• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

UA have a huge involvement in the NFL. Wouldn't they want the same?

Unless you're talking stadium name. NFL games will probably most existing signage covered up.

only on match day (maybe), all the b-roll
and interstitials would be shot beforehand with normal branding, even more so if NFL have an existing deal with encumbent sponsors

there will be shoots at our training ground and all sorts of cross pollination with players in Spurs/NFL nike training kit mixes, Kane kicking field goals, Lloris throwing spirals, Eriksen sacking backup QB's, NFL players drinking tea and trying to learn offside

the games only take three hours but even after a decade they are week long advertising events

there is a slightly bigger thing in the US this week but three years out of four, from August to February, the entire country breathes NFL

It's fake.
AIA will be red.
It won't say Tottenham Hotspur under the badge.
The big badger in the back ground will have the same tail feathers as the one on the chest.

All in my opinion of course!

Another image has popped up via a news item on newsnow. I actually like it a lot. And hope it is our kit. But id be surprised if the AIA is blue. But I really really hope it is.

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/news/a13165/tottenhams-new-shirt-has-leaked-and-fans-arent-happy/

Says we are not happy. LOL.

It's not a million miles from our Hummel kit c.1985-7

extra_football_shirt_13654_1.jpg

These are the usual responses to a new kit from me, applies to this one as well.

First, it's:

1) fudge, it's hideous!

After having seen us sport it a few times:

2) it's all right.

And after us having won a few times in it:

3) it's nice, I want one.

Not really bothered, we'll get used to it either way.

Indeed, they are those who will hate it ( its got fudging red on it), those who will like it and those who will be so so about it.

Its the same every time a new kit comes out, you can not please all the people all the time.

Who actually buys a kit or shirt for themselves to wear now anyway?

I'm a firm believer that when you surpass the age of a premiership footballer (I'm 34) or are close to the age where the footballer should stop playing football professionally, then you should stop wearing the shirt or kit (full kit wnaker).

I'm a firm believer that when you surpass the age of a premiership footballer (I'm 34) or are close to the age where the footballer should stop playing football professionally, then you should stop wearing the shirt or kit (full kit wnaker).

I agree but think that the cut off point should be hitting puberty

I don't really have any issue with adults wearing a team shirt, it's grown men (or women) wearing shirts with player names on that I find - what's the word - odd?

I'm 32 and I wear a variety of Spurs shirts when I go to watch Spurs or go to Spurs pubs to watch a game. I think it's totally acceptable in those circumstances but wouldn't wear one any other time. I don't have a name on any of them. It's just part of being in the tribe for me.

I've also got a few random training shirts, Atletico, Spurs, Holland. As they're just the crest and manufacturer logo I'll also wear them running/playing footy in the park/in the gym.

i'm older than you, I still reckon i'll make it as a PL footballer though, most of them aren't that good, and surely scouts are watching my 5-a-side games...

Have you seen that walking club store mannequin that appears on Arsenal Fan TV every now and then? Head to toe, kitted out in Arsenal scarf, Arsenal kit, Arsenal jacket, Arsenal trackies, Arsenal-brand Nikes. Even has a pair of Arsenal-brand headphones *over* his actual pair of ordinary ones.

I was recently shocked to discover that this man is actually in his late forties.

So, given all that, I think just the jersey's hardly f*cking pushing it. Plus, on the (increasingly) rare occasions I manage to get anywhere with a significant number of people watching the games, I'm almost always the only one with a Spurs shirt in the entire joint - makes it all the more special when we win and I can grin serenely at the (occasionally) despondent, ever-present United/Liverpool/Arsenal bunch on my way out. :)

Also, I recently went down to my old haunts at the University of Toronto's downtown campus, and was surprised to see a bunch of Chinese blokes sitting around in the library cafe with last year's jersies on, talking about something or the other. All of them had Eriksen or Dembele on the back - and, although I was puzzled at that curious congruity, I was happy to see them nonetheless. There's still something to be said for the kit sparking instant recognition and a limited sense of kinship, even across continents - and *especially* given that most of my youth passed without knowing more than a handful of Spurs fans at the *most* within at least a 250km radius. :p

Back