• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Yep, but that was a fall from grace for them; they were CL winners two years before that - and still had many WC stars in the team (including the likes of Ronaldinho, Etoo and Messi) to advertise the sponsors wares...
Just checked online, a big fall 3rd 10 points behind Villarreal.
If we were negotiating now at the same time as barca would we get the team deal, no way.
But a deal made 8 years ago to a team 3rd in a two horse race I would be disappointed if DL couldn't at least match that.

I think we will get substantially more this time around for the following reasons:

1. There is the natural inflation that we have seen amongst sponsorship deals as evidenced by the table put up;
2. We have more marketable players. They're young, dynamic and full of energy. Having someone like Son will also help with the extra Korean fans that he brings;
3. We will hopefully be in the Champions league; and
4. We are building a new stadium. Shirt sponsorship is not just about making the shirts, it's the display space around the stadium. See all the Under Armor banners and adverts around WHL to see that.

The one constant that we have is Levy. He always gets a good deal. I would imagine that things like number of sales of shirts, exposure to which competitions and longevity are the main factors that will dictate the underlying value of the deal.

With regards to having Nike, it will be a little weird for me given their long association with Arsenal. However, I couldn't give two craps really. It could be f-ing primark and I'd still buy the shirt.

Plus the popularity of the premiership is a big lure, massive viewing figures in emerging markets.

if we end the league now where we are, and with champions league looming - i am sure we will get a substantial increase in shirt sponsorship value.

About six weeks ago I went to the States to see my girlfriend. Whilst over there I saw three huge Under Armour stores in downtown Chicago, downtown Minneapolis and Mall of America.

We went into of them to see if we're being represented well over there and to my surprise in terms of in-store exposure we're not. Not one item from Spurs was to be seen, nothing.

I know their part of the marketing is a bit more than selling shirts state side but I have to admit I was really disappointed to see that on not just one, but three occasions.

Where as Nike on the other hand had Barca, City, PSG and even Roma shirts on show in the MOA store I saw.

All wait and see atm but I'd prefer Nike, not just for exposure, but also design.

I think a reason for this could be the deal we signed with Fanatics.

Nike do make some classy strips

Manchester+City-14-15-Home-Kit+(1).jpg

37777918_xxl.jpg

New-France-Home-Jersey-2014.jpg

AS-Roma-15-16-Away-Kit%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Last edited:
I think we will get substantially more this time around for the following reasons:

1. There is the natural inflation that we have seen amongst sponsorship deals as evidenced by the table put up;
2. We have more marketable players. They're young, dynamic and full of energy. Having someone like Son will also help with the extra Korean fans that he brings;
3. We will hopefully be in the Champions league; and
4. We are building a new stadium. Shirt sponsorship is not just about making the shirts, it's the display space around the stadium. See all the Under Armor banners and adverts around WHL to see that.

The one constant that we have is Levy. He always gets a good deal. I would imagine that things like number of sales of shirts, exposure to which competitions and longevity are the main factors that will dictate the underlying value of the deal.

With regards to having Nike, it will be a little weird for me given their long association with Arsenal. However, I couldn't give two craps really. It could be f-ing primark and I'd still buy the shirt.

Kane has been filming ads for Nike which will no doubt air during the Euros.
You can see why Nike would like to see one of their marque stars playing in a Nike jersey.

Kane has been filming ads for Nike which will no doubt air during the Euros.
You can see why Nike would like to see one of their marque stars playing in a Nike jersey.
Like NBC did with Bale, plastering his image on huge billboards in New York, just before he left for Madrid...

Back