• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Bayer have gone from above the relegation zone to possible UCL qualification and in the semi-finals of the EL in just 7 months. Not bad.

But not sure based on his experience, literally just that, 7 months.

All of those. I take a certain amount of pride in my club. I'd like us to be doing well - have an established system in place, play vaguely attractive football, not concede 3 (or 5) in the first 20 mins of a big game(!), etc etc.

If you're asking 'who cares', perhaps you dont however I do and I'd prefer it if there wasn't the chaos surrounding the club that there is at the moment

Of course I care. My comment was about the “laughing stock” bit. Again, who cares what anyone else thinks? There is ‘chaos’ around half of the clubs in the league at the moment. One has just sacked a manager after 11 games. Are you laughing at them? Do you care about them?

Too much focus is given to outside noise imo.

Why would we even consider the Mainz manager? They don’t even play the “Tottenham way”.
Apparently Bo is a Klopp disciple. And here in 'Merica they say "Bo knows football." (provided we get the right Bo)

61ecWOJ8vOL.jpg

If we were that bad, how were we in 4th place in contention for a top four place before he left? It is genuinely a mystery to me but it's a fact.

Conte's time at Spurs is not an indicator as to whether he's a top manager, that's not in doubt as we can drag any level of manager down. Perhaps it's time to stop posting for me tonight as I don't think a manager good enough to take us to the next level in this league exists, if it's with the current group of players.

Having a "Kane and a Son in the team" counts for very little other than breaking Spurs records. Other teams out there somehow achieve things without this combination of player, year upon year. All of the managers you mentioned as doing a great job are only hoping to do what Conte did last season or less, ie finish in the top four. So it depends on the parameters of success.

Firing Conte when in 4th makes complete sense even if we slip down to 7th by the seasons end but firing Poch when we were 14th was an outrage that certain posters continue to harp on about. It's fascinating.
We were 4th with the teams below us with plenty of games in hand and performance wise closer to 7th or 8th. There was no way we were staying 4th, even with Conte still at the helm.

Why were the pickings in 2021 slimmer than they are now?
How many exciting and gettable managers were there in 2021? Just Conte, really. Right now there are already 4-5 exciting ones in Nagelsmann, Slot, Gallardo, Kompany. And Poch is still available. In 2021 we were hearing a new name every week. Now we're hearing the same names and they are of managers that we would all be happy about, even if they're not our first choice.

Hopefully those things will start to get sorted quickly as you say and regardless of whether you describe it as a shambles or chaos or whatever. We're a laughing stock at the moment
Chelsea has reserved the "laughing stock" title for this year.

Is it fair to say that Potter’s stock is rising now? Sounds silly to say but it looks like he was over performing with Chelsea.

And let’s be honest - that whole setup of millions upon millions spent on lots of expensive individuals is probably the complete opposite of his preferred approach.

Really?

- No manager
- No DoF
- 12 goals conceded in the last 3 games
- 5 points from last 6 games
- Star striker contract situation
- Some critical positions need strengthening in the summer, but no DoF or manager currently to agree targets
- Several loan players returning in the summer and likely to need shipping out, along with underperformers...but no DoF in place

I'm not sure what more is needed on or off the pitch to make us a shambles if we're not at the moment

Hopefully those things will start to get sorted quickly as you say and regardless of whether you describe it as a shambles or chaos or whatever. We're a laughing stock at the moment

All that goes on in these last few games will have little bearing on next season.

I'm sure the plan is to appoint a new manager and DofF to carry us into that season. If we get into a Nuno situation then there is reason to worry...let's wait and see?.

Laughing stock, shambles = Everton, Leeds, Leicester, West Ham......even Chelsea.

All that goes on in these last few games will have little bearing on next season.

I'm sure the plan is to appoint a new manager and DofF to carry us into that season. If we get into a Nuno situation then there is reason to worry...let's wait and see?.

Laughing stock, shambles = Everton, Leeds, Leicester, West Ham......even Chelsea.

Tottenham = Typical ha

Back