• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Can they spend big? I mean they won’t have the income to justify it without CL

They have plenty of assets to realise within that squad. As long as they turn a profit from sales, they can bring in a couple of big signings too. Some of their fringe players will still bring in a lot of funds.

Why would anyone have to deal with Bayern at all? Compensation for what? They fired the bloke ffs!

Because byern have to pay the rest of his contract (another 3 years or so). Usually clubs will have a time break. If we're giving you this money you can't work for someone else for maybe a year.

If chelsea want him now they'll probably have to give either the manager or byern some compensation for that.

My question is more what makes Slot more ten Hag than de Boer?

ten Hag had his time in Germany, whereas Dutch league only managers can be a bit like Dutch league forwards.
Poached from another forum, but interesting comments about Slot from a Feyenoord fan:

As a Feyenoord fan I would hate to lose Arne Slot and I feverishly hope he will stick around one more year for Champions League football with us. However, if a team like Spurs would approach him and really be interested in backing him I can’t imagine he would turn that down.

This coach is no Frank de Boer as I’ve seen mentioned earlier in the thread. FdB was an Ajax disciple who was in fact reviled at Ajax for not winning more, and more dominantly considering their outrageous advantage in talent and money. He was also a bore. Slot has had a lot less to work with so far in his career. He started with AZ where he was tied with Ajax on points before the season was cancelled due to COVID. Then he joined Feyenoord where he finished his first season in third where Advocaat the previous season ended a distant 5th. On top of that he made the conference league finals which he lost to a typical Mourinho performance versus Roma. This season he is in the QF of the Europa League after annihilating Shakhtar Donetsk 8-2 on aggregate, in the semi-final of the Dutch cup versus Ajax this Wednesday, and 8 points clear in the eredivisie over Ajax and PSV having beaten Ajax in Amsterdam for the first time in 25 years. Ajax has a budget almost three times as much as Feyenoord and even more then that to AZ. Imagine if Emirates Marketing Project spent twice as much as they do now and Spurs stayed the same and then you have the discrepancy of Ajax versus Feyenoord. Slot has the results in a very short coaching career to be an interesting prospect.

Aside from that though, I can tell you he is an amazing man manger who gets the absolute most out of his entire squad (which at Feyenoord is relatively limited). His starting eleven all produce, but so does any of the backups who regularly play having to fight on three fronts for the entire season. Players I have either never heard of or laughed at for being scrubs at smaller eredivisie teams have succeeded beyond my wildest expectations. He gets the most out of his players and he has a great rapport with the team, all the while still being a bit of a taskmaster in terms of work output…

I can’t expand much on tactics for Slot, maybe others with more nous in that area can. What I can say is that he has provided the most attractive attacking football for Feyenoord in 30 years, hell, maybe ever. I’m pretty convinced he will end up being a top coach somewhere and I think Spurs could do a lot worse then Slot.

They have plenty of assets to realise within that squad. As long as they turn a profit from sales, they can bring in a couple of big signings too. Some of their fringe players will still bring in a lot of funds.

If they can sell them. Apart from the prem the market is a bit bleak at the moment.

Clubs over the last couple of years haven't been able to afford to renew contracts. So many players have run down their contracts. Lots of free transfers coming up in the next year or so.

Poached from another forum, but interesting comments about Slot from a Feyenoord fan:

As a Feyenoord fan I would hate to lose Arne Slot and I feverishly hope he will stick around one more year for Champions League football with us. However, if a team like Spurs would approach him and really be interested in backing him I can’t imagine he would turn that down.

This coach is no Frank de Boer as I’ve seen mentioned earlier in the thread. FdB was an Ajax disciple who was in fact reviled at Ajax for not winning more, and more dominantly considering their outrageous advantage in talent and money. He was also a bore. Slot has had a lot less to work with so far in his career. He started with AZ where he was tied with Ajax on points before the season was cancelled due to COVID. Then he joined Feyenoord where he finished his first season in third where Advocaat the previous season ended a distant 5th. On top of that he made the conference league finals which he lost to a typical Mourinho performance versus Roma. This season he is in the QF of the Europa League after annihilating Shakhtar Donetsk 8-2 on aggregate, in the semi-final of the Dutch cup versus Ajax this Wednesday, and 8 points clear in the eredivisie over Ajax and PSV having beaten Ajax in Amsterdam for the first time in 25 years. Ajax has a budget almost three times as much as Feyenoord and even more then that to AZ. Imagine if Emirates Marketing Project spent twice as much as they do now and Spurs stayed the same and then you have the discrepancy of Ajax versus Feyenoord. Slot has the results in a very short coaching career to be an interesting prospect.

Aside from that though, I can tell you he is an amazing man manger who gets the absolute most out of his entire squad (which at Feyenoord is relatively limited). His starting eleven all produce, but so does any of the backups who regularly play having to fight on three fronts for the entire season. Players I have either never heard of or laughed at for being scrubs at smaller eredivisie teams have succeeded beyond my wildest expectations. He gets the most out of his players and he has a great rapport with the team, all the while still being a bit of a taskmaster in terms of work output…

I can’t expand much on tactics for Slot, maybe others with more nous in that area can. What I can say is that he has provided the most attractive attacking football for Feyenoord in 30 years, hell, maybe ever. I’m pretty convinced he will end up being a top coach somewhere and I think Spurs could do a lot worse then Slot.
That's it, add Slot to the poll.

She's really smart - her tactical analysis during euro 2020 was the best ive ever seen on tv by any manager pundit.

Would also be an interesting dressing room dynamic, although we've been mixed sex for quite a while in terms of physios and dieticians in there
She is a great coach
Spurs fan too
Been going to football and working in the game longer than most

Actually thought we played well. Quite a few openings. Team look a little rusty, and Everton working so hard. Felt like when they tired and we had times to punish them we didn't twist the knife.

Edit: ever not know where you are!?

Why cant his teams score goals?

I dont think he had decent strikers at Brighton but they did create chances and Chelsea for all the money they've spent don't have good strikers either. Lukaku has been horiffic and Aubamayang has gone off the boil and seems to have an attitude problem.

Back