• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Still, deserved of taking pretty much the literal brunt of everyone’s criticism when there were worse Spurs players today?
The other spurs players play well more often than not though. It was a below par performance from the team, but it was a par performance for Sissoko and I'm afraid I've grown tired of it, I've lost patience for him. I'm a positive poster on players but I've had/seen enough now.

Not a sitter, but the type of chance that a good enough player (i.e. not Sissoko) would perhaps score.
Right so youve said a good player might, meaning he might not score that chance - basically you don’t know,which means it’s not a sitter and you acknowledged it’s not a sitter so no idea why you replied to my post in the first place....

Still, deserved of taking pretty much the literal brunt of everyone’s criticism when there were worse Spurs players today?

There were worse players today and he wasn't the one to blame for us not winning, but it becomes a cumulative thing when you consistently fail to deliver (for one and a half season now!). Every other player on that pitch today have had good, very good and excellent displays for the team this season (and for many seasons before this season). Sissoko has barely had a couple of average or decent performances for us since he joined almost two seasons ago. He consistently fails to offer us anything (and quite often is more of a liability), yet he still keeps on getting a place in that starting line-up. Which isn't his fault (that he gets picked), but it's a fudging mystery why he keeps playing with the performances he's putting in. I partly feel sorry for him, it's not like I've got anything personal against him as a human being, but he just doesn't look good enough as a footballer - I don't think it's a confidence thing, he just isn't good enough of a footballer to play for us (they didn't even rate him at bloody Saudi Sportswashing Machine, ffs). So Sissoko should maybe not get the stick, he's doing his best the poor soul, but Poch should be questioned about why the hell he keeps selecting him.

Last edited:
Right so youve said a good player might, meaning he might not score that chance - basically you don’t know,which means it’s not a sitter and you acknowledged it’s not a sitter so no idea why you replied to my post in the first place....
Because you’re worth it.

There were worse players today and he wasn't the one to blame for us not winning, but it becomes a cumulative thing when you consistently fail to deliver (for one and a half season now!). Every other player on that pitch today have had good, very good and excellent displays for the team this season (and for many seasons before this season). Sissoko has barely had a couple of average or decent performances for us since he joined almost two seasons ago. He consistently fails to offer us anything (and quite often is more of a liability), yet he still keeps on getting a place in that starting line-up. Which isn't his fault (that he gets picked), but it's a fudging mystery why he keeps playing with the performances he's putting in. I partly feel sorry for him, it's not like I've got anything personal against him as a human being, but he just doesn't look good enough as a footballer - I don't think it's a confidence thing, he just isn't good enough of a footballer to play for us (they didn't even rate him at bloody Saudi Sportswashing Machine, ffs). So Sissoko should maybe not get the stick, he's doing his best the poor soul, but Poch should be questioned about why the hell he keeps selecting him.

If he keeps getting in, maybe he is offering us something? And maybe the expectations that Poch has are different from the fans who can’t see what he is looking for.

He’s never going to be this £30M attacking dynamo. So stop expecting him to be and judging him against that. He’s played in plenty of good team performances this year and does a job. It’s the job of a selfless squad player that works hard, puts the team before themselves and that’s that. He was a mistaken buy but objectively now, he’s doing a decent job. He’s performing no worse than other players but taking disproportionate amounts of the flack.

If anyone is wondering why Sissoko got so much stick during the match, it's because we was very obviously the wrong choice to start the match. Within 5 minutes he clearly should have been subbed off.

After 20 minutes it was abundantly clear that he was offering nothing defensively and even less offensively. Again, if Poch treated substitutions the way every single other professional treats them, the sub should have happened.

If we're being really, really generous to Poch then half time was absolutely the time to change it up and haul him off so that we at least had a chance of putting some kind of attack together in the second half.

Finally, 60 minutes too late Poch decides to make a sub. At that point, he decides to take off a player who for his entire Spurs career has made a habit of getting a goal from nowhere. Instead of the player who has done virtually nothing offensively except for two France games.

If anyone is wondering why Sissoko got so much stick during the match, it's because we was very obviously the wrong choice to start the match. Within 5 minutes he clearly should have been subbed off.

After 20 minutes it was abundantly clear that he was offering nothing defensively and even less offensively. Again, if Poch treated substitutions the way every single other professional treats them, the sub should have happened.

If we're being really, really generous to Poch then half time was absolutely the time to change it up and haul him off so that we at least had a chance of putting some kind of attack together in the second half.

Finally, 60 minutes too late Poch decides to make a sub. At that point, he decides to take off a player who for his entire Spurs career has made a habit of getting a goal from nowhere. Instead of the player who has done virtually nothing offensively except for two France games.
Seems like Sissoko had been quite offensive to you.

Seems like Sissoko had been quite offensive to you.
I don't mind or blame him at all. It's not his fault he's a brick footballer - I'm a brick footballer, the whole West Ham team are brick footballers. There's nothing wrong with that.

My problems are that

a) He's a Spurs player
b) He keeps getting starts
c) He doesn't get subbed off in the first 20 minutes when it's clear he's brick.

Little bit odd that here and other Spurs discussion forums, Sissoko is copping most of the flak for what was a pretty poor performance team wise. The idea that he looks like he’s never played before is just nonsense, shouldn’t need to be said but he completed a bunch of passes to team mates, he set up our best chance and got into good positions. I’m not saying he was especially good but Dier, Dele, Son, were all worse. Dembele didn’t have any more impact than Sissoko did. Once again, Dier gave the ball away in such a dangerous area that Southampton almost had a clear run on goal. Dier does this repeatedly, and its the kind of thing if Sissoko did it, he would get slaughtered. But Sissoko actually never does it.

I see this argument that because Dele or Dier have had great games before, that they get excused their poor ones. It doesn’t really make sense to me. No one is saying we need to sell them just because they’ve had a bad game, so there’s no need to excuse them. We still love them. But that doesn’t mean we can’t objectively say they were bad in a given game. And Sissoko objectively was not the worst Spurs player on the pitch, but for some reason on this site and others he is once again taking a disproportionate amount of the flack.

I agree re Dier. He's not been the same player he was in 2015/16 for a while now. The funny thing is, he thinks he can play and often plays risky passes when in reality he's very limited when it comes to distribution and therefore should keep it simple.

As for Sissoko, he's just not good enough for where we want to be. It's not his fault, I know he doesn't miss chances on purpose. I think it's Poch who should cop more of the flak for playing him so often when we have better options available.

Last edited:
If he keeps getting in, maybe he is offering us something? And maybe the expectations that Poch has are different from the fans who can’t see what he is looking for.

He’s never going to be this £30M attacking dynamo. So stop expecting him to be and judging him against that. He’s played in plenty of good team performances this year and does a job. It’s the job of a selfless squad player that works hard, puts the team before themselves and that’s that. He was a mistaken buy but objectively now, he’s doing a decent job. He’s performing no worse than other players but taking disproportionate amounts of the flack.

Sorry mate but I have to pick you up on that. He's a utility player which means that he's meant to be able to play a box to box or attacking midfield role to at least a passable standard? The problem is you know you are very rarely going to get anything special or even decent from him in an attacking sense.

Sorry mate but I have to pick you up on that. He's a utility player which means that he's meant to be able to play a box to box or attacking midfield role to at least a passable standard? The problem is you know you are very rarely going to get anything special or even decent from him in an attacking sense.

He was a poor buy as an attacking player in a side that dominates possession. As a solid squad option playing deeper, he’s pretty much doing his job against those expectations. I just feel like people are waiting or expecting him to be this Sadio Mane esque player which he will just never be. He is a poor choice to play behind the striker if we’re expecting to dominate possession. He’s a decent choice to play a deeper role. I’ve been judging him like that because he’s played deeper most of this season. Fee and what we expected before he joined are irrelevant when it comes to fairly offering our support IMO.

He was a poor buy as an attacking player in a side that dominates possession. As a solid squad option playing deeper, he’s pretty much doing his job against those expectations. I just feel like people are waiting or expecting him to be this Sadio Mane esque player which he will just never be. He is a poor choice to play behind the striker if we’re expecting to dominate possession. He’s a decent choice to play a deeper role. I’ve been judging him like that because he’s played deeper most of this season. Fee and what we expected before he joined are irrelevant when it comes to fairly offering our support IMO.
I think he's offered very little defensively too.

His pace and power are useful attributes that get him out of trouble at times, but his reading of the game is fudging shocking. His positioning is way off, his decision making is worse and it's like he only just met his teammates this morning.

His pace and power are useful attributes that get him out of trouble at times, but his reading of the game is fudging shocking. His positioning is way off, his decision making is worse and it's like he only just met his teammates this morning.
Agree. It's nothing personal against him, we can just so easily upgrade on him.

I flat disagree on his positioning etc on the defensive side, I think it’s one of his strongest attributes.

But I can accept we’re never going to agree. Have at it guys - I’m sure he’ll be out of our club soon enough.

I don't know what his position is but with Wanyama fit again and Lamela chomping at the bit, he should be on the bench not fcuking starting. The very least we should be doing this transfer window is upgrading on him. Would be easy business and if we can't identify an upgrade our scouting department needs an overhaul.

I agree re Dier. He's not been the same player he was in 2015/16 for a while now. The funny thing is, he thinks he can play and often plays risky passes when in reality he's very limited when it comes to distribution and therefore should keep it simple.

As for Sissoko, he's just not good enough for where we want to be. It's not his fault, I know he doesn't miss chances on purpose. I think it's Poch who should cop more of the flak for playing him so often when we have better options available.
All the negative comments about Sissoko are spot on, its like playing having had a man sent off. Also agree with you about Dier, he keeps costing us in every game. Cant wait to see Toby back but weve got to give him the deal.

Don’t worry. He’s so good and played so well for France in 2 games in the last Euros we will be able to off load him with ease

Back