• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Are you actually talking chances or actual assists?

I'd like to see the chance creations stats personally

Take a look back through the Lamela thread if you're really interested as it's a debate I have backed up fully many times before.

Last edited:
One bad game in Mason's position at the age of 20 and people lap up Alan Shearer's ********.

Ah, did Shearer c**t him on MOTD? (sighs)...

Someone asked earlier what made him a 'special prospective talent'...

1) His usual awareness of the game is excellent
2) He is a natural leader
3) A crisp, two-footed passer who looks to move the ball quickly in transitions
4) A player unafraid to sacrifice himself for the good of the team by playing out of his favorite position
5) When in advanced position, very quick
6) He is a relentless winner.

He wants it. He always wants it. He never ever ever hides....a rare quality in young players these days. Someone else here remarked that no-one would be beating themselves up harder than Bentaleb, and I tend to agree.

I think,within the next 3 seasons, he will mature into one of the leading central midfielders in the Prem. Happy to revisit this prediction at the end of that passage of time.

4) A player unafraid to sacrifice himself for the good of the team by playing out of his favorite position

He wants it. He always wants it. He never ever ever hides....a rare quality in young players these days. Someone else here remarked that no-one would be beating themselves up harder than Bentaleb, and I tend to agree.

I think,within the next 3 seasons, he will mature into one of the leading central midfielders in the Prem. Happy to revisit this prediction at the end of that passage of time.

Personally, I believe that is massively overestimating him but I hope you are right.

How have you come to this conclusion?
watch him play with more zest when he plays for algeria. he defends and tackles and takes the initiative launching attack or even bringing the ball forwards like a yahaya toure. oh ... and he shoots too. also scores more for algeria than for spurs.

its boredom that is stifling him.

watch him play with more zest when he plays for algeria. he defends and tackles and takes the initiative launching attack or even bringing the ball forwards like a yahaya toure. oh ... and he shoots too. also scores more for algeria than for spurs.

its boredom that is stifling him.

What level of opposition do you think he is up against in internationals? Better or worse than PL?

What level of opposition do you think he is up against in internationals? Better or worse than PL?
worse but that's not the point. he just isn't enjoying his football in poch's system. watching the way he communicates with the Algerian coach I believe that Bentaleb is THE man in the midfield. but he's just another cog in poch's sytem.

Don't shoot me! but the kind of player he wants to be and reminds me of is Bryan Robson.

Give him time, as he looks like he'll give Tottenham everything he can, and there aint many of those.

worse but that's not the point. he just isn't enjoying his football in poch's system. watching the way he communicates with the Algerian coach I believe that Bentaleb is THE man in the midfield. but he's just another cog in poch's sytem.

That's kind of the point of Poch's system. Everyone is a cog, no one is more important than the team/system. Better than the sum of it's parts etc etc

That's kind of the point of Poch's system. Everyone is a cog, no one is more important than the team/system. Better than the sum of it's parts etc etc
i understand that and i am saying that bentaleb doesn't look like he is enjoying his football under poch. i am going out on a limb to say that if bentaleb doesn't improve - and its not just the mistakes in defence - i think poch will look to replace him soon.

i understand that and i am saying that bentaleb doesn't look like he is enjoying his football under poch. i am going out on a limb to say that if bentaleb doesn't improve - and its not just the mistakes in defence - i think poch will look to replace him soon.

That's a bold claim! I disagree and would go as far to say that I think Bentaleb is going to be a really important part of Poch's team.

Did you dislocate your knee when you posted that?

Bentaleb is 20 years old, sometimes he's amazing, some times he makes shocking errors, most of the team is solid. Not bad for a 20 year old in the premiership. To slag him is ridiculous, but to say maybe he shouldn't be our main midfielder, which he seems to be, maybe. We don't have anything else though. People are loving Alli but how much have we seen of him? A couple of misplaced passes from him and everyone will be on his back too because that's what people love to do here!!!

Fact is, and I've been saying it ALL last season, we need a more experienced head next to however plays in midfield, they're all too inexperienced. We need someone to guide them and pick them up when we fall away (how much did we crumble when we let in the goal last weekend?). Dier, bentaleb, Alli all too young; age doesn't matter with ability, but it means an awful lot with your head!!

Ultimately, because of Poch or Levy, or both, we haven't sorted our weakest part of our team/squad; probably why I'd play with Dembele, but we're incredibly short and weak in this area.

Bentaleb is 20 years old, sometimes he's amazing, some times he makes shocking errors, most of the team is solid. Not bad for a 20 year old in the premiership. To slag him is ridiculous, but to say maybe he shouldn't be our main midfielder, which he seems to be, maybe. We don't have anything else though. People are loving Alli but how much have we seen of him? A couple of misplaced passes from him and everyone will be on his back too because that's what people love to do here!!!

Fact is, and I've been saying it ALL last season, we need a more experienced head next to however plays in midfield, they're all too inexperienced. We need someone to guide them and pick them up when we fall away (how much did we crumble when we let in the goal last weekend?). Dier, bentaleb, Alli all too young; age doesn't matter with ability, but it means an awful lot with your head!!

Ultimately, because of Poch or Levy, or both, we haven't sorted our weakest part of our team/squad; probably why I'd play with Dembele, but we're incredibly short and weak in this area.

Agreed. An experience CM is something we are sorely lacking. Bender would be a great addition but there's another thread for that.

Back