• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
That's simply not true. It wasn't toxic at all. The atmosphere at Spurs while Harry was manager was excellent. We played good attacking football and, like Pochettino, he had us achieving finishes in the Premier League that surpassed the financial resources provided.

There were a few strange folk on here that didn't like Harry because he wasn't young, didn't wear sharp suits and have a sexy foreign accent but by and large the fans liked him.

Don't ignore what happened once Crapello's marching papers were in hand. He absolutely played the margins. He had us playing great football and we looked a genuine title push bet that season until around the Xmas holidays. All this at a time when the club stood behind him in his battle with the tax people and his joking around about how his dog was more literate than he was. He started hitching his drawers for the England Jon and his Fleet St mates were all in for him. The campaign was building. January window came and Levy took one look and obviously felt he couldn't trust him to be around come summer, so gave him Ryan Nelson and Zaha, when we really needed a bit more to sustain a push. Despite this, we beat (I think) Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0 the week before the NLD. He then fielded one of the most tactically inept and disrespectful NLD sides I remember, which saw us go 2-0 up and lose 5-2. Then came all the extra 'England job' flimflam...despite all that, we went into our last two games with a clear guaranteed path to CL football via 3rd. Win both our games and the goons would be 4th. I'm sure you remember where Defoe was at Villa Park as we slid to a 1-1 draw against a relegation-fighting side. Once he didn't get the England job, he started a campaign for a new contract and ended up hitting headlines during a shiva Levy was observing.

He certainly had us enjoying some great times (I think Eastlands Crouchfest is among the great modern nights) but we cannot forget how it ended.

According to Alistair Gold Poch has said he isn’t keen as we seem to operate in the same way when he left, which tinkled him off before.

Cant blame him really.

Probably need to look at the celtic manager or a steve cooper?

This is no shock whatsoever, and I can guarantee you he is referring to some very specific elements which remain entrenched at the club in high places around the chairman.

You really are funny somedays

- We took Southampton's manager, gave him a squad capable of getting to Cup finals including the CL, capable of challenging for the PL title at least twice and raising his profile to the point where his next job was PSG to go work with Messi, Mbappe & Naymar. And on top of that paid him out a fudge ton when we fired him.
- The guy is constantly flirting with us, has dinner with our players regularly and never has much bad to say about us

But you think he feels hard done by and bears a grudge ...

There were things done, and disrespects, which are still within the structure uptown and would still be blockers to Poch returning even if Levy wanted to bring him back. I think he would want certain assurances, and I am not sure our current structure would allow them. I would agree he is positioning himself, but he is doing so in the event that if he is to potentially return, he has control in areas and situations he did not before.

I suggested a few weeks ago that we should replace Conte when we somehow found ourselves still in the FA Cup and Champions League as well as in a strong position in the league despite some real structural issues with performances. My feeling was we needed to make the change to avoid squandering the fortunate position we were in. A bit like Chelsea had done in the past and had gone on to win trophies the same season they made the managerial change. Unfortunately we stuck with him and now have only one of those 3 success scenarios left and even that is looking precarious. I think the board made an error sticking with him.

Yeah but that's fan talk, not saying i disagree but clubs rarely act that way

What is odd is no one really noticed that we have been without Conte for a month or more. Conte is the new manager incumbent in that sense.

This is no shock whatsoever, and I can guarantee you he is referring to some very specific elements which remain entrenched at the club in high places around the chairman.

Yeah cant blame him at all especially as he is getting the Real Madrid job whenever they decide to part ways with Ancellotti which could be imminent if they dont win the CL.

I would go with Tuchel then as our squad is gearing towards wing backs but doubt he’d come without assurances over Kane and our willingness to spend big on centre backs.

Dier, Davies, Tanganga, Sanchez and Rodon all need to leave the club.

I’d have Emerson as back up to Romero at rcb.
Lenglet on another loan as back up to a new top lcb.
And two new ccb (one of which a top player) to compete with each other. Maybe dier could stay and be the backup ccb but I’m concerned he has been at the club for too long.

If we cannot do this or it is not enough for Tuchel then we will need to look at the celtic manager, de zerbi or cooper etc and accept we are more a europa league team who will occasionally flirt with the top 4 and a domestic cup.

For better or worse. Think we'll have to get poch in. Any other manager, they have a few bad results fans will be calling for poch. They'd have no chance.

Or at least offer him the job. It’s not a good position to be in really.

Yep, fanbase needs to get it out of their system, the sooner he comes back and it goes tits up again the better.

Surely the sooner he comes back and we win trophies the better. I get what you’re saying, that it’s a box that needs to be ticked to satisfy people but two points….a) depending on why it goes wrong, if it does, there will still be people desperate for him to return a third time and citing reasons why it hadn’t been his fault, and success will always be the optimum result. Maybe it’s more the sooner he comes back, and we see if it was the right move, the better.

This just popped up for me. Interesting.

I remember that one and of course he was right, we could not compete with Liverpool, Barcelona, Real and City, just logic TBH, three of those were the biggest clubs in the world and perennial huge spenders at the time. Was only a year or so earlier that Real used that power and money to push us to sell Bale

Surely the sooner he comes back and we win trophies the better. I get what you’re saying, that it’s a box that needs to be ticked to satisfy people but two points….a) depending on why it goes wrong, if it does, there will still be people desperate for him to return a third time and citing reasons why it hadn’t been his fault, and success will always be the optimum result. Maybe it’s more the sooner he comes back, and we see if it was the right move, the better.

I’m working on the assumption that it will go wrong whoever the manager is, as it always has done.

I dont think it will matter who our next manager is, we have a big problem with lack of pace all over the field and any manager will be limited in their style of play until that's addressed.

? Son, Richi, Porro, Udogie, Gil and I wouldn't say Royal, Romero, Sarr, Deki or Bentancur are slow. How we play is slow, wouldn't say the players are

The only real holes are creative midfielder, another CB next to Romero and successor for Lloris

? Son, Richi, Porro, Udogie, Gil and I wouldn't say Royal, Romero, Sarr, Deki or Bentancur are slow. How we play is slow, wouldn't say the players are

The only real holes are creative midfielder, another CB next to Romero and successor for Lloris

Only 5 of those are starters and I dont think either Deki or Bentancur are pacy. It limit the type of pass you can play and the space you get.

Back