• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next England Manager Thread

Great news for Andy Carroll. Kev Nolan must be considering coming out of retirement

Tbh there wasn't a real alternative. Allardyce has the football experience to handle the job. I like it that he takes no prisoners. Hopefully it's a 2 year contract. No international manager should have longer than the 2 years in between tournaments. If he does well then fine another 2 years can be agreed. If not then it's goodbye and onto the next man

Im astounded with the appointment. I just cant believe that we have hired a coach with his tactical history. It feels like taking 10 steps backwards let alone 1.

BUT.

Trying to look at the glass half full. England have some good players. But we have no world beaters anymore. Its even more essential that we play more as a unit and a team that a bunch of individuals looking around at each other. Iceland, Wales and even Portugal showed that a well drilled and organised team can go pretty far. One thing is for sure Fat Sam will make us better at Set Pieces both attacking and defending. And he will demand a high energy output from his side.

So I suppose we have to hope that he can drill the team like that. If he tries to pander to the masses and get us playing football, something he knows tactically nothing about then I can see him falling flat on his face.

Also. I hope they only give him a 2 year contract. Lets hope they let him prove himself.

What a retrograde step.
What has BFS ever won?
That will be nowt.
He is great at avoiding relegation though, so England can look forward to not being relegated from their WC qualifying group...a Brexit boss if ever you could choose one...

Think we should take a moment to remember that we haven't won a knockout fixture at a tournament in a decade, haven't beaten a big team in a tournament since 2002 and haven't beaten a big team in a knockout fixture since beating an underwhelming Spain team on penalties on home soil in 1996 - the last one before that was in 1966.

The bar he will have to reach to be considered a success is very very low.

I think we should get a foreign coach who's only doing it for the money and encourages our players to play a slow possession type game where our hugely talented ball playing centrebacks start our attacks by playing 3/4 touch one-twos with players who are standing still or behind them. It's the way forward, sexy football.

amazed at the negativity, from top to bottom of the England setup he is the one person who has proved competency for the job, the FA couldn't find their arse with both hands and the players mental strength can be likened to a wet piece of toilet paper

Back