critisize

- Barca does lack a Plan B and most people have figured out to retreat, let them have possesion as long it's in their half.
- Barca made it to what? 5 CL SFs in a row? and only won 2, for the greatest side ever, not a particularly good conversion

And the last piece nobody seems to want to touch is Pep's resignation, manager of "best side ever" with "best player ever", young, could ask for any amount of money but walks away because of the pressure (for me, translate "the pressure" = Mourinho)

I know the Barca fan boys are going to jump all over this, but I do think he has question marks that should be discussed.

To clarify, because people on this board come to the wrong conclusion all the time, I would welcome us looking at Pep. However like almost every manager, he does have question marks as well. The only manager in world football that is close to guaranteed success is Mourinho.

I do agree that he is not the holy grail of managers he is often made out to be. He has only been at one club, and it can be argued that the football at Barca is bred from academy level. Look at the national team, how much of that do you think is down to Del Basque and not Barcelonas training of the core players.

Obviously Barcelona do not manage themselves, but they play a unique style of football with uniquely talented players schooled in it since youth level. How well he could manage a team comprised of random players of different backgrounds and styles remains a big question

Which of our prospective managers would want Sigurdsson? Surely not Blanc or Deschamps...not sure how Sigurdsson would have been enough on their radar that he'd become amongst their first signings.

Someone who's seen his last season up close would be far more likely surely.

All assuming the Sigurdsson story is true, which it probably isn't. Also assuming our new manager is currently directing our transfer activity, which he probably is.

Which of our prospective managers would want Sigurdsson? Surely not Blanc or Deschamps...not sure how Sigurdsson would have been enough on their radar that he'd become amongst their first signings.

All assuming the Sigurdsson story is true, which it probably isn't. Also assuming our new manager is currently directing our transfer activity, which he probably is.

Yeah, this has been the most confusing thing for me about the potential Sig signing. Why would we make a signing like that without the input of a new manager? Sig is a VDV type of player, and that means he's not suited to every single system. Surely the team wouldn't be foolish enough to make signings without the input of the new manager, right?

maybe Levy is jealous of Abramovich and wants some of the action himself

Yeah, this has been the most confusing thing for me about the potential Sig signing. Why would we make a signing like that without the input of a new manager? Sig is a VDV type of player, and that means he's not suited to every single system. Surely the team wouldn't be foolish enough to make signings without the input of the new manager, right?

:-k8-[:-"

Only the Greatest Story ever told....

C_67_article_2082806_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

LiquidSpurs just tweeted that the announcement will come in the morning. I have no idea about his credentials.

Here's the rough translation...
Lawrence White, 46, should not extend his contract as coach of the France team football. Reportedly, he is in talks with English club Tottenham looking for a coach since the departure of Harry Redknapp. Jean-Pierre Bernes, the agent of Laurent Blanc, has re-established contact with the London club chairman, Daniel Levy, Monday, June 25 "I will not comment," said the chairman of Tottenham. Laurent Blanc and Daniel Levy had made ​​contact before the Euro, before suspending their negotiations for the continental competition.

Not a whole lot to going on there.

Going by that article Blanc's contract with France runs out on 30th June, is this why no official announcement is being made until July???

I doubt that it's got anything to do with Blanc.

If he was our new manager, there would be nothing to stop us announcing it asap, even if he is obligated to carry on working for the French FA for the remainder of the week.

Back