• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

Maybe Scara can do a simalar piece as fighting **** site, for glory glory member to do.

http://www.thefighting****.co.uk/safe-standing-survey/

There's a post on it's way from the safe standing campaigner in this thread soon - it's written to be a front page article. It should have a poll with it that we can hopefully use to get the club to listen to our views. Replying with standard template letters is not good enough and if we can show we have the support in numbers then we can change their attitude.

There's a post on it's way from the safe standing campaigner in this thread soon - it's written to be a front page article. It should have a poll with it that we can hopefully use to get the club to listen to our views. Replying with standard template letters is not good enough and if we can show we have the support in numbers then we can change their attitude.

From the clubs view surely it should be a win. They can get more people in the same space (and most likely charge the same price)

Imagine if our proposed single tier was all standing :p

From the clubs view surely it should be a win. They can get more people in the same space (and most likely charge the same price)

Imagine if our proposed single tier was all standing :p

It's unlikely that they could get more capacity without improved transport, but most importantly they could have the possibility of a greater future capacity without massive rebuilding. Must be of some value to the club.

The safe standing is probably something the club should ignore with the new stadium. All it could do is introduce delays.

There is also the danger that our competitive advantage from the new stadium is eroded by safe standing if it provides other clubs with an easier way of increasing capacity and revenue. They could for example convert some areas to safe standing, allowing conversion of other areas to corporate seating without a decrease in capacity.

The safe standing is probably something the club should ignore with the new stadium. All it could do is introduce delays.

There is also the danger that our competitive advantage from the new stadium is eroded by safe standing if it provides other clubs with an easier way of increasing capacity and revenue. They could for example convert some areas to safe standing, allowing conversion of other areas to corporate seating without a decrease in capacity.

Hadn't thought of it that way, although our main competitors either have oil money or larger stadia anyway.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Irrespective of the financial benefits that might accrue, imagine the atmosphere in that single tier if it was standing only. To be honest that alone is worth it for me. I don't really care if other teams follow suit or not.

There will be delays with the build one way or the other but I can't see how this will be one of them. We're either allowed or we're not.

Hadn't thought of it that way, although our main competitors either have oil money or larger stadia anyway.

But we don't want Liverpool, Everton or Villa getting help, especially the former.

The Liverpool owners already have made the decision to go for expansion of Anfield and it looks like they won't be rushing. But in a couple of years they could propose safe standing for the Anfield Road end. Oddly they may be the one club who can push through the ideal, especially if they can claim unfairness of London clubs getting unfair help (money from the mayors office and unfair proximity to the City for us, a £500m taxpayers subsidy for West Ham). Then they can focus on corporates in the main stand and get their increase much cheaper than us.

And I think safe standing might let Chelsea do something at Stamford Bridge. They don't really need more total capacity so safe standing at the ends and increased more corporates in the centre would suit them.

Finally, if UEFA do get serious on the FFP, then City and Chelsea might depend on their stadia more.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Irrespective of the financial benefits that might accrue, imagine the atmosphere in that single tier if it was standing only. To be honest that alone is worth it for me. I don't really care if other teams follow suit or not.

There will be delays with the build one way or the other but I can't see how this will be one of them. We're either allowed or we're not.

We are not allowed now.

But if the possibility was attractive financially, the club could decide to explore it and see if the law was likely to change. It might be a good excuse to delay for a year or two.

We are not allowed now.

But if the possibility was attractive financially, the club could decide to explore it and see if the law was likely to change. It might be a good excuse to delay for a year or two.

Have you watched the video about safe standing?....its not rocket science to install the stuff! by the looks of it could be done in close season easy.

Build the stadium and once the world has finally cried all its needed to cry about the 96 we can install it at a latter date, but the debate and the pressure needs to build a momentum before that could ever happen.

But we don't want Liverpool, Everton or Villa getting help, especially the former.

whatever increase those clubs could potentially get via safe standing we would match - so it isn't really an issue for me (if anything the average ticket price in London compared to Liverpool would mean we would still gain more than either of those clubs)

You'd have to think that Liverpool would be the last to introduce it anyway even if other clubs adopted it, for obvious reasons.

Some better news from the club

Today I am one happy Yid, well as happy as one can be after a defeat lol

Dear Stephen

Thank you for your email and taking the time to write to us with your thoughts.

Plans are certainly afoot to deliver audio-visual updates of the Northumberland Development Project and we will trail these with information on the official website. We are also in discussions with the building contractor, MacLaren, to ensure they can strategically place cameras to ensure the changing face of the development is captured and relayed to fans.

In essence - watch this space - but please be assured that we do have these matters in hand!

Best regards

Looks to me that its no different to the height of the head of another person. Look at the bar behind him

Standing tiers tend to be less steeply banked, though, so both bars and heads would almost certainly be in your way if you were forced to sit. That's also a reason they wouldn't want to build an all-seater stadium and then have to install safe standing as an afterthought.

Last edited:

Some better news from the club

Today I am one happy Yid, well as happy as one can be after a defeat lol

Dear Stephen

Thank you for your email and taking the time to write to us with your thoughts.

Plans are certainly afoot to deliver audio-visual updates of the Northumberland Development Project and we will trail these with information on the official website. We are also in discussions with the building contractor, MacLaren, to ensure they can strategically place cameras to ensure the changing face of the development is captured and relayed to fans.

In essence - watch this space - but please be assured that we do have these matters in hand!

Best regards

Thats cool. Hopefully they can have some strippers on there too whilst nothing is happening at night etc.

Maybe the bars are high enough that a seated person looks under them.

Its hard to tell, though. The bars in the photo below look very high, but the person seated seems to be looking over them. Edit: I mean the man in brown (top centre). On looking again, I'm not sure if he is sitting or standing now.

safestandingdortmund8gb.jpg

Last edited:

i know a bit far fetched idea but why don't the club buy the land where the present sainsburys is turn it into a giant car park for the first couple of years when the new staduim opens,say charge £3/4 for parking at the same time you buy your match day ticket,therefore creating less hassle in looking for a space to park on matchday. if it creates a bit more easier flow of traffic before and after the game due to the increase attendance because its just off the north circular may help the situation,if it doesn't sell the land back.

i know a bit far fetched idea but why don't the club buy the land where the present sainsburys is turn it into a giant car park for the first couple of years when the new staduim opens,say charge £3/4 for parking at the same time you buy your match day ticket,therefore creating less hassle in looking for a space to park on matchday. if it creates a bit more easier flow of traffic before and after the game due to the increase attendance because its just off the north circular may help the situation,if it doesn't sell the land back.

As I recall, a condition of the planning permission is that the club are committed to ensuring that although capacity will increase by 20k+ there will be a reduction in the number of spectators arriving by car. So they probably don't want to encourage people to drive by opening a large car park.

Back