• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Is this a gut instinct or have you been watching his performances over there?

I believe in him, because I've seen what he's got. From Schalke seen only some clips. I've read what Schalke fans write about him. They praise his passing. Risky passes, great through balls, creativity. Of course there are critics, too. ..About concentration. About that he should found the right balance between risk and secure passes. But overall they see huge potential and future star.

Some Spurs fans seem automatically think that he's not doing well, because Schalke has done so poorly.

It's still HD but I think that clip was filmed at 60 frames per second rather than 25 which you see on tv, so the picture seems clearer/more fluid.

Why can't TV companies show it in 60 frames per second, surely modern TV's can handle it by now?

I believe in him, because I've seen what he's got. From Schalke seen only some clips. I've read what Schalke fans write about him. They praise his passing. Risky passes, great through balls, creativity. Of course there are critics, too. ..About concentration. About that he should found the right balance between risk and secure passes. But overall they see huge potential and future star.

Some Spurs fans seem automatically think that he's not doing well, because Schalke has done so poorly.

I wouldn't be one of those. I've seen him play a few times for Schalke and he's done very well personally even if the team has not. Overall I think he's a good player but I certainly wouldn't predict his ascension in superstardom just yet. He has long way to go.

Last edited:
If only his alleged attitude (allegedly) matched his potential he would still be with us.
I don't buy that at all! He has been a little unhappy about not getting enough playing time. Nothing wrong with that! That only shows competitiveness and that he wants to play. And judging by his start in the Bundesliga, he would have been useful for us now, when we have a few players that are not in their best form.

I also wonder if he asked to be played in a different position. For Algeria he plays a less defensive role than at Spurs. For Schalke, it looks like he is an AM. Perhaps we should try him there when and if he returns.

I also wonder if he asked to be played in a different position. For Algeria he plays a less defensive role than at Spurs. For Schalke, it looks like he is an AM. Perhaps we should try him there when and if he returns.
Interesting point. Is it to do with balance, we have dele and Lamela who run and tackle and son and eriksen that run but don't tackle much or well. Does poch feel having Bentaleb who isn't afraid of sticking a foot in to much of a risk discipline wise?

He's still playing CM for Schalke but he has a more defensively disciplined partner like Geis or Goretzka alongside/behind him. With us he only ever really played with Mason, it's a shame we'll probably never see him get a chance alongside Dier/Wanyama as they'd suit his game a lot better.

Interesting point. Is it to do with balance, we have dele and Lamela who run and tackle and son and eriksen that run but don't tackle much or well. Does poch feel having Bentaleb who isn't afraid of sticking a foot in to much of a risk discipline wise?
That is one of the worst and most ludicrous suggestions I've heard in a long time. Doesn't make any sort of sense!

Reactions: DTA
I don't buy that at all! He has been a little unhappy about not getting enough playing time. Nothing wrong with that! That only shows competitiveness and that he wants to play. And judging by his start in the Bundesliga, he would have been useful for us now, when we have a few players that are not in their best form.

Son was also unhappy about his playing time, but he's still with us. Bentaleb's attitude has seen him burn his bridges.

Back