• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
And you believe the journo’s who make brick up 90% of the time and others also run with a flimflam story to make it look more legit? Give it a rest.

I dont 'trust' any online social media posts but it would be a boring world if we ignored all the conversations and just waited for the announcement.

This whole forum is full of opinions based on gossip and hearsay

It’s really not

Incredibly worrying times for the club were when we looked like we’d get or relegated, or go out of business, neither of those times were that long ago

Look at the form table we are near the bottom three.

If Kane goes and this form continues into next season you might be quite shocked where in the table we end up.

Just look at Everton and we are frankly awful atm and firmly on that trajectory.

Meh. I'm sure there was interest. It broke down. brick happens. I'll judge the managerial process when it ends and I see the result. It tinkles me off that people are reporting today that we're on Day 60 or whatever of the search and still haven't got a candidate. Completely ignores the fact that we never expected to have someone in place by end of season and there is still three months to go to the new season starting.

On Potter or Rodgers. I was never very keen on either but 12 months ago, both would have been seen as good appointments. Potter was seen as some sort of genius by many and Rodgers had Leicester riding high and a cup win under his belt. Both are still good managers (if not quite as good as some believed) and wouldn't be bad appointments all things being equal. However, Potter's recent association and failure with Chelsea would rule him out while the way it ended for Rodgers at Leicester should rule him out. Levy appoints either and there will be a backlash.

Potter and Rodgers are fairly average managers imo compared to this new breed of De Zerbi’s and Slot’s.

Them two really are the standouts imo and a lot of what else is gettable seems pretty average to me.

Poste seems like a Martin Jol, decent manager but I don’t see anything in what I read that suggests he can transform and elevate us like De Zerbi or Slot.

I think the club is heading to mid table mediocrity at best now for the foreseeable future. If Kane goes we could easily be the new Everton.

Tottenham walk away from Slot deal
Sky Sports News' senior reporter Rob Dorsett:

Tottenham didn’t progress their interest in the Feyenoord manager Arnie Slot because officials felt misled about the terms of his buy-out clause, Sky Sports News has been told.

Tottenham have always stressed that they had no conversations directly with Slot or Feyenoord, and never comment publicly on employees of other football clubs.

Slot’s statement this morning stresses the same - that there was no direct contact between him and any other club.

However, Sky Sports News understands that Slot has a clause in his current contract that dictates it would cost £5m for any other club who wants to take him - but crucially, that clause doesn’t come into effect until next summer.

When intermediaries made it clear it would cost Spurs double that amount, around £10m, if they wanted to employ Slot now - and a further £5m+ for his backroom staff - the Spurs hierarchy decided to walk away from any potential deal, and told intermediaries they were no longer interested.

We’ve been told that Spurs’ bosses feel Slot used their interest in him to get an improved contract in the Netherlands - and it’s fully expected that Slot will now sign a new deal with Feyenoord.

I think this is spun rubbish. Sorry. 'The Spin macarons' are in again...

Who the fudge is that? Never heard of him.

He has his fans on here but feels like a gamble given he's 57 and all his career has been spent in Australia, Japan and now Scotland. Could be a stroke of genius appointment but if he fails then rightly or wrongly it would look like a Christian Gross appointment given his time spent in minor leagues. I think its a tough environment for him to come into and he'll need to succeed quickly as probably wouldnt be given the time by the fans nor Levy

If I were Levy then I'd either pay up to get Slot, or appoint Potter and save teh cash. Bring some certainty and move forwards with someone familiar with the PL

All we know is that Slot's agent was meeting with Feyenoord. Everything else is just speculation or ITK.

We're still ahead of schedule compared to when we hired Poch, but definitely a laughing stock. Enjoy the summer (if we get one) and switch on again in August.

He has his fans on here but feels like a gamble given he's 57 and all his career has been spent in Australia, Japan and now Scotland. Could be a stroke of genius appointment but if he fails then rightly or wrongly it would look like a Christian Gross appointment given his time spent in minor leagues. I think its a tough environment for him to come into and he'll need to succeed quickly as probably wouldnt be given the time by the fans nor Levy

If I were Levy then I'd either pay up to get Slot, or appoint Potter and save teh cash. Bring some certainty and move forwards

When you break them down, Ange and Slot are very similar. Ange is just less exotic because he’s an Aussie working in Scotland.

I dont 'trust' any online social media posts but it would be a boring world if we ignored all the conversations and just waited for the announcement.

This whole forum is full of opinions based on gossip and hearsay
A boring world?....Sorry, that implies one is incapable of filling the void.

When you break them down, Ange and Slot are very similar. Ange is just less exotic because he’s an Aussie working in Scotland.

One is early in their career, one in the second half. I dont know a thing about Ange's football, tactics or abilityhence saying it could be a stroke of genius or Gross-like. Put it this way - its unusual for a top manager to have never managed in a major league til they're 57 but then succeed. Not sure if there are are there many precedents

If I were Levy then I'd either pay up to get Slot, or appoint Potter and save teh cash. Bring some certainty and move forwards with someone familiar with the PL

De Zerbi has shown he is levels above Potter.

I don't see anyone out there who can transform us.

De Zerbi has shown he is levels above Potter.

I don't see anyone out there who can transform us.

Well depends on whehter we're prepared to pay to get a manager. If so you have de Zerbi, Slot, Amorim - all attacking managers and would be a breath of fresh air

If we're not to meet release fees, then Potter is the best available. Others out of work would be Rodgers, Lopetegui, Ruud Van Nistelrooy,....of those I'd go for Potter as he'd be used to the system which Levy is reported to want to introduce and knows the PL well

Don't see what age has to do with it, you could have a heart attack at 35 managing Spurs:D

Speaking of which, I still think it will be Nagelsman. The media only get fed drips and drabs for the most part, and nothing from what they said made it sound a solid no - more that Nagelsman would want certain things in place and I envisage Levy more likely to bow to his demands than get in Rodgers or whoever. I don't see where else Nagelsman had to go right now (accept things could change later in the summer) but I have a feeling all roads end with him.....

OIP.B_EjKr53Ge6u517H26B1BwHaKX

Well depends on whehter we're prepared to pay to get a manager. If so you have de Zerbi, Slot, Amorim - all attacking managers and would be a breath of fresh air

If we're not to meet release fees, then Potter is the best available. Others out of work would be Rodgers, Lopetegui, Ruud Van Nistelrooy,....of those I'd go for Potter as he'd be used to the system which Levy is reported to want to introduce and knows the PL well

If this is the pool we are now left with then the club just needs to appoint Poch or Nagelsmann.

One is early in their career, one in the second half. I dont know a thing about Ange's football, tactics or abilityhence saying it could be a stroke of genius or Gross-like. Put it this way - its unusual for a top manager to have never managed in a major league til they're 57 but then succeed. Not sure if there are are there many precedents

That’s because he’s Australian.

Back