• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

He did three full seasons at Hoffenheim finishing 4th, 3rd and 9th. Their record before that was 11th, 11th, 16th, 9th, 8th and 15th. Taking them into the Champions League for the first time in their history. His European record with Leipzig is good too.

Thanks, that looks a bit better - though aren't Hoffenheim a bit of a money club by German standards? Did his time there coincide with big spendinf?

Thanks, that looks a bit better - though aren't Hoffenheim a bit of a money club by German standards? Did his time there coincide with big spendinf?

Yes. They are massively bankrolled and have come up through the ranks quickly. They had a number of years in the Bundesliga before he came in and took them to their highest finishes.

Still thinking my pecking order is:

Nagelmann
Rodgers
Potter
Espirito Santo

...though I dont think you need to go below Potter as can't see that he's not gettable. Various others who in my mind I would rule out are: Simeone (too expensive, wont come), Allegri (likely short term), Gerrard (short-term, Klopp replacement), Benitez (Jose Mk II), others who are not better or more proven than Potter: Ten Hag, Howe, Southgate, Parker, Hassenhutl....

Would love to see Levy's list!!!

He’s called Potter.
He looks like a Geography teacher.
Potter has more of a Roberto Martinez feel to him than Poch.

I can see the temptation to compare them, both managed South Coast clubs and have surnames starting with "PO." Poch was my first choice for Spurs because he turned Soton from perennial relegation candidates to comfortable mid table with either their highest PL points finish, at the time, or highest placing iirc, beating some big sides along the way. He also increased the value of players such as Shaw, Lambert, Lovren and Lalana.

Potter isn't there yet. I think we need someone more experienced and accomplished.

I've got to be honest. I am close to being "anyone but Mourinho". I think that he's poisonous and will do real damage if he stays into next season.

Letting him finish the season and then parting ways seems like an obvious and simple solution. Shouldn't be a problem coming up with some flimflam about things not working out as we'd hoped given the extraordinary circumstances we've all been experiencing for over a year now.

Letting him finish the season and then parting ways seems like an obvious and simple solution. Shouldn't be a problem coming up with some flimflam about things not working out as we'd hoped given the extraordinary circumstances we've all been experiencing for over a year now.

I agree

One thing i was reading about regarding Potter was that part of his behind the scenes team that comes as part of the package is a recruitment analyst that assesses potential transfers and their suitability to his way of playing - Kyle Macualey, been with him since his days in Sweden apparently.

I like that

What's the point when Levy won't follow through with his suggestions and he gets frustrated and leaves?

Back