• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Didn't we do this last year?

Can't remember about last season but it does seem that in recent years we've moved on from an early may announcement to more around July time. Whether it's now a marketing decision to now release it later or simply the manufacturer roviding it later I have no idea.

Gone are the days where we wear next seasons kit on the last home game of the season.

Should say I didn't see your post a couple above mine before posting. Appologies!

Didn't we do this last year?

It doesn't happen so much recently. First time I recall it happening was the FA Cup Final in 1991 where we wore our new Umbro kit which was revolutionary for the long shorts. That would have been goldust for Umbro to have their new kit displayed in what was then the biggest national game of the season (Forest were also in Umbro).

I'm guessing that as Hummel were going down the pan they couldn't really put up much objection but not contractually how such an arrangement works.

We also wore 'new kits' on the final day of the following seasons:

1999-2000; we wore our navy blue away adidas kit at home to Sunderland (and won 3-1 with a worldy from Stephen Carr)
2000-2001; we wore adidas home kit (which was very similar to previous one) and beat Man Utd 3-1
2002-2003; we wore our turquoise kappa away kit in a 0-4 horror show v Blackburn
2007-2008; we wore our puma home kit in a 0-2 defeat v Liverpool

you then have to go to final day of 2014-15 when we beat Hull at home 2-0 in new UA kit.

Therefore seems unlikely to happen when changing over sponsor.

I know the club generally doesn't like putting out new kits during international tournament summers as they'll be competing against England (and nowadays Brazil, Spain etc) so therefore wait until later in the summer to launch.

It doesn't happen so much recently. First time I recall it happening was the FA Cup Final in 1991 where we wore our new Umbro kit which was revolutionary for the long shorts. That would have been goldust for Umbro to have their new kit displayed in what was then the biggest national game of the season (Forest were also in Umbro).

I'm guessing that as Hummel were going down the pan they couldn't really put up much objection but not contractually how such an arrangement works.

We also wore 'new kits' on the final day of the following seasons:

1999-2000; we wore our navy blue away adidas kit at home to Sunderland (and won 3-1 with a worldy from Stephen Carr)
2000-2001; we wore adidas home kit (which was very similar to previous one) and beat Man Utd 3-1
2002-2003; we wore our turquoise kappa away kit in a 0-4 horror show v Blackburn
2007-2008; we wore our puma home kit in a 0-2 defeat v Liverpool

you then have to go to final day of 2014-15 when we beat Hull at home 2-0 in new UA kit.

Therefore seems unlikely to happen when changing over sponsor.

I know the club generally doesn't like putting out new kits during international tournament summers as they'll be competing against England (and nowadays Brazil, Spain etc) so therefore wait until later in the summer to launch.
I think we wore the new kit when Crouch scored against Emirates Marketing Project and put us in the CL.

Back