• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

I think the club wants to adhere to certain UEFA criteria. There are different demands for CL games, European finals and Internationals.

yes im aware of that - but we should adhere to the most suitable requirements for us - ie the one which lets you be closer to the pitch (EPL most likely) the club talk about the 'fan experience' - and most people want to be as close as possible - you can still play in europe - just lose the first two rows where required - minimum financial hit in those instances surely outweighed by the better experience for those attending

yes im aware of that - but we should adhere to the most suitable requirements for us - ie the one which lets you be closer to the pitch (EPL most likely) the club talk about the 'fan experience' - and most people want to be as close as possible - you can still play in europe - just lose the first two rows where required - minimum financial hit in those instances surely outweighed by the better experience for those attending

Obviously. And now that the WC has been shelved for a while we can lower the demands a bit. Would love to have one of the European cup finals at the Lane sometime though.

lol

look at the people standing on the sidelines - at a guess they are over 1.5 m tall and using that as a yard stick id say that you could lay 3 people end to end at least between the hoardings and the pitch (on the side closest)

Yeah your probably right. No need for the lol though billy that hurt :)

From the new stadium plans

stadion3.jpg

Attachments

• stadion3.jpg
    stadion3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Wembley was certainly built to comply with absolutely every single regulation out there.

I prefer the old Wembley, I'm a sentimentalist. The new Wembley is just the same as any other new ground. At least ours will hopfully have the Dortmund like one tier stand behind the goal.

Around 60 will be fine.

Like you say should be built so that it can be easily expanded in the future.

Not seen anything on that, is expansion being factored into the design plans?

I don't think so. Not unless they've changed the design significantly.

Nor will there be much space around the stadium to build extra capacity.

And I think that that's why Spurs might have gone back to the drawing board for this rumoured "modest" increase to the proposed capacity. Maximize the use of space now, while they still can.

Are we talking about the current stadium or the new one?

When we played in the CL we had to cover some of the rows closest to the pitch as they are far closer than at the Allianz Arena. On the new WHL that won't be a problem.

New one. You said this:

The plan is to have them as close as possible within current UEFA regulations. We currently have to cover some of the front rows for CL.

Another poster pointed out that this was in the design documents for the NDP

Unless it's changed, the plan is 8.2m from 1st row to touchline. That's further away than we've got now.

Clearly in the picture you posted the fans are closer to the pitch than 8.2metres which would contradict your post.

A few points on distance between the stands and the pitch:

- At the new WHL, according to the plans we've seen, the distance will indeed be 8.2 metres.

- But there is no regulation that I know of that prevents there being a smaller gap. Plenty of newly completed stadiums where the distance is less. The Allianz Arena for one. Galatasaray's new stadium has stands that are a little over 6 metres from the pitch. And it is fully compliant with UEFA requirements for all competitions (including European finals and the European Championships).

- The distance between the pitch and the stands at the current WHL only seems like a couple of metres but it is, in fact, about 5 metres at both ends and on the Shelf side. And the reason for the front few rows being left empty for CL games isn't because of proximity of fans to the pitch. It's because the advertising hoardings for CL games are significantly taller than normal advertising hoardings.

So, among other improvements, I'm hoping that one way that the club might have found extra capacity is by adding a further row or two to the front.

- The distance between the pitch and the stands at the current WHL only seems like a couple of metres but it is, in fact, about 5 metres at both ends and on the Shelf side. And the reason for the front few rows being left empty for CL games isn't because of proximity of fans to the pitch. It's because the advertising hoardings for CL games are significantly taller than normal advertising hoardings.

2Wt8q.jpg

I hope during phase 2 when we move into the new stadium, they keep the view between new and old stadium open. One era ends as another begins before your very eyes!

Might ruin the atmosphere though. Or turn it into one big super-stadium!

I was wondering about this, and wondering what it would do to the atmosphere. I was thinking maybe they erect some sort of block between the new and old grounds as otherwise we will effectively be playing on a construction site, I can't imagine the players getting particularly amped up over that. Maybe a giant block with images of Spurs success from years gone by, with that end of the stadium blocked.

I guess they could leave it open and have it try and serve as inspiration, I just think it will look a bit weird. I remember going to a Norwich game a few years back when they were building the Jarrold stand, so it was 3 quarters of the stadium around the outside and one side that was just a construction site. It wasn't the best for atmosphere and I think that is important to help gee the players up.

I was wondering about this, and wondering what it would do to the atmosphere. I was thinking maybe they erect some sort of block between the new and old grounds as otherwise we will effectively be playing on a construction site, I can't imagine the players getting particularly amped up over that. Maybe a giant block with images of Spurs success from years gone by, with that end of the stadium blocked.

I guess they could leave it open and have it try and serve as inspiration, I just think it will look a bit weird. I remember going to a Norwich game a few years back when they were building the Jarrold stand, so it was 3 quarters of the stadium around the outside and one side that was just a construction site. It wasn't the best for atmosphere and I think that is important to help gee the players up.

They could board it up, then have the boardings showing what that part of the stadium will look like when it's complete. Like an artificially filled stand made from board!

They could board it up, then have the boardings showing what that part of the stadium will look like when it's complete. Like an artificially filled stand made from board!

Yes! Maybe with speakers attached to the board booming out songs to replicate the missed crowd noise!

Worries over for me :)

Back