• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

That this ever actually ever happens at this level of football is the biggest myth ever. People claimed this at the start of the season too, anything but deal with the fact that whether you agree or not Poch actually likes to play him....
What we know little about is the fitness and form of Dembele and Winks. If they weren't fit enough to start or off form there aren't a ton of options. Arguably we could have started Llorente or Lamela, but they both had their first starts in a long time at Swansea and probably weren't ready.

It's January and we haven't recalled Onomah yet, perhaps it would have happened already if he was seen as a realistic option for Sissoko in that role.

I remain confused about the continued use of Sissoko in many games. Even if there were no other good options from the start leaving him on until they scored against West Ham is to me a mystery. We looked in control, but we're getting increasingly desperate for a goal. We had plenty of shots, but very few properly good chances. Yet he remained on the pitch. That's not a player being used to keep him in the shop window.

What we know little about is the fitness and form of Dembele and Winks. If they weren't fit enough to start or off form there aren't a ton of options. Arguably we could have started Llorente or Lamela, but they both had their first starts in a long time at Swansea and probably weren't ready.

It's January and we haven't recalled Onomah yet, perhaps it would have happened already if he was seen as a realistic option for Sissoko in that role.

I remain confused about the continued use of Sissoko in many games. Even if there were no other good options from the start leaving him on until they scored against West Ham is to me a mystery. We looked in control, but we're getting increasingly desperate for a goal. We had plenty of shots, but very few properly good chances. Yet he remained on the pitch. That's not a player being used to keep him in the shop window.

Its quite scary how he keeps on playing in games agains teams that dont suit his game

He was brilliant IMO at Madrid as they attacked us

He played vs Burnley away and was ok as again they had to attack us

Every time he plays against teams that don attack he offers nothing other than looking lost and disrupting play

He is a spoiler and there is a role for that kind of player but not at home vs people who dont leave their half

Its quite scary how he keeps on playing in games agains teams that dont suit his game

He was brilliant IMO at Madrid as they attacked us

He played vs Burnley away and was ok as again they had to attack us

Every time he plays against teams that don attack he offers nothing other than looking lost and disrupting play

He is a spoiler and there is a role for that kind of player but not at home vs people who dont leave their half
It might have been that Pochettino thought West Ham were planning to press us and make it a more physical battle all over the pitch. It became obvious pretty soon that that wouldn't be the case.

It might have been that Pochettino thought West Ham were planning to press us and make it a more physical battle all over the pitch. It became obvious pretty soon that that wouldn't be the case.
I don't usually buy the "Poch is brick at subs" argument, but yesterday Poch was brick at subs.

I think it was abundantly clear how Moyes would play from the off - it's been his MO since the first time I fell asleep watching his teams play. Even if you don't allow for that, those changes should have been made after 20 minutes.

This is it for me, his initial inclusion is arguable, I wouldn’t have started him but you can argue for his inclusion as you have above. But when it was quite obvious after 25/30 minutes the way the game was going and Sissoko, in these circumstances, is actually more of a hinderance than a help, it’s quite annoying that he lasted 70 minutes, I’d have had him off at half time at the latest.

If anyone on here knows a journo I’d donate a fiver if they can be encouraged to ask Poch at the next press conference. “Sissoko, what does he do?”

I know he has a ‘good engine’, and is a ‘physical presence’ and we’ve had ‘injuries’, and is ‘fast’, but other than filling in for the sick and wounded I am super curious that there is no other player in the squad that can start instead of him. I know Winks is a different player and all the other reason, but he is so... so... Sissoko.

Dier and Wanyama are spoilers. Sissoko doesn't have the awareness or acceleration to effectively spoil. He's too busy jogging, pointing and being slow. (yes, yes, his top speed is great)

We should sell him to a club like West Ham, where he belongs. He is out of his depths in a club aiming for top4. However, since we have given him so much undeserved game time, he won't probably go there as he will "stay and fight for a place in the team".

When I watch games I often judge the opposition by "which of their players would we have".

Last night Lanzini looked like he would operate in our team. And Masuaku looked like he had something about him Poch could work on, as a development project.

Given how West Ham set up though, Sissoko would be perfect for them. They really dont have legs in midfield, and given how deep they sit he would fit in brilliantly. And, of course, his lack of quality wouldnt even show.

I bet there's a queue already.

we don't need a queue, we only need 1 buyer. And I'm pretty certain that Levy is willing to write off 1,5 years (6*1.5 = 9 mill). He should be. If we get 21 mill for him we should sell, sell and sell. Levy being Levy, we can hope to get 30 mill.

Last edited:
Against League 1 competition Id expect no less

At least he made an impact and did something decisive. There were 10 other Spurs players also playing against League 1 opposition too.

But I think it’s good if he was tasked with taking more offensive responsibility today and delivered. He wasn’t good against West Ham and the thinking was likely to get that game out of his system as quickly as possible. If he’s just been keeping it simple up to now, that will no longer be good enough against defensive teams. He has to take responsibility and feel like he’s confident in his own ability to do so.

Back