• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Sissoko is good at breaking the lines from deep, he isn’t there to have an amazing end product that’s what the front four are for. Much like Dembele - and Sissoko has three assists in the Premier League this season, which is the same amount of assists as Dembele had in his last five seasons in the PL....

Doing something of worth wouldnt necessarily be getting an assist, or a goal. It would be getting the ball to the right people, in the right places, at the right time so the assist/goal/chance can follow.

Dembele wasnt amazing at this, but he was a damn sight better than Sissoko.

When Sissoko breaks the lines - so exciting, so dynamic, fans everywhere spontaneously creaming themselves - I always wait for the point of the run.

Most of the time there isnt one.

The point of it is that breaking the lines at pace pulls a team out of shape, it creates space for others and when he’s achieved this he tends to give it to an attacking player who is more of a finisher/creator. And as his confidence has grown he is playing more positive passes rather than safe ones like the passes Dier constantly plays sideways and backwards. Prime example his assist for Mouras goal v Huddersfield. And whilst doing this he still provides as much defensive cover as anyone....

And my point is that "tends to give it to an attacking player who is more of a finisher/creator" is far less frequent than you seem to think it is.

Most often his bursting runs amount to very little or nothing.

He is improving, and occasionally makes it count, but its still a minority thing for him.

And what good is breaking the lines, creating space, making a great situation for us to capitalise on - and then fluffing your lines so nothing comes of it?

And my point is that "tends to give it to an attacking player who is more of a finisher/creator" is far less frequent than you seem to think it is.

Most often his bursting runs amount to very little or nothing.

He is improving, and occasionally makes it count, but its still a minority thing for him.

And what good is breaking the lines, creating space, making a great situation for us to capitalise on - and then fluffing your lines so nothing comes of it?

Most attacks come to nothing, it's not basketball.

Yes, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Would you suggest Sissoko is a reliable attacking threat by football standards?

I would not. This is of course another thing we can agree to disagree on.

No I don't think he is great at attacking either, although he has been unlucky with worldie strikes a few time this season, he is what he is though and he uses his limited ability very well and even more bizarre to me than lamela and his injuries is how he has almost become a stalwart of the team. It's been one weird season.
I wasn't being facetious, just humorous, or trying to be

Ah sorry mate, been getting odd vibes off of you today - but maybe its me?! :confused:

Despite popular belief Ive nothing personal against Sissoko. I just very simply do not rate him as as good a footballer as most seem to here.

My point was only that there is every chance him breaking the lines wouldnt actually have changed anything, because it usually doesnt.

I think him becoming a stalwart of the team, while a huge success story for him, is actually the very definition of why we need to focus our efforts this summer on midfield. Yes, I know we have other issues, but even so...

Ah sorry mate, been getting odd vibes off of you today - but maybe its me?! :confused:

Despite popular belief Ive nothing personal against Sissoko. I just very simply do not rate him as as good a footballer as most seem to here.

My point was only that there is every chance him breaking the lines wouldnt actually have changed anything, because it usually doesnt.

I think him becoming a stalwart of the team, while a huge success story for him, is actually the very definition of why we need to focus our efforts this summer on midfield. Yes, I know we have other issues, but even so...

No worries, I think everyone is getting edgy because of tonight I know I am.
GHod knows what it would be like if we got to the final. Is there an exploding head emoji?

Back