• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

When supermarkets spring up they generally have to pay several million into the infrastructure surrounding it, generally on roads.

I really wish there was a more open book on the costs of this project, sometimes one feels like we are being treated like dumbasses and being told on a need to know basis.

Now that its been taken of the share market, will we ever know.

This is just a stab in the dark, but would sainsburys be renting the building from THFC, or perhaps be on one of those wonky 99-year leases. I keep forgetting about how land ownership in the UK works, especially in complex deals that inevitably come with new stadium planning.

99 year lease, the stadium will probably have a life span of less than half that.

Or, in the words of a reasonable person who is capable of understanding that not all people agree on everything, an opinion that differs from yours.

i understand the reasoning and opinions of those that were 100% for Stratford and moving away from Tottenham as their preferred choice, but i find it hard to take that some people think those reasons are worth abandoning our heritage for (well it's so much more than just that)

but these opinions highlighted that some supporters want the polar opposite of what i want for the club (or what i want the club to become) it is quite a heavy subject really so probably not one worth dwelling on. best to forget all about it and let bygones be bygones etc

but i totally understand where Totman is coming from - had we moved to Stratford my continued support of the club would have been seriously put to the test, the thought of it was actually quite distressing for me personally, it wasn't a small matter - and to see some of my fellow Tottenham fans back and support the move was, for me, a bit of a enemy from within kind of scenario

it wasn't a Defoe or Keane debate - it was the future of our Club

Last edited:
it is quite a heavy subject really so probably not one worth dwelling on. best to forget all about it and let bygones be bygones etc

This is totally true. We are all Spurs at the end of the day.....Im still very touchy about it though

Spurs already do very well from corporate hospitality, way above our pay grade if I am correct.

Having a state of the art stadium with a fantastic fan experience will be a draw, as will having a great team ultimately.

Because people like me were c#nted off for nearly a year for viciously opposing the move, and those slagging off Tottenham (the area), and dismissing tradition, heritage and history like it was f#ck all because they wanted nice restuarants, and parking, will not be allowed to forget it any time soon.

Oooohhhh looks at the hard man!! :)

How will we sleep at night!

I was for the move for the reasons stated by Scara.....BUT I am very happy to stay at the lane.

The bottom line is, I want a new ground and if it's in Tottenham all well and good, I just hope they get a fudging move on!!!

Nahh. People say I pin my mast to the wall, well as far as staying in Tottenham is concerned, I was prepared to abandon THFC if we moved. I have a right to celebrate staying

That is brick support in my opinion.

I support the club.

I agree, i had a load of people on my ignore list from the last site but i can not now remember who they are so sadly i can not remember who the traitors are. I took markysimmo and leedspurs off ignore as i enjoy reading their posts but i feel differently towards them now and it will take many years and lots of flowers and choclates for me to completely forget.

I'll give you a reach around when I'm down next mate! :) I was at the match on Tuesday, a missed opportunity!

The old thread did get very very personal, especially when it looked like we had a genuine shot at the OS. Personally, I was initially undecided but finally came down on the side of Tottenham. This is our area and the club is intertwined. There's no getting away from that. Either we made the NDP viable or we stayed at whl. Success and money isn't the be all and end all of football.

Still, some of the 'anti-Stratford' especially were unbelievably rude in that thread. Polarising opinion, attacking other posters and twisting words. Won't mention names though, as billy says, let's let bygones be bygones eh?

That is brick support in my opinion.

I support the club.

Sh#t support? I have never in my life supported a club from Stratford, so why would I start now. THFC would cease to be in my eyes, as billyiddo pointed out.

It also gives the club freedom to what it wants. If they moved to Milton Keynes? Fine by you right? Otherwise your a s#hit supporter?!

Straw man.

Stratford aint Milton Keynes!

I grew up in Borehamwood.......what? 8 miles from the ground......further away than Stratford is from the lane, i just didn't get the whole not Tottenham thing. Regardless, I deloghted we are staying and I do like Tottenham brick, unfashionably so!

Spurs already do very well from corporate hospitality, way above our pay grade if I am correct.

Having a state of the art stadium with a fantastic fan experience will be a draw, as will having a great team ultimately.

I think that we do comparitively well considering we are in Tottenham and do not have as good a corporate facilities as our main rivals in London. There is no doubt that the club could have made more out of the same corporate facilities in Stratford than they will do in a new stadium in Tottenham. I have always accepted that Stratford made excellent business sense but I support a football club and not a PLC and for me the proposed move was just wrong.

This is a very good post. Additionally at the time of making the Olympic stadium bid we were having all sorts of hurdles put in the way of the NDP. No funding from the council, no funding from the mayor's office, requirements for the club to pay for various transport and access improvements (with IMO some virtually unrelated to the new stadium - i.e. Tottenham Hale) Having to bow down to bodies such as English Heritage and CABE who can be overruled and having the scale of the enabling development drastically cut back.

I think that talk of the barriers in Haringey was flimflam put about by the club to try and win support for a move. The club thought that a new stadium in Tottenham was 100% viable until they were encouraged to enter the race for Stratford. Stratford would have been cheaper and the naming rights would have fetched more money, the only problem was that many fans were against it and they needed a way of convincing them it was necessary...

I think that talk of the barriers in Haringey was flimflam put about by the club to try and win support for a move. The club thought that a new stadium in Tottenham was 100% viable until they were encouraged to enter the race for Stratford. Stratford would have been cheaper and the naming rights would have fetched more money, the only problem was that many fans were against it and they needed a way of convincing them it was necessary...

If I'm faced with a decision at work where one option involves being given a ?ú300m+ asset and the other option is borrowing the money in an unstable financial climate, to describe the borrowing option as unviable would be generous.

All the time the OS was possible, the NDP was unviable.

those talking about corporate facilities - im pretty certain that before the Emirates was built and Chelsea became fashionable that the facilities at WHL were highly sought after and were the no.1 in London ?

Once we have a state of the art stadium and the state of the art corporate facilities that come with it then once again we will be on top in that respect. these people have no loyalty - they go where the best of the best is on offer

If I'm faced with a decision at work where one option involves being given a ?ú300m+ asset and the other option is borrowing the money in an unstable financial climate, to describe the borrowing option as unviable would be generous.

All the time the OS was possible, the NDP was unviable.

It was always the right business decision but I think that football should be more than a business. I know and understand that this does not fit with supporting a club which is owned by an investment company but I have no choice now in which club I support. This is one of the reasons why I think that football clubs are different to other businesses and that owners have a responsibility to respect the history of the club as well as the balance sheet.

those talking about corporate facilities - im pretty certain that before the Emirates was built and Chelsea became fashionable that the facilities at WHL were highly sought after and were the no.1 in London ?

Once we have a state of the art stadium and the state of the art corporate facilities that come with it then once again we will be on top in that respect. these people have no loyalty - they go where the best of the best is on offer

I believe the first part is true too but the proximity of Stratford to the city and excellent public transport would have made it far more attractive to corporate hospitality than anything in Tottenham will ever be.

Straw man.

Stratford aint Milton Keynes!

I grew up in Borehamwood.......what? 8 miles from the ground......further away than Stratford is from the lane, i just didn't get the whole not Tottenham thing. Regardless, I deloghted we are staying and I do like Tottenham brick, unfashionably so!

Stratford aint Tottenham either.......thats the whole "not Tottenham thing".

It was always the right business decision but I think that football should be more than a business. I know and understand that this does not fit with supporting a club which is owned by an investment company but I have no choice now in which club I support. This is one of the reasons why I think that football clubs are different to other businesses and that owners have a responsibility to respect the history of the club as well as the balance sheet.

Exactly. Football is also football. Not even sure why this needs explaining.

Anyway, for all the "NDP is unviable" and "we cant attract any corporate deals if we stay" etc etc, its now happening.........so I guess alot of people were talking bollox.

From being announced with pride, to being totally unviable three months later, to being totally back on..........3 months after we lose the OS bid :-k

Wow, this is how religion started. One man feeds the sheep some bullsh#t, and they just blissfully chew on it #-o

Back