• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Only 5 of those are starters and I dont think either Deki or Bentancur are pacy. It limit the type of pass you can play and the space you get.

I disagree, side don't need 5/6 speed players, they need players who think fast and pass fast (Erisken and Kane are great examples, neither are particularly quick, both will kill you with a first time pass)

I disagree, side don't need 5/6 speed players, they need players who think fast and pass fast (Erisken and Kane are great examples, neither are particularly quick, both will kill you with a first time pass)

Of course quickness of thought is essential but if you cant stretch play you get condescended, having to play to feet all the time slows play down, Son only starter we have to frighten teams with pace and he's a passenger so far this season, Deki is great with his strength and ability to stop and keep control when running but again below par.

I’m working on the assumption that it will go wrong whoever the manager is, as it always has done.
The only three that have gone 'right', are managers the fans would never have picked; Jol, Redknapp and Pochettino. Maybe their success was all about expectations? In any case, I think any players or managers who come to Spurs, should always be making a step up, that we are the biggest club they've represented and they have something to proove.

The only three that have gone 'right', are managers the fans would never have picked; Jol, Redknapp and Pochettino. Maybe their success was all about expectations? In any case, I think any players or managers who come to Spurs, should always be making a step up, that we are the biggest club they've represented and they have something to proove.

by that "step up" rationale we'll be stuck in the same situation forever, for so many reasons:

• How does this work with European clubs? should we only sign players from smaller European clubs? What happens if they play for Ajax? Is that too big a club to compare with us, and thus should we not buy players from them?
  • Are we only to sign players who have won lesser competitions than the ones we're competing in?
  • We're after a player like Jordan Pickford - who plays for a team that has won more than us - does that mean he's not to be considered?
  • The way to win titles is to have a team that are blend of youth, experience and power - how are we going sign players who have won stuff at other clubs of note, if we have to have them step up?
  • Should we not have Bentancur, Kulu, Lucas, Royal, and Perisic in the current squad?
  • Should we have not signed Klinsmann, Sheringham, Van De Vaart, Davids?
Really struggling with that logic, so much I had to result to bullet points!

I would absolutely love to see Poch back here but I’m so,so afraid of it all going wrong and his legacy and our memories being ruined. It has to happen sometime but is now the right time? I am conflicted about this.
I still do actually think Conte might sign on for a longer stint but I’m not convinced now that I want him to, especially following on from his comments after Wednesday.
Why can’t things just run smoothly for us for a while?

by that "step up" rationale we'll be stuck in the same situation forever, for so many reasons:

• How does this work with European clubs? should we only sign players from smaller European clubs? What happens if they play for Ajax? Is that too big a club to compare with us, and thus should we not buy players from them?
  • Are we only to sign players who have won lesser competitions than the ones we're competing in?
  • We're after a player like Jordan Pickford - who plays for a team that has won more than us - does that mean he's not to be considered?
  • The way to win titles is to have a team that are blend of youth, experience and power - how are we going sign players who have won stuff at other clubs of note, if we have to have them step up?
  • Should we not have Bentancur, Kulu, Lucas, Royal, and Perisic in the current squad?
Anyone from Ajax, Pickford, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Royal, Sheringham (first time), van der Vaart (from Ajax, didn't get a look in at Madrid) are all a step up (PL is bigger than La Liga/Eredivisie).
Lucas, Perisic, Klinsmann, Sheringham (second time), Davids were all a step down, and shouldn't have been bought.
Our best buys in recent history are Modric, Berbatov, Bale (first time only), Dele, Son, all a step up, also see the managers I highlighted.

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to see Poch back here but I’m so,so afraid of it all going wrong and his legacy and our memories being ruined. It has to happen sometime but is now the right time? I am conflicted about this. I still do actually think Conte might sign on for a longer stint but I’m not convinced now that I want him to, especially following on from his comments after Wednesday. Why can’t things just run smoothly for us for a while?

It's not what we do ..

- Conte is not the answer, you would just be punting the problem for another year if lucky.
- The fans are part of the problem, we should be going for a Gallardo, the next Poch not the old one.
- The general toxicity and entitlement will probably lead the club to take an appeasement approach vs. the right one, hence Poch is in the frame.

Anyone from Ajax, Pickford, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Royal, Sheringham (first time), van der Vaart (from Ajax, didn't get a look in at Madrid) are all a step up (PL is bigger than La Liga/Eredivisie).
Lucas, Perisic, Klinsmann, Sheringham (second time), Davids were all a step down, and shouldn't have been bought.
Our best buys in recent history are Modric, Berbatov, Bale (first time only), Dele, Son, all a step up, also see the managers I highlighted.

I could spend an eternity countering your lunacy but instead I'm just gonna say "nah mate", and leave it at that.

It's not what we do ..

- Conte is not the answer, you would just be punting the problem for another year if lucky.
- The fans are part of the problem, we should be going for a Gallardo, the next Poch not the old one.
- The general toxicity and entitlement will probably lead the club to take an appeasement approach vs. the right one, hence Poch is in the frame.

appeasement will come in a distant second to the club making the most money it can. So if Poch isn't in their eyes going to get us Champions League, it won't happen. Levy is not sentimental.

For me, the last few years we should have been buying the best 18-20 year olds in the world (that we could afford). Loan them out. Develope them. Then replace the players in the squad that no longer work.

Some won't work out. Some will.

It shouldn't be on a managers whim. We should be a factory like benfica or ajax. Just with a bigger budget.

For me, the last few years we should have been buying the best 18-20 year olds in the world (that we could afford). Loan them out. Develope them. Then replace the players in the squad that no longer work.

Some won't work out. Some will.

It shouldn't be on a managers whim. We should be a factory like benfica or ajax. Just with a bigger budget.

Exactly and bit by bit you grow the club up and up.

I would absolutely love to see Poch back here but I’m so,so afraid of it all going wrong and his legacy and our memories being ruined. It has to happen sometime but is now the right time? I am conflicted about this.
I still do actually think Conte might sign on for a longer stint but I’m not convinced now that I want him to, especially following on from his comments after Wednesday.
Why can’t things just run smoothly for us for a while?
This may end up being a confluence of events that may work out in our favor. Conte leaving now at the same time that Poch and Gallardo are available means we have two top managers we can target. Whichever one we go for will be am excellent appointment. I'm partial to Gallardo, who I think can be our Simeone, but wouldn't mind Poch back either. Anyone outside these two and I think we'd be making a huge mistake.

Our attackers are slow, which limits the type of balls you can play - Kane, definitely. Kulu had a through ball played where if he had pace he would have been through on goal but the defender caught up with him. Son has definitely lost pace which is a big reason for his slump. Richi looks to have some pace I must say....

I've gone off him and want him out the door but I'd argue that Conte has gone right for the club. Got us back top 4 and has us there again. Results-wise, he's been a success of sorts.

Either you have a very bad memory or you weren't around

"rent a quote" "saggy face" "wheeler dealer" they were lots of people on this board and in general who had as much dislike for Harry as people now do for Levy.

Yes, at times when we were playing well the noise dropped (it always does when we win), but a good sized segment hated the guy and couldn't wait for him to fail/get out.
I was around and going to pretty much every match home and away, as I still do now. The atmosphere under Redknapp was good. There was a small (but loud) minority on this board who didn't like him because he didn't fit their mould of a good manager (i.e. he wasn't young, didn't wear sharp suits or have a sexy foreign accent). I think there was even the infamous 'Serious Relegation Fears' thread from one of the posters on here at the point that Redknapp was appointed.

Last edited:
Back