• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

I thought he was awful today, didn't seem to want to get involved in the game and was often caught out of position.

I thought he was awful today, didn't seem to want to get involved in the game and was often caught out of position.

How did he end up with more touches of the ball and making more passes than any other player (on both teams) then?

There seems to be a clutch of people with pro-somebody leanings, for whom anyone else being selected in that area of the pitch provokes a rubbishing.

I don't think Bentaleb has done badly at all, coped well with the 'top side' throughout, and was still driving things forward at the end.

How did he end up with more touches of the ball and making more passes than any other player (on both teams) then?

Its about getting involved at the right times and showing yourself when the pressure is in. Exchanging one twos with the cbs doesn't cut it.

if he was on the ball that much then how come we had no control in midfield or sustained periods of pressure. I know it was 3 v 2 on paper there but Eriksen tucked in a lot and a good 2 can still dominate against 2 if well disciplined.

Its about getting involved at the right times and showing yourself when the pressure is in. Exchanging one twos with the cbs doesn't cut it.

if he was on the ball that much then how come we had no control in midfield or sustained periods of pressure. I know it was 3 v 2 on paper there but Eriksen tucked in a lot and a good 2 can still dominate against 2 if well disciplined.

Because it was arsenal away ffs

what????

totally disagree. He had a good game against a quality scum midfield. Outshone Wheelchair thats for sure

Because it was arsenal away ffs

Spot on

---------------

Thought Bentaleb had a very good game, his most impressive so far considering the situation and opponents. Showed a bit of real class on the ball, very rarely gave the ball away, moved it quickly and made some purposeful forward passes whilst also playing mostly low risk passes. Despite playing 4-4-2 against a 4-3-3 team and Adebayor not being as sharp as against United we weren't totally outplayed in midfield, a lot of credit to Bentaleb and Dembele for that.

Really looking forward to seeing more of Bentaleb, seems to fit that deep midfield role like a glove. After a performance like that I think he deserves another start against Palace.

What a performance from him today

Clearly MOM

Broke up play and had some great creative passes too

Real competition for places in that central midfield, when Sandro and Paulinho returns

What a performance from him today

Clearly MOM

Broke up play and had some great creative passes too

Real competition for places in that central midfield, when Sandro and Paulinho returns

I pray this mean we move towards a Midfield 3, it only makes sense.

Real good performance. Needs to be played in a midfield three in my opinion to release his full potential. I think we may just see that when Sandro comes back. I mean who are you going to drop when we have all out central midfielders fit!?

Real good performance. Needs to be played in a midfield three in my opinion to release his full potential. I think we may just see that when Sandro comes back. I mean who are you going to drop when we have all out central midfielders fit!?

Thats like me dreaming about what I would do with a Suzanne reed and Carol of the weather , its just not going to happen.

I drew comparisons with Pogba previously, and todays performance really reminded me of Pogba. Was comfortable on the ball, always had the pass in his head before he recieved the ball, strong driving runs through the middle. So close to topping it off with a scorcher off the post too.

I wonder if we'd have sold Luongo if Sherwood was in charge, I always rated him highly.

agree, I was amazed when we sold him. Thought he had far more potential than Livermore and was a more complete player than Carroll

The lad had an excellent game for Spurs today.

He seems to grow in stature in every match.

I admit to not being as impressed as the rest of the board, but he was excellent today.

As fort eh question what happens when sandro comes back, bentaleb gets dropped, obviously, let's not get carried away. What happens when Paulinho comes back is harder, dembele is excellent this season so I would say bench for him too. What a bench it will be when lamela, kaboul, Vertonghen, sandro and Paulinho come back

Will be interesting to see what Timmy does if we have all our CMs available. Sandro is on his way back and Paulinho should only be a couple weeks away. Doesn't seem that TS rates Capoue particularly but with Sandro, Paulinho, Bentaleb, Dembele and perhaps Carroll as well, you can see us going 4-3-3, especially when we're down to just two senior CFs. We also play 4-3-3 at junior levels and given TS's technical director role, you would assume that that is his decision

Back