• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
So, uh...I take it not many are still on the 'it's only been a day/week/month since we sacked Conte, we have plenty of time' bus? Just checking - know how vehement the opinion was back then that this was nothing like the farce we went through the last tiem we looked for a coach, after all.

When we sacked Conte we had something to play for. Now we have nothing to play for but pride.

And as the past month has demonstrated, these players have no pride - a more loathsomely cowardly, spineless group of men calling themselves 'professionals' has rarely been assembled.

Other clubs move fast, appoint replacements, and salvage seasons - Villa were just above the drop zone when they made their change, now they are going to finish up above us.

Not us. The smartest chairman in the league knows better, you see.
What did we have to play for?
He cost us in 2 cups
Called his team a bunch of clams
And left the country, refusing to come back

What did we have to play for?
He cost us in 2 cups
Called his team a bunch of clams
And left the country, refusing to come back

No proof of this. So tiresome seeing the anti Conte crowd to be outraged at this myth as it suits their argument.

And even if it happened (and it's a massive if), the players managed to break someone to the point of not being able to return to the country.

So, uh...I take it not many are still on the 'it's only been a day/week/month since we sacked Conte, we have plenty of time' bus? Just checking - know how vehement the opinion was back then that this was nothing like the farce we went through the last tiem we looked for a coach, after all.

When we sacked Conte we had something to play for. Now we have nothing to play for but pride.

And as the past month has demonstrated, these players have no pride - a more loathsomely cowardly, spineless group of men calling themselves 'professionals' has rarely been assembled.

Other clubs move fast, appoint replacements, and salvage seasons - Villa were just above the drop zone when they made their change, now they are going to finish up above us.

Not us. The smartest chairman in the league knows better, you see.
I agree we should have taken more definitive action earlier on Conte when he was off for his long period of leave, as harsh as it sounds we allowed that to take hold, Stel was running the show long before Conte left and Conte only came back to burn down what remained of the house he built.

That's when we should have taken better action, pushed Conte out for Poch IMO.

The last ten games I'm not too concerned about because the squad was such a state that I think it would be unfair to push that on anyone new, that's not to defend anyone at the club but GHod help anyone coming in to try and take anything of a season or what's left of it. Maybe they should have given it to Mason rather than Stel though considering he was at about 50% win rate the other times, that seems a clear mistake.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I honestly think he'd be the best man for the job. It's a huge task in the summer and think it'll be too big for a lot of the potential candidates.
We need a rebuild which Poch knew when he was here, he just didn't have the funds/opportunities to do it.

I agree. I dont want Poch back at Spurs for some nostalgic reasons. I want him back at Spurs because I think he's the best qualified person which we can get

No proof of this. So tiresome seeing the anti Conte crowd to be outraged at this myth as it suits their argument.

And even if it happened (and it's a massive if), the players managed to break someone to the point of not being able to return to the country.

I think if something has been reported on it's not really fair to be going in on people believing it the way you have in this post tbqh

It's entirely plausible given all the other known circumstances that Conte wouldn't return, he had already spent lengthy spells of the season in Italy, flew out straight after throwing his grenade post Southampton game and his staff didn't leave with him which id say is normally customary when a manager with his own coaching team is sacked - id say choosing not to believe what has been reported with the whole picture in mind is more likely to be because it doesn't suit the narrative personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
I think there can be little to no doubt that Poch is one of the best managers available. But for me it’s about more than that - it’s about what his (or any other manager’s) appointment will do to the mood and psychology of the club. Most people seem to think Poch’s appointment would lift the club. I worry that it would keep us mired psychologically in the disappointment of the end of his reign, and the years since (which have really felt like a hangover from his reign). Certainly at the first sign of struggles on the pitch. I think psychologically the whole club would benefit more from a fresh start.

(And I say all that as someone who LOVED Poch, and was devastated when he was sacked).

I think if something has been reported on it's not really fair to be going in on people believing it the way you have in this post tbqh

Not sure I follow sorry.

Posters who are making out Conte was in it just for the money are believing a story that would have out him at odds with his contract and at odds with the statement released by Spurs ie mutual agreement.

And if people want to believe weak press stories, and that individuals like Conte and Jose are out of touch dinosaurs rather than looking inwards it's their prerogative, avoidance/ denial are useful tools in the armoury of being a positive Spurs fan at the minute.

Not sure I follow sorry.

People who are making out Conte was in it just for the money are believing a story that would have out him at odds with his contract and at odds with the statement released by Spurs ie mutual agreement.

And if people want to believe weak press stories, and that individuals like Conte and Jose are out of touch dinosaurs rather than looking inwards it's their prerogative, avoidance/ denial are useful tools in the armoury of being a positive Spurs fan at the minute.

No evidence & myth - two statements you made in your post in relation to something which has actually been reported on by someone who is known to have a level of knowledge of what goes on at the club, personally i would reserve such an attitude towards stuff dreamt up by supporters, not towards supporters who believe/give credit to a plausible scenario which has been reported on by the press.

Last edited:
No evidence & myth - two statements you made in your post in relation to something which has actually been reported on by someone who is known to have a level of knowledge of what goes on at the club, personally i would reserve such an attitude towards stuff dreamt up by supporters, not an actual plausible scenario which has been reported on by the press.

Believe the press if you want, you're entitled to do so. Like anyone else.

As I previously eluded to, even if it's true, it's almost an achievement to push Conte to that level of exasperation. It reflects badly on the club not him but that's my view as someone who struggles with the insane level of lies / concealing the truth necessary in the modern workplace. Things like passion, or the truth are seem as bad things.

By my (regrettably low at times) standards I don't think I've gone in particularly hard on anyone on here, sorry I'm not seeing it.

Believe the press if you want, you're entitled to do so. Like anyone else.

As I previously eluded to, even if it's true, it's almost an achievement to push Conte to that level of exasperation. It reflects badly on the club not him but that's my view as someone who struggles with the insane level of lies / concealing the truth necessary in the modern workplace. Things like passion, or the truth are seem as bad things.

By my standards I don't think I've gone in particularly hard on anyone on here, sorry I'm not seeing it.

Am i entitled to believe what i want? Because it doesn't come across like you actually think that - it seems that by believing the reported story, or more so not outright dissmissing it as a planted deflection tactic by the club, I'm now just purporting a myth as it suits an agenda.

Am i entitled to believe what i want? Because it doesn't come across like you actually think that - it seems that by believing the reported story, or more so not outright dissmissing it as a planted deflection tactic by the club, I'm now just purporting a myth as it suits an agenda.

I think you're entitled to believe what you want by law aren't you? I don't really know, and also don't fully follow this conversation.

You're the one who has said terms like "planted defections" and "agendas" here. As I alluded to before (thanks @Bullet ), the take in the press seems to go against the statement released by Spurs of mutual consent. I don't really know what happened but Conte doesn't really seem the type to just refuse to come back to work. Medical advice couldn't stop him coming in to work....

And like I stated, it's not a shining reflection on the club if the structure/ players did indeed drive him to the point of apathy, if the reports are indeed true.

Not sure I follow sorry.

Posters who are making out Conte was in it just for the money are believing a story that would have out him at odds with his contract and at odds with the statement released by Spurs ie mutual agreement.

I don't think he was in it for the money but was most certainly here to do a job, which wasn't to have a meltdown in the press regardless of pressure.

People have undoubtedly also given Conte a fair bit of free ride on his own failings because he said things that they agreed with where as others saw him as a manager here to do a job like anyone else

I had certain sympathies with him, but he was certainly at fault for things like what we still see today with the slow starts and second half showings and also playing players through rank form. This idea I keep reading, that he is some kind of hero of the people because he slaughtered the players and said some cryptic things people agree with about Uncle Levy is equally odd for me. He was the manager, not the chairman of the trust.

If people believe Conte was hard done by and he was at zero fault then his comments and actions have equally duped them t

I don't think he was in it for the money but was most certainly here to do a job, which wasn't to have a meltdown in the press regardless of pressure.

People have undoubtedly also given Conte a fair bit of free ride on his own failings because he said things that they agreed with where as others saw him as a manager here to do a job like anyone else

I had certain sympathies with him, but he was certainly at fault for things like what we still see today with the slow starts and second half showings and also playing players through rank form. This idea I keep reading, that he is some kind of hero of the people because he slaughtered the players and said some cryptic things people agree with about Uncle Levy is equally odd for me. He was the manager, not the chairman of the trust.

If people believe Conte was hard done by and he was at zero fault then his comments and actions have equally duped them t

Every manager is in for the money
It’s why they do it
You wouldn’t do a job like Tottenham without a decent pay day. At the end of the day only 2 or 3 can be successful in a season
But they do have many other motivations too
Contes is generally all about what he can do
The guys got that arrogance and confidence. He has earned it TBF

Every manager is in for the money
It’s why they do it
You wouldn’t do a job like Tottenham without a decent pay day. At the end of the day only 2 or 3 can be successful in a season
But they do have many other motivations too
Contes is generally all about what he can do
The guys got that arrogance and confidence. He has earned it TBF
I agree to an extent

My point being that people are using their own views to make Conte a martyr because he held the same views in public. I saw him as a manager half doing his job.

Imagine Moyes coming out saying his job at West Ham wasn't his fault because Sullivan is a cradle snatching sex pest and Karen Brady likes a c0ck or 9, oh and the players are crap. He might have a point more than a point but it doesn't mean hebis blameless.

I agree to an extent

My point being that people are using their own views to make Conte a martyr because he held the same views in public. I saw him as a manager half doing his job.

Imagine Moyes coming out saying his job at West Ham wasn't his fault because Sullivan is a cradle snatching sex pest and Karen Brady likes a c0ck or 9, oh and the players are crap. He might have a point more than a point but it doesn't mean hebis blameless.

I think he just lost his motivation here and his sequence of personal events kicked that off
The bloke is probably considering his win mortality a lot more and he is working away a form his family
He doesn’t need the money either
The game has developed in the prem which may (I’m not sure) have caught him out. The World Cup definitely did, for him and others

Last edited:
I think you're entitled to believe what you want by law aren't you? I don't really know, and also don't fully follow this conversation.

You're the one who has said terms like "planted defections" and "agendas" here. As I alluded to before (thanks @Bullet ), the take in the press seems to go against the statement released by Spurs of mutual consent. I don't really know what happened but Conte doesn't really seem the type to just refuse to come back to work. Medical advice couldn't stop him coming in to work....

And like I stated, it's not a shining reflection on the club if the structure/ players did indeed drive him to the point of apathy, if the reports are indeed true.

You might want to check the first post i responded to, you were talking about an anti conte crowd only believing the story because it suited their argument, a story you consider a myth (seemingly?) and a position that has no evidence to support it - that's essentially agenda talk so not sure what your point is that I've used the term rather than dancing around it? Again not sure either what you're getting at quoting my club deflection comment as it seems to follow to me if you're calling the reported story from AG a myth then that's the motivation behind the story being posted in the first place, unless you think it was just made up for no ryhme or reason, it's certainly what other posters have suggested - if you think AG has just made something up for clicks or whatever else, fair enough.

Why would a club sack a manager and keep his staff on? Why would the sacked manager agree to that and why either would the staff left behind? Why did Conte jet off to Italy the day after his rant and not return once training was back on a few days later if he was still employed by the club?

I mean it's all moot really but as a reported story it's not exactly far fetched given the circumstances and people's motivations certainly don't to deserve to be called in to question for seeing it that way.

Last edited:
You might want to check the first post i responded to, you were talking about an anti conte crowd only believing the story because it suited their argument, a story you consider a myth (seemingly?) and a position that has no evidence to support it - that's essentially agenda talk so not sure what your point is that I've used the term rather than dancing around it? Again not sure either what you're getting at quoting my club deflection comment as it seems to follow to me if you're calling the reported story from AG a myth then that's the motivation behind the story being posted in the first place, unless you think it was just made up for no ryhme or reason, it's certainly what other posters have suggested - if you think AG has just made something up for clicks or whatever else, fair enough.

Why would a club sack a manager and keep his staff on? Why would the sacked manager agree to that and why either would the staff left behind? Why did Conte jet off to Italy the day after his rant and not return once training was back on a few days later if he was still employed by the club?

I mean it's all moot really but as a reported story it's not exactly far fetched given the circumstances and people's motivations certainly don't to deserve to be called in to question for seeing it that way.

As my first post said, there's no proof. It suits the posters who have been laying on to Conte throughout. No quotes (from what I saw but I might be wrong on that!) so it's just conjecture. Things are made up for the sake of discussion that's kind of the modern world summed up.

I personally think that Conte just had high standards that the club couldn't meet that goes beyond simply who the manager is. He did truly care and wanted to improve things and take us places. Arguably it was his fault for joining us in the first place as there was enough evidence, and we'll continue to provide evidence for this being the case as a club when we get in either another Nuno or another "serial winner".

Edit - It obviously depends on mindset. Many, to take hope will be sticking up two fingers at the likes of Conte and Jose making out they weren't good enough for the club and will latch on to any press that besmirches them. Others will look at what both have and will achieve in the game outside of the Spurs perspective. Whatever keeps the hope alive I guess, but how the players have collectively responded since Conte left (apart from Skipp) doesn't fill me with hope. Just a longing for the season to end. Yet another season where the best thing is for it to be over.

As my first post said, there's no proof. It suits the posters who have been laying on to Conte throughout. No quotes (from what I saw but I might be wrong on that!) so it's just conjecture. Things are made up for the sake of discussion that's kind of the modern world summed up.

I personally think that Conte just had high standards that the club couldn't meet that goes beyond simply who the manager is. He did truly care and wanted to improve things and take us places. Arguably it was his fault for joining us in the first place as there was enough evidence, and we'll continue to provide evidence for this being the case as a club when we get in either another Nuno or another "serial winner".

Edit - It obviously depends on mindset. Many, to take hope will be sticking up two fingers at the likes of Conte and Jose making out they weren't good enough for the club and will latch on to any press that besmirches them. Others will look at what both have and will achieve in the game outside of the Spurs perspective. Whatever keeps the hope alive I guess, but how the players have collectively responded since Conte left (apart from Skipp) doesn't fill me with hope. Just a longing for the season to end. Yet another season where the best thing is for it to be over.

Did you watch us play under Conte at all? Predictable football, often completely outplayed tactically by just about every mediocre ass manager in the league, didn't use subs, didn't get squad players into any kind of position to help the team when needed/called upon, played out of form players for months on end.

Outside of a ten game spell at the end of last season, largely caried by Bentancur and Deki, there is nothing in Conte's time at Spurs to suggest he's a top manager, nothing.

Howe, Emry, De Zerbi, Silva have all done a managers job this season, when you look at what those guys have done without a Son & Kane in their team, you realize how bad a job Conte did. And to be clear, I don't think Conte is brick, I think he was brick for us.

Back