• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New iPhone 5

I'll be getting one but simply because my contract is up on my 4.

What else am I going to get? A Samsung?? :ross:

Galaxy S3 says hi, and bricks all over the I phone 4/4s from a great height!

I phone 5 will have to be a truly amazing phone to beat it. Imo the I phone 5 won't be miles ahead of the s3 if at all.

Last edited:
No more expensive than the other top end smartphones
Not from what I saw when choosing between the I phone 4S and the s3. The I phone 4s was on more expensive contracts AND you had to pay an initial charge despite the s3 being on cheaper contracts no initial charge, and a newer, and better phone

Last edited:
S3 retailed at over £500 on release, similar to iPhone. Difference is it will come down in price whereas Apple rarely or never drop their prices.

If you have the money its well worth buying your phone sim free and getting a sim only tariff, makes it much cheaper then your not tied down.

S3 retailed at over £500 on release, similar to iPhone. Difference is it will come down in price whereas Apple rarely or never drop their prices.

If you have the money its well worth buying your phone sim free and getting a sim only tariff, makes it much cheaper then your not tied down.

This. When you work out what you pay on a 24 month Contract plus the usual initial cost of the phone its much cheaper to buy it and then get a phone free sim. I Went from having a £45 a month contract to a £10 one where i get all i need on that sim. That will have saved me £840 or so in wasted contract costs straight away. Getting a contract is like getting a load, they certainly make you pay over the top in the long run.

It hurts to buy a phone up front, but if you can its worth it. Personally i got out of contracts though as i was sick of the 24month length which was becoming the norm. I like to change my phone when I want, normally every year and not be held prisoner by these contracts.

I'll be going the whole buy the phone / get a cheaper sim route next year. Good thing about the iPhone when it comes to going that route is the good sell on value Apple products have.

Galaxy S3 says hi, and bricks all over the I phone 4/4s from a great height!

I phone 5 will have to be a truly amazing phone to beat it. Imo the I phone 5 won't be miles ahead of the s3 if at all.

Thats weird, considering samsung completely ripped off the iphone in every possible way.

I'll be going the whole buy the phone / get a cheaper sim route next year. Good thing about the iPhone when it comes to going that route is the good sell on value Apple products have.

If you keep your current one in decent condition with the box, etc then upgrades don't tend to cost a lot up front at all. Maybe £100-150 at most, much better than a long contract.

Galaxy 3 is a very good phone, it hardly bricks all over the iphone 4s though. Droid owners sounding like Apple fanboys with each passing day.

Still think the Galaxy and others are way too big screen wise, but that's a personal preference which - get this - IS THE POINT OF OWNING A PHONE! lol

Galaxy 3 is a very good phone, it hardly bricks all over the iphone 4s though. Droid owners sounding like Apple fanboys with each passing day.

Still think the Galaxy and others are way too big screen wise, but that's a personal preference which - get this - IS THE POINT OF OWNING A PHONE! lol

:thumbup: this. People are far too defensive of brand names... . Would love to see what happens when apple move into the TV space 'my 52" true vision LG is way better than the apple retina 40".... Each to their own.

:thumbup: this. People are far too defensive of brand names... . Would love to see what happens when apple move into the TV space 'my 52" true vision LG is way better than the apple retina 40".... Each to their own.

I have a Chinese knock-off phone, Huawei. That's the beauty with Android. HTC and Samsung are far too expensive.

fudge that Sony FTW

Back