• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I think (a lot of) our fans are worse than the media.

We are constantly trying to find the negative in every situation and expect everything to go wrong.

It's very easy for the media at the moment to just go with that narrative

It’s the easy option. You’re either happy because you can tell everyone you were right, or you’re happy because things aren’t as bad as you said they would be.

FFS It's not even a week since Conte was fired.

Back in March 2021 it wasn't even a week since Mourinho was fired. Then it became two weeks, a month, two months, three. At each stage, I can remember the excuses - 'the season hasn't even ended', 'summer hasn't even begun', 'it's still early in the summer', 'Paratici's just arrived', 'there's time yet'.

We went through my favourite buttplug and ended up with Nuno Espirito Santo, our, what, 500th choice?

There's always excuses to justify that sort ineptitude, but the football world won't wait for us. It didn't in 2021, it won't now. We need an appointment fast, imo.

Exactly. So we don't get Nagelsmann or Poch, there's Gallardo, Slot, de Zerbi, who I think would gladly join us. I like Gallardo better because River was in similar shape with us when he took over there and transformed them.
Slot has been really, really impressive and had the added plus of speaking English and knowing Europe
He would also be proud of being here and would call it his club

Back in March 2021 it wasn't even a week since Mourinho was fired. Then it became two weeks, a month, two months, three. At each stage, I can remember the excuses - 'the season hasn't even ended', 'summer hasn't even begun', 'it's still early in the summer', 'Paratici's just arrived', 'there's time yet'.

We went through my favourite buttplug and ended up with Nuno Espirito Santo, our, what, 500th choice?

There's always excuses to justify that sort ineptitude, but the football world won't wait for us. It didn't in 2021, it won't now. We need an appointment fast, imo.

The club announced that stellini and mason will be in charge till the summer. So for the love of GHod hold off your moaning till then.

Just dont see Levy appointing someone who has never managed in Europe before.

To highlight how unusual that would be, can you think of any manager who has moved from Latam to Europe where their first job has either been at a meaningful team in the PL or frankly any team in the top few in Spain/Italy/Ger?

Doesn't seem like a risk that Levy would take
Scolari, Chelsea.

In the last week alone it’s been:

Poch turned us down
We turned Poch down

Nagelsmann has a soft spot for Spurs
Nagelsmann only wants Spurs if they make CL
Nagelsmann to Spurs won’t happen, he’s going Chelsea (who likely won’t be playing any European football).

We really are a lazy journalists wet dream.
:eek::eek::eek:
A bit of sick just came up

You're well aware it's not going to happen, you're just creating something to continue your campaign against our Dear Leader.

I think the point most fan's have come to realise is that Levy choses to dither when he is under pressure. Or thinks he wants all the facts and calculations before he makes a decision. Sometimes in business you have to make an urgent calculated guess to get ahead of competition, so you get the best product/ employee into your company first.

The only time he really took a real gamble was, when he appointed Poch, and then when he fired Poch.

When he sacked Jol (Poch) and hired Ramos (Jose) he sacked a much loved manager who understood club and appointed a trophy winner in Ramos.

He then quickly sacked Ramos (Jose) and appointed AVB (Conte) a manager who is very rigid in his style of play and too stubborn to listen to others and who rubs people up the wrong way. Who looks great when his philosophy is clicking and working.

When sacked AVB (Conte) it needed to be done. That's when he took a calculated risk before anyone else and appointed Poch (Gamble). It worked and he rightful took the plaudits for a very good decision.

It started as a partnership but soon he started to need to ask Poch to work without A and then workout B and then C, the more he asked of Poch, the more Poch accommodated, and we were still improving and competing at the Top table. Suddenly Levy's ego began to grow, it wasn't a partnership relationship any more, he could demand and Poch would accommodate, Levy became King Levy. A megalomaniac had been created.

When Poch (Jol) realised he now needed to ask for more resources, King Levy decided I'm the Man! Not you! I'm a gambler, I'm the best Negotiator, the best Chairman, I made you I can replace you. I'm sitting at the top table with best shiny stadium, I'm the envy of the world, who should I be rubbing shoulders with... I want most shiny Manager....let me replace this peasant who's tiring me and didn't get me my Big shiny cup.

Call Mr Jose (Ramos)!!!

That is when fate decided to slap him down back his humble level. Everything he touched began touch failed, he began to dither and delay, doubt himself with each wrong decision, he needed more Data before signing players and more Data before signing Managers. Nothing works.

....Fate may have decided he's been punished enough and now given him an opening to start again... Is he too scarred to learn from the past? Will he keep dithering to oblivion (exit).

Or will he self reflect, learn, and humbly pull his socks up and start acting like a real, entrepreneurial business man, making smart, swift calculated business decisions in recruitment....

That's my opinion....

I think the point most fan's have come to realise is that Levy choses to dither when he is under pressure. Or thinks he wants all the facts and calculations before he makes a decision. Sometimes in business you have to make an urgent calculated guess to get ahead of competition, so you get the best product/ employee into your company first.

The only time he really took a real gamble was, when he appointed Poch, and then when he fired Poch.

When he sacked Jol (Poch) and hired Ramos (Jose) he sacked a much loved manager who understood club and appointed a trophy winner in Ramos.

He then quickly sacked Ramos (Jose) and appointed AVB (Conte) a manager who is very rigid in his style of play and too stubborn to listen to others and who rubs people up the wrong way. Who looks great when his philosophy is clicking and working.

When sacked AVB (Conte) it needed to be done. That's when he took a calculated risk before anyone else and appointed Poch (Gamble). It worked and he rightful took the plaudits for a very good decision.

It started as a partnership but soon he started to need to ask Poch to work without A and then workout B and then C, the more he asked of Poch, the more Poch accommodated, and we were still improving and competing at the Top table. Suddenly Levy's ego began to grow, it wasn't a partnership relationship any more, he could demand and Poch would accommodate, Levy became King Levy. A megalomaniac had been created.

When Poch (Jol) realised he now needed to ask for more resources, King Levy decided I'm the Man! Not you! I'm a gambler, I'm the best Negotiator, the best Chairman, I made you I can replace you. I'm sitting at the top table with best shiny stadium, I'm the envy of the world, who should I be rubbing shoulders with... I want most shiny Manager....let me replace this peasant who's tiring me and didn't get me my Big shiny cup.

Call Mr Jose (Ramos)!!!

That is when fate decided to slap him down back his humble level. Everything he touched began touch failed, he began to dither and delay, doubt himself with each wrong decision, he needed more Data before signing players and more Data before signing Managers. Nothing works.

....Fate may have decided he's been punished enough and now given him an opening to start again... Is he too scarred to learn from the past? Will he keep dithering to oblivion (exit).

Or will he self reflect, learn, and humbly pull his socks up and start acting like a real, entrepreneurial business man, making smart, swift calculated business decisions in recruitment....

That's my opinion....
Wtf (walob)

You're well aware it's not going to happen, you're just creating something to continue your campaign against our Dear Leader.

Not at all. I think there's a good chance it will happen, because we are in the *same* muddle we were then.

Levy seems to be growing indecisive these days. Paratici is likely to be leave. If so, a new DoF will need to be appointed. That person will have their own preferences. Stellini will need the chance to prove himself, too.

Everything is in place for another extended search - Stellini being given a shot until the end of the situation, then the likely search for a new DoF, then the likely search led by that DoF.

And all the while, options drop like flies. It would be damaging, imo.

We have Poch and Gallardo available now. I say, get them now.

We don't need an appointment fast, what we need is the right appointment. If that takes a couple of weeks or a couple of months doesn't change much.

We don't need an appointment fast, what we need is the right appointment. If that takes a couple of weeks or a couple of months doesn't change much.

We took three months last time and ended up with Nuno, and I doubt there is a single fan out there who thinks that was the right choice.

Poch and Gallardo are, to my mind, the right choices. But even if not them, the market will not wait for us to sit and ponder for three months on the right choice - they will take the best, and leave us with has beens.

We took three months last time and ended up with Nuno, and I doubt there is a single fan out there who thinks that was the right choice.

Poch and Gallardo are, to my mind, the right choices. But even if not them, the market will not wait for us to sit and ponder for three months on the right choice - they will take the best, and leave us with has beens.
Yeah, cause there are more jobs available than good managers, will you ever give over...

Yeah, cause there are more jobs available than good managers, will you ever give over...

...err..yes, there are. By the summer, Chelsea, Real, Liverpool, Juve, Inter, Milan, and PSG and Atletico either could be or will be looking for new coaches.

Take every bloke from every list of potential Spurs managers out there and put them together, and you get maybe seven guys. Poch, Gallardo, Slot, De Zerbi, Nagelsmann. Used to have Tuchel, but he's gone already. Apart from them...Potter? Maybe Glasner?

Market will not wait for us, imo. Especially since, like Potter in 2021, half of those might turn us down anyway, either because we're beneath them or because they prefer stability.

...err..yes, there are. By the summer, Chelsea, Real, Liverpool, Juve, Inter, Milan, and PSG and Atletico either could be or will be looking for new coaches.

Take every bloke from every list of potential Spurs managers out there and put them together, and you get maybe seven guys. Poch, Gallardo, Slot, De Zerbi, Nagelsmann. Used to have Tuchel, but he's gone already. Apart from them...Potter? Maybe Glasner?

Market will not wait for us, imo. Especially since, like Potter in 2021, half of those might turn us down anyway, either because we're beneath them or because they prefer stability.
I'll put a bet with you for any amount you want that they won't all be looking for a manager in the summer.

If you want to keep dreaming up the worst scenario so you can moan about Levy knock yourself out, doesn't mean it's remotely likely to happen.

Liverpoo, juve and atletico? Are you having a laugh? If you're right we're better off waiting then and get klopp.

Back