• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
For those saying "settle for Potter"....

... The guy was the bees knees at Brighton, is responsible for a fair proportion of what they have achieved with his recruitment and coaching methodology. Just because he went to cheatski and was found wanting by the sheer chaos at that club does not mean he can't be a success for us.

I'd prefer Potter, who knows our league, to Slot, who doesn't.

Brighton’s success is sometimes put down to data science and sometimes to witchcraft, but the consensus seems to be that their managers are flattered by something ineffable in the back office. I was pro Slot and now suppose I have to be pro Ange.

I knew things were bad at Spurs but didn’t realise things had got so bad that we can’t attract a manager from the 7th(?) best league in Europe.

At what point will some of you on here accept that this is starting to resemble our manager hunt two years’ ago?

We didn’t want to even talk to Pochettino, didn’t want to even talk to Nagelsmann, Slot would rather stay at Feyennord, various DoFs are saying no to our approaches.

To me it all points to a club with a poor structure and probably very little money to spend in the transfer market. Levy had better lower his demands to ‘achieve top 10 or get sacked’ instead of the previous ‘top 4 or get sacked’ as we’re now competing with a loot of clubs who are either better funded, better run or both.

The crazy thing is that we’ll probably go and get Nagelsmann, 3 months into the season after the next patsy is considered to be not doing well enough. Of course by then we’ll have spent whatever budget we do have on a couple of players that don’t fit into his system.

Who knows? I'm pretty sure he would know. He literally said that there we not discussions about leaving Feyenoord. You'd have to be a pretty high-level "I do my own research" macaron to ignore direct quotes from the person in question.

Depends on how cute he was trying to be with the wording - he didnt say what you state "we not discussions about leaving Feyenoord". He was linking it to yesterday's meeting (between him and F) and said there weren't conversations about leaving. His quote could still be still correct and the only conversations so far having between between him and his agent.

either way, seems that he's not coming so we move on

I wonder what the sticking point was that he has backed out (and if it's the same as JN's issue). I know a lot of people will say well he probably never wanted to come but a lot of Journo's etc have suggested he was eager to come ever since he first heard of our interest.

Last edited:
I knew things were bad at Spurs but didn’t realise things had got so bad that we can’t attract a manager from the 7th(?) best league in Europe.

At what point will some of you on here accept that this is starting to resemble our manager hunt two years’ ago?

We didn’t want to even talk to Pochettino, didn’t want to even talk to Nagelsmann, Slot would rather stay at Feyennord, various DoFs are saying no to our approaches.

Am sure we can attract them but as someone said above we're happy to pay to sack managers but not to hire them.

If we're not prepared to pay £10m - £15m for a manager (setting that figure based on the €25m reportedly paid by Bayern to get JN), then I hope Levy focusses on out of work managers now rather than wasting time looking at and getting rejected by others. PL teams arent just going to release their managers, Sporting will want a fat fee...just need to move to Potter or Rodgers

Am sure we can attract them but as someone said above we're happy to pay to sack managers but not to hire them.

If we're not prepared to pay £10m - £15m for a manager (setting that figure based on the €25m reportedly paid by Bayern to get JN), then I hope Levy focusses on out of work managers now rather than wasting time looking at and getting rejected by others. PL teams arent just going to release their managers, Sporting will want a fat fee...just need to move to Potter or Rodgers

Where did you read that we didn't get Slot because we refused to pay the money?

Depends on how cute he was trying to be with the wording - he didnt say what you state "we not discussions about leaving Feyenoord". He was linking it to yesterday's meeting (between him and F) and said there weren't conversations about leaving. His quote could still be still correct and the only conversations so far having between between him and his agent.

either way, seems that he's not coming so we move on
"my wish is to stay at Feynoord and continue working on what we created last year.”

"I'm looking forward to next season with Feyenoord".

If you row back on that you're pretty much Sol Campbell.

Where did you read that we didn't get Slot because we refused to pay the money?

I said 'IF' and was relating it to any manager. Whether its Slot, frank, de zerbi, Amorim or whoever, a fee will be needed. Can debate what number that is but PL clubs have enough cash to hold out for something meaningful and Portuguese clubs get big fees for players so I'm sure would do the same for a manager

So there's two options:
- accept the need to pay a fee and then potentially get someone in a job
- avoid the fee but narrow the field considerably to only those out of work

I wonder what the sticking pint was that he has backed out (and if it's the same as JN's issue). I know a lot of people will say well he probably never wanted to come but a lot of Journo's etc have suggested he was eager to come ever since he first heard of our interest.
And you believe the journo’s who make brick up 90% of the time and others also run with a flimflam story to make it look more legit? Give it a rest.

'losing the guy we were never in for'

do you really believe that?

I think we were in for him but people do act like there is only one route in all this and if that route is not taken then its all blame and outcry. Nothing sensible like a club not wanting to lose their manager, that manager actually having a choice or agents acting to get the best for their manager. A little info is a dangerous thing, we get more reports on the finer details of deals where as before you might hear interest and then deal done or not, now people hear a snippet and that snowballs into something it likely isn't.

I said 'IF' and was relating it to any manager. Whether its Slot, frank, de zerbi, Amorim or whoever, a fee will be needed. Can debate what number that is but PL clubs have enough cash to hold out for something meaningful and Portuguese clubs get big fees for players so I'm sure would do the same for a manager

So there's two options:
- accept the need to pay a fee and then potentially get someone in a job
- avoid the fee but narrow the field considerably to only those out of work
You clearly have hate for Levy and are using any excuse to blame him, i think you need to take those blinkers off and look at it from a realistic point of view.

And you believe the journo’s who make brick up 90% of the time and others also run with a flimflam story to make it look more legit? Give it a rest.

And the fact that many news stories are now contradicting each other, some saying we did not talk, some saying we did, he himself saying we didn't. At the end of the day he was someone elses manager, they clearly stated they did not wanna lose him and they are not, he is not coming, those are the facts as we know them, anything else is choosing some weird stance to churn home. GHod help us

You clearly have hate for Levy and are using any excuse to blame him, i think you need to take those blinkers off and look at it from a realistic point of view.

Rubbish. I think Levy's done a lot for the club.

How does saying that we would need to pay a fee to get a manager released from a job somehow mean that I hate Levy?? There's no linkage there at all!

Meh. I'm sure there was interest. It broke down. brick happens. I'll judge the managerial process when it ends and I see the result. It tinkles me off that people are reporting today that we're on Day 60 or whatever of the search and still haven't got a candidate. Completely ignores the fact that we never expected to have someone in place by end of season and there is still three months to go to the new season starting.

On Potter or Rodgers. I was never very keen on either but 12 months ago, both would have been seen as good appointments. Potter was seen as some sort of genius by many and Rodgers had Leicester riding high and a cup win under his belt. Both are still good managers (if not quite as good as some believed) and wouldn't be bad appointments all things being equal. However, Potter's recent association and failure with Chelsea would rule him out while the way it ended for Rodgers at Leicester should rule him out. Levy appoints either and there will be a backlash.

Back