• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New iPhone 5

Because many of the wanna be companies are using the software - nothing more.

Its like saying Golfs are better cars becauase they sell more numbers than the M3

The problem with that analogy is that there isn't one,cheap alternative to the iPhone,there are dozens of alternatives, some cheaper and obviously inferior, some technologically similar and some superior.

The problem with that analogy is that there isn't one,cheap alternative to the iPhone,there are dozens of alternatives, some cheaper and obviously inferior, some technologically similar and some superior.

I simply pointed out a flaw in the above statistics - numerous manufacturers use Android hence the strong bias in numbers. Imagine if Sony and HTC used iOS - similar pattern would have emerged most likely

I simply pointed out a flaw in the above statistics - numerous manufacturers use Android hence the strong bias in numbers. Imagine if Sony and HTC used iOS - similar pattern would have emerged most likely

Numbers are irrelevant really

I want bleeding edge tech, hence my android bias

Which is why I would never have MS for phone, because like apple they are always a step behind google

Which is why I would never have MS for phone, because like apple they are always a step behind google

I think that MS will be in a good position to take the business phone market from RIM, there are some neat features on their new models that Apple and Android cannot match. I wouldn't want one for personal use though.

This thread was really just about giving a heads-up on the release date of the new iPhone, not the cue to have the same boring iPhone v Android debate which has been done to a death.

If you want an Android, go buy an Android; if you want an iPhone, go and buy an iPhone.

Ok then, people who don't have iPhones, tell me why other phones are better? I'm more than willing to change to a different phone if it's better value for money.

I think the next few years will be a golden era for Microsoft

As some know I'm very close to them via work, so have visibility of what'd coming early doors

But Android still remains bleeding edge

Ok then, people who don't have iPhones, tell me why other phones are better? I'm more than willing to change to a different phone if it's better value for money.

You'll have a bugger of a time taking your data with you if you choose to do so.

Already alluded to it

Android gave me tethering, multitasking, multiple desktops, Nintendo and Sony emulators, email attachments, PS3 controller support, web page push to mobile ...the list goes on...long before iOS

Apple is fantastic for the masses (including sister and granny)

Probably but it still proves little, though that's not saying the original post did. Fact is everyone is different and androids flexibility and differentiation between handsets is what keeps sales high as there's something that would suit most people whether it's price, size, bleeding edge technology or something else.

The downside is ios is a lot easier to develop and test for so each individual app is likely to be more stable and faster on the iPhone and the simplicity of the system in general leads to less issues but that's not always the case and it's swings and roundabouts.

Competition is good, it keeps every company involved innovative. That's what annoys me about all these ludicrous patent trials, they only hurt the consumer.

Already alluded to it

Android gave me tethering, multitasking, multiple desktops, Nintendo and Sony emulators, email attachments, PS3 controller support, web page push to mobile ...the list goes on...long before iOS

Apple is fantastic for the masses (including sister and granny)

brick, I forgot FREE maps and car navigation

Memory cards and micro USB

Drag and drop files via PC

And phone contracts half the price

Available 3 years ago on Android devices

Last edited:
Numbers are irrelevant really

I want bleeding edge tech, hence my android bias

How are they a step behind? Windows mobile supported SD cards, multi tasking etc before Android had even been released.

From what I've seen a lot of Android devices dont even have SD card slots so much these days.

And MS are poor for business at the moment, will change with windows phone 8 that has better encryption etc but for now I bet most corporate organisations wouldnt even let employees use it in its current form.

Mind you they dont let you use Android or IOS either, we have to use something called the good application to get work mail. With blackberry you can just use the system as normal, no app required to get mail etc.

How are they a step behind? Windows mobile supported SD cards, multi tasking etc before Android had even been released.

From what I've seen a lot of Android devices dont even have SD card slots so much these days.

And MS are poor for business at the moment, will change with windows phone 8 that has better encryption etc but for now I bet most corporate organisations wouldnt even let employees use it in its current form.

Mind you they dont let you use Android or IOS either, we have to use something called the good application to get work mail. With blackberry you can just use the system as normal, no app required to get mail etc.

That's because Blackberry's operate off their own dedicated enterprise servers.

There's always significant hardware change whenever the model change is numerical; therein 's' is never worth getting for those who already own the handset.

I expect no less from the 5. Apple know there is great anticipation for a refreshed handset, especially considering the up surge in competitors. Disappointing revenue figures suggest they'll need to come to market with real wow factor.

I'll be buying the new one. Not because I'm a sheep, but because the 4 did everything I needed a phone to do. Faith in the technology has won my brand loyalty on this one.

I certainly would've held out for the 5 had family matters not intervened, but instead used my upgrade to pass the 4 on, etc...the two changes in the 4s (bigger memory and siri) were great. I would've genuinely thought about buying the 5 anyway were it not for the underwhelming leaks thus far. Perhaps when the official news of exactly what it will do comes out, I'll be a hypocrite and get right in there...for now, no though...

I certainly would've held out for the 5 had family matters not intervened, but instead used my upgrade to pass the 4 on, etc...the two changes in the 4s (bigger memory and siri) were great. I would've genuinely thought about buying the 5 anyway were it not for the underwhelming leaks thus far. Perhaps when the official news of exactly what it will do comes out, I'll be a hypocrite and get right in there...for now, no though...

I was due an upgrade last December. The 4s wasn't worth 'upgrading' to though.

The 5 will bring brand new hardware to the fore. It'll make the 4 and 4s look brick in comparison, as the 4 did the chunky 3 and 3s. Apple need a wow factor to drive growth forward and the iPhone has become their vehicle of choice. My 4 already does all that I need it to do, but I expect the 5 will do it even better and remarkably quicker. Simple choice.

I was due an upgrade last December. The 4s wasn't worth 'upgrading' to though.

The 5 will bring brand new hardware to the fore. It'll make the 4 and 4s look brick in comparison, as the 4 did the chunky 3 and 3s. Apple need a wow factor to drive growth forward and the iPhone has become their vehicle of choice. My 4 already does all that I need it to do, but I expect the 5 will do it even better and remarkably quicker. Simple choice.

Trust me, circumstances dictated and I have 70% convinced myself I won't need the 5. My wife has already bet a dinner that I will have one in my pocket soon after release. I am getting shakier I must admit...the jump from 3 to 4 was absurd (I never had a 3g)...

Back