• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

It was a league 1 team. If he did any less it would have been unforgivable. I fully expected him to do "well".

The relentless defense of him is not always necessary.

It was a league 1 team. If he did any less it would have been unforgivable. I fully expected him to do "well".

The relentless defense of him is not always necessary.

Yes....you’d expect everyone to do well. But Llorente didn’t score, Lamela didn’t assist. At least he contributed. I’m just making the point that praise being cloaked in ‘it was just a League 1 team’ means that there are other players that weren’t as decisive. He was today - a positive step after a poor last game.

It wasnt praise and it wasnt cloaked.

We won 3-0. A comfortable result and performance. Im sure not solely because of Sissoko. Everyone did their job. I would expect no less against league 1 opposition.

Its a plain statement, no need to look for insults to Sissokos honour that must be defended.

It wasnt praise and it wasnt cloaked.

We won 3-0. A comfortable result and performance. Im sure not solely because of Sissoko. Everyone did their job. I would expect no less against league 1 opposition.

Its a plain statement, no need to look for insults to Sissokos honour that must be defended.

Really wasn’t what I was doing. Just as plain was ‘did well today’ or whatever WestBerkshire said above. Maybe it didn’t need a timely reminder of why that praise wasn’t deserved, or maybe it was a pretty normal opinion.

We paid 30 mill for him. If he couldn't show it against Wimbledon, Levy would have a good case for getting his money back from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If only he would do this in Premier League and on a regular basis.

Yes....you’d expect everyone to do well. But Llorente didn’t score, Lamela didn’t assist. At least he contributed. I’m just making the point that praise being cloaked in ‘it was just a League 1 team’ means that there are other players that weren’t as decisive. He was today - a positive step after a poor last game.
Shop window for the Championship? ;)

It's useless, mate... As with other Spurs players (and coaches) of the past, whatever good Sissoko does will always be qualified and berated by the usual suspects...

Reactions: DTA
You have a point its not always necessary, but then again neither are all the negative ( slagging) comments from the same posters about him after every game.

yeah i really hate it when people repeatedly make the same posts again and again

Whatever happens to him, I will always hold some affection for that wonderful tune 'wake me up before you go go...' as it has given me some great laughs this season!

He was awful today. He's fine for a lineup where we need to sit back and counter, but he's severely limited as a footballer and offers nothing in games where we need to build up play. Many times today where you can see he just doesn't click with the rest of our attacking trio, not to mention the poor passes.

wow! The stare Davies gave Sissoko when Sissoko missed that sitter.

Stare of contempt.
That sitter? How hard Davies hit that shot all he could do was stick out a leg and hope which was what he did. Even the commentary didn't make a big deal of it being missed, but how predictable someone wants to make something of it on here.....

which describes Sissoko's technique. Stick out a leg and hope.

Please look at the replay of the chance. and pay attention to Davies as he runs back. he turns and stares at Sissoko, disbelieving that he could miss.

Little bit odd that here and other Spurs discussion forums, Sissoko is copping most of the flak for what was a pretty poor performance team wise. The idea that he looks like he’s never played before is just nonsense, shouldn’t need to be said but he completed a bunch of passes to team mates, he set up our best chance and got into good positions. I’m not saying he was especially good but Dier, Dele, Son, were all worse. Dembele didn’t have any more impact than Sissoko did. Once again, Dier gave the ball away in such a dangerous area that Southampton almost had a clear run on goal. Dier does this repeatedly, and its the kind of thing if Sissoko did it, he would get slaughtered. But Sissoko actually never does it.

I see this argument that because Dele or Dier have had great games before, that they get excused their poor ones. It doesn’t really make sense to me. No one is saying we need to sell them just because they’ve had a bad game, so there’s no need to excuse them. We still love them. But that doesn’t mean we can’t objectively say they were bad in a given game. And Sissoko objectively was not the worst Spurs player on the pitch, but for some reason on this site and others he is once again taking a disproportionate amount of the flack.

Back