• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

I beleive the Stadium sponsorship would also include the shirt, currentley we are getting about 15m a season from our shirts are we not? so 20m a season might seem like a lot but they are getting a lot of advertising. I think though that the Scum deal shows how much the level can change in a period of time. 100m over 15 years now looks like a bad deal. So I would hope any proposed sponsorship can have some kind of sliding scale to rise with current levels ( probably not possible)

Considering the amount Liverpool get from Standard Chartered (20m a year)

I believe that the 20m to include shirts and naming rights would certainly be attainable... One might ask that we could get more. In an ideal world though one would want them seperate so we can take control like you say Sandman what differences happen over a large space of time. We should go for an average top 5 teams angle on shirt sponsorship ontop of the 10-15 naming rights. Then again, things can go down as well as up!

Considering the amount Liverpool get from Standard Chartered (20m a year)

I believe that the 20m to include shirts and naming rights would certainly be attainable... One might ask that we could get more. In an ideal world though one would want them seperate so we can take control like you say Sandman what differences happen over a large space of time. We should go for an average top 5 teams angle on shirt sponsorship ontop of the 10-15 naming rights. Then again, things can go down as well as up!

Hang explain to me like your talking to a 5 year old.

If we are getting 15m a season for our shirts now as the post above you says, then if we were to get 20m for the stadium name and the shirts combined it would mean the stadium was only worth 5m a year? i have missed something and feel stupid, how is this a good deal?

Also if it lasts 20 years does that mean that in the 19th year in 19 years time we would get the same amount or does it go up as time passes, im confused and not taking the tinkle here.

Hang explain to me like your talking to a 5 year old.

If we are getting 15m a season for our shirts now as the post above you says, then if we were to get 20m for the stadium name and the shirts combined it would mean the stadium was only worth 5m a year? i have missed something and feel stupid, how is this a good deal?

Also if it lasts 20 years does that mean that in the 19th year in 19 years time we would get the same amount or does it go up as time passes, im confused and not taking the tinkle here.

Firstly this is correct, the naming right would be only 5 million should it involve shirt sponsorship under the current amounts of 15m a year, remember though the current shirt deal ends this summer, the reason IMO the two may be combined is because its all good that we can find a 15m deal with two companies over a short span, it may be a tad harder finding one to commit to a deal over a 20 year span.

This why taking a tiny hit to make sure of 400m over 20 years is a good thing. Its the gamble though as Sandman said where will sponsorship be in 20 years.

So it might be good to have in any contract a caveat that should situations where sponsorships sky rocket, we split it so that maybe 75% of it maybe be subject to the top 5 sponsorship deals in the premiership, average taken from UTD, Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea.

We don't want to be sitting here, like Arsenal are doing... thinking, we are being ass whipped by the bad deal like they have with Emirates. On the other hand this may only be whats available. So therefore you could argue that it would be better to loan from the bank and do deals over 2 or three years on the shirt and get a stand alone naming deal.

Remember we also get a huge amount of dollar from shirt makers Under Armour from next season 10m a season for the next 5 years.

Just thought I'd mention that the 4 new blocks to the south of the stadium radiate out southwards, to allow the sun to penetrate between and warm the south side of the stadium

With the original curved hotel design, daylight would never have crept between the hotel and south side of the stadium, so it would have been a damp and nasty space

Good design improvement that

I can't remember anyone claiming that. There were some saying that they'd rather have a 60K stadium in Stratford if the alternative was staying at the current WHL. Most of the pro-Stratford arguments were twisted around by those against the move to look extreme.

I remember plenty of people reciting the line that the club were spouting at the time which was the Stratford was the only viable option. It got quite personal and some people who were opposed to moving to Stratford were accused by some of wanting to hold the club back.

Just thought I'd mention that the 4 new blocks to the south of the stadium radiate out southwards, to allow the sun to penetrate between and warm the south side of the stadium

With the original curved hotel design, daylight would never have crept between the hotel and south side of the stadium, so it would have been a damp and nasty space

Good design improvement that

Thats a very good point... you don't want a situation like Ascot racecourse where they built the super stand and it basically puts everyone in the shade.. in the ring its a good 5-8C lower temperature than the parade/winners area.

I remember plenty of people reciting the line that the club were spouting at the time which was the Stratford was the only viable option. It got quite personal and some people who were opposed to moving to Stratford were accused by some of wanting to hold the club back.

Absolutely. I had to stop reading the thread altogether at one point, I was so disgusted by the attitude of some posters.

I dunno... whats the point of these posts... serious question btw. Don`t you think its best to just enjoy the fact we should be getting a new stadium which ultimatley is what everyone wanted...

I can't remember anyone claiming that. There were some saying that they'd rather have a 60K stadium in Stratford if the alternative was staying at the current WHL. Most of the pro-Stratford arguments were twisted around by those against the move to look extreme.

Like I said, lucky for some the old board crashed....

Thank you

I dunno... whats the point of these posts... serious question btw. Don`t you think its best to just enjoy the fact we should be getting a new stadium which ultimatley is what everyone wanted...

Because people like me were c#nted off for nearly a year for viciously opposing the move, and those slagging off Tottenham (the area), and dismissing tradition, heritage and history like it was f#ck all because they wanted nice restuarants, and parking, will not be allowed to forget it any time soon.

Because people like me were c#nted off for nearly a year for viciously opposing the move, and those slagging off Tottenham (the area), and dismissing tradition, heritage and history like it was f#ck all because they wanted nice restuarants, and parking, will not be allowed to forget it any time soon.

Don't follow the ways of the Buddha do you.

Nahh. People say I pin my mast to the wall, well as far as staying in Tottenham is concerned, I was prepared to abandon THFC if we moved. I have a right to celebrate staying

No, but some people dont have a right to celebrate this news....the ones that thought Tottenham was a s#hit hole we should abandon so they can enjoy a prawn sarnie in East London....

Back