• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Levy would be aware of the popularity of Poch amongst Spurs fans and will realise that if Poch does go there, the pressure on Levy to deliver increases significantly. My preference would be for that to manifest itself in increased spending, rather than Nagelsman, but you might be right that Levy will go all out for JN

Still surprised that we don't seem to be interested in Poch....
It would be Levy publicly admitting that he has completely ballsed up the last 5 years. Though (as I have said all along) I doubt Pochettino wants to come back to Spurs anyway.

90 minutes of full belt "He's Magic"

Everyone turning their backs and making it a big tv spectacle

There's a few things that could quickly take over the crowd.
Why? Not everyone wants Poch back you know, I certainly don’t - I think he did well here with what he had but once he lost the likes of Dembele and Verts he couldn’t fix it.
He talks about being brave, without being specific and yet everyone assumes it’s about investing yet he clearly also stated many times he turned the chance to sign players down, those he did sign was more misses then hits.

I get time can warp views, but look at the comments in his thread - no plan B, can’t break down teams who defend deep, etc etc..

Time to look forward, not back..appreciate all he did do and not ruin that legacy as I just can’t see with the amount of change/player turnover we would need for a Poch style pressing team how he could ever succeed here. Appreciate that’s just my view, and naturally he may come back and surprise me but either way unlikely anything will happen mid season so will continue supporting the team win or lose and wait for the refresh to happen

And before Kane would join them (if he wanted to)
I can't see Levy selling to Chelsea.

Give it a year and he won’t need to - Kane simply walks.

Just popped in to see if everyone is losing their brick. Didn't disappoint.

Can’t think why.

Nagelsmann I do not see happening, which leads me to believe that it's more than likely going to be Kompany. Fits the profile of a young, progressive, and successful manager, while not being as unknown as Slot.

I’m also beginning to think it’s Kompany - which will be interesting …and a massive risk.

Give it a year and he won’t need to - Kane simply walks.

Can’t think why.

I’m also beginning to think it’s Kompany - which will be interesting …and a massive risk.
Kane will play his cards closer now than ever
But Kane is also a fan and he can pick where he goes next when free
Chelsea will IMO still be all over the place due to the sheer volume of issues created by their splurge and if they haven’t fixed their striker issues this summer they aren’t going to improve

Harr har har since when did levy do anything to appease the fans .. you will get a promise of investment and a nice politically correct chairman's end of season message ... he won't get the right man in and won't back him the way he wants or needs
Well, he did hire Jose and Conte in the hope they would win a trophy, which is something the fans desperately wanted. So he did try to appease the fans. But the new manager is one decision that cannot be swayed by this. It needs to be well thought through and judging by the fact that we are not going for the obvious choice in Poch, it looks like it is. Now whether they are focusing on the right attributes that the new manager should have, that's a different story. We'll find out soon enough.

Kane will play his cards closer now than ever
But Kane is also a fan and he can pick where he goes next when free
Chelsea will IMO still be all over the place due to the sheer volume of issues created by their splurge and if they haven’t fixed their striker issues this summer they aren’t going to improve
Kane now just has to refuse to discuss a new contract and he can then effectively go wherever he wants…. If not in the summer then in January or a years’ time at the latest. We also know first hand what happens with the performances of players who want out in the last year of their contracts and Spurs without a performing Harry Kane are a PL relegation battler.

Chelsea will improve next season, especially if they get in a good manager like Pochettino, they have a lot of young talent at Chelsea and in many ways are tailor made for a manager like Pochettino.

I've always been one of levy staunchest defenders and don't blame him for not appointing poch, but to not even talk to him, that's just stupid in so many ways.
I know its twitter, but the tweet about "looking for the next poch", ffs!
That's either being incredibly cheap, pig headed, stupid beyond belief or all three at once.
If this goes wrong there really should not any hiding place for levy.
Glasgow don't do it to yourself....

It's someone else writing things on twitter with no source or evidence.

95% of twitter is nothing more than the Daily Sport. But the mental health consequences are tragic.

Why do i get the feeling that Levy will concentrate more on trying to keep Kane at the club than focus on hiring a suitable manager. We will probably end up with a last minute Nuno type addition
You do realize that, in order to keep Kane at the club, he would need to hire a suitable manager?

You do realize that, in order to keep Kane at the club, he would need to hire a suitable manager?
The only way Kane stays at Spurs is by the club refusing to sell him and letting him walk next summer on a free.

There isn’t a chance in hell that Kane signs a new deal at Spurs. He is the clubs highest scorer and there is nothing else left for him to achieve at Spurs.

Glasgow don't do it to yourself....

It's someone else writing things on twitter with no source or evidence.

95% of twitter is nothing more than the Daily Sport. But the mental health consequences are tragic.

It was written by the guy who ghost wrote Poch's book. So likely the specific words used at the conclusion of Poch's 'indirect sounding out'

Kane now just has to refuse to discuss a new contract and he can then effectively go wherever he wants…. If not in the summer then in January or a years’ time at the latest. We also know first hand what happens with the performances of players who want out in the last year of their contracts and Spurs without a performing Harry Kane are a PL relegation battler.

Chelsea will improve next season, especially if they get in a good manager like Pochettino, they have a lot of young talent at Chelsea and in many ways are tailor made for a manager like Pochettino.
They have young And old
Nothing in between which I think really hurts them
And no goals
Kane ain’t leaving in a January window
He is here now until he chooses to leave if at the end of his contract
Plenty said Chelsea would improve this season…. They have got worse
Poch will need time and players to fix that. Is that appealing to join another project at another club?
Poch when he came here had players here who he could trust and brought a few others in to add to it (wanyama and Toby)
Where is he gonna do the latter now?
Plus the expectation there is much much more than a project. The Chelsea fans I know dont want him as they view him as a project manager

The only way Kane stays at Spurs is by the club refusing to sell him and letting him walk next summer on a free.

There isn’t a chance in hell that Kane signs a new deal at Spurs. He is the clubs highest scorer and there is nothing else left for him to achieve at Spurs.
Makes sense, but then the question is, where does he go? He's not leaving the PL and in the PL the only place he is guaranteed a league title and even a CL medal is City. But City don't need him any longer. Liverpool would not be interested or play the style that suits him. So that leaves United and Chelsea. If we get a good manager that turns us around fairly quickly, why would United or Chelsea be a better proposition than Spurs? So I do think that, if we really hit the jackpot with the new manager, it increases the likelihood Kane stays.

Makes sense, but then the question is, where does he go? He's not leaving the PL and in the PL the only place he is guaranteed a league title and even a CL medal is City. But City don't need him any longer. Liverpool would not be interested or play the style that suits him. So that leaves United and Chelsea. If we get a good manager that turns us around fairly quickly, why would United or Chelsea be a better proposition than Spurs? So I do think that, if we really hit the jackpot with the new manager, it increases the likelihood Kane stays.

Logic (not saying anyone has recently being showing that)

- Club keeps him for last season, gives the new manager one less thing to worry about
- Hail mary hope that new manager hits the ground running and that convinces Kane to stay (long shot)

It's United, Chelsea or City next summer if Haaland does go

Back